Do we start Whaley next game or | The Boneyard

Do we start Whaley next game or

Reaction Score
was this just a good match-up for him? I think he earned a start with 13 pts, 11 reb & 4 steals....career game deserves a reward.

Carlton was a total zero & not much from Akok either so I would start Whaley for one of them for 1 game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Carlton could not keep up with Houston. Much better matchup for Isaiah. I don’t know anything about Tulsa

Reaction Score
We are better when we play our athletes. Whaley is one of them. Play a heavy rotation with Whaley Sid, bouknight, akok, and I guess gilbert and Vital and at least we have an identity because it sure isn’t going to be shooting. Gaffney was supposed to be really athletic but I haven’t seen it at all yet. We can keep Temi out for the time being.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
was this just a good match-up for him? I think he earned a start with 13 pts, 11 reb & 4 steals....career game deserves a reward.

Carlton was a total zero & not much from Akok either so I would start Whaley for one of them.

It was a good match up for Whaley but it was a known good match up. We know Carlton is slow with his feet and plays below the rim. We know Whaley has more bounce and less heft. I'd prefer to see Whaley and Akok play together more because they cover so much ground on their hedges and getting back to the player they are defending.
Josh has his place against big ground pounders, but he shouldn't be guaranteed starts or minutes. He is very limited in game situations where he is a plus.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Carlton could not keep up with Houston. Much better matchup for Isaiah. I don’t know anything about Tulsa
I think the last time we saw...I can't write his name...was when he had that perfect pass and open lay-up. He got the ball, then proceeded to take 8.3 seconds to realize he caught the ball. spin, get his balance, wonder if he should dunk (then inside his head he debated whether to dunk, pass back out or whether he really liked Doritos over Fritos) or lay the ball up. He then kinda jumped and missed.

Reaction Score
def the most energetic and active. need grit with this roster

Reaction Score
One day everyone is calling for Whaley to transfer and open up a spot for someone with more talent, the next people are calling for him to start. This is a crazy, crazy place
They're not mutually exclusive. Whaley is a great energy guy and is doing a lot of good stuff on the court. But he's certainly not as valuable to the program (as it stands today) as one or more top 50 F/C recruits or an elite grad transfer. I hope he stays, but I get it.

Reaction Score
One day everyone is calling for Whaley to transfer and open up a spot for someone with more talent, the next people are calling for him to start. This is a crazy, crazy place
Crazy place is a given with this bi-polar team that plays effective for 36 mins against good teams but then the crazy kicks in and those 4 loopy minutes always cost us in the end.

I was calling for him to "start" 1 game as a reward for great game, but if Carlton continues his inconsistent play then maybe Whaley plays more anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Carlton was a total zero & not much from Akok either so I would start Whaley for one of them for 1 game.
No, he's always capable of a bagel the next game as is Carlton. These kids are consistently inconsistent. The only thing they're consistent at is finding every possible way to lose with the game on the line.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
sure, why not, we have nothing to lose

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Whaley does play above the rim
Whaley.jpg

Reaction Score
I've been a Whaley fan since last season. He's way more athletic than Josh and he hustles hard for this team. I think we all saw what he is capable of in extended minutes. He needs to see the floor more. This team excels at both ends when he's on the floor.

Reaction Score

only being raised because it's very easy to outplay carlton. neither have any business in the big east

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think the last time we saw...I can't write his name...was when he had that perfect pass and open lay-up. He got the ball, then proceeded to take 8.3 seconds to realize he caught the ball. spin, get his balance, wonder if he should dunk (then inside his head he debated whether to dunk, pass back out or whether he really liked Doritos over Fritos) or lay the ball up. He then kinda jumped and missed.

Then he decided it was Munchos, but changed his mind to Funyons and finally settled on Rold Gold pretzels. By then, the play was over.

Reaction Score

The ones who want him out will then whine about "roster construction" 18 months later.

Reaction Score

Fts were money too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom