Discrepancies in the Bubble/Treatment of men vs women (merged) | The Boneyard

Discrepancies in the Bubble/Treatment of men vs women (merged)

Reaction Score
It's been all over Twitter and Tik Tok about the differences for the women inside the bubble. They have one, yes one, tiny rack of dumbbells while the men have a weight room I can only dream about. It's also been said that some of the women have been skipping meals because the food is so bad. The NCAA had plenty of time to prepare. It's unacceptable; yet predictable.

Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/ariivory
From Ari Chamber on Twitter:

"This is a situation where I'm confused, saddened, and infuriated. Between the weight area and swag bag, I was already like this discrepancy is jarring. After communicating with others, I was informed that the food situation was, indeed, highly questionable too.

Several claim, because of the strict quarantine and lack of food options of their liking, they "didn't really eat all day." Some were also bothered by the virtual experience activations that included hair scrunchie and makeup tips and tricks."

Reaction Score
1616158887826.png

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Sad commentary, to say the very least. NCAA hierarchy is to blame. They had as much time to accommodate the women as they did the men. As a fan of WCBB I am appalled. The women have gained little to not much, over the span of time since Title IX. Hosts are what they are. The NCAA did their home work and declared "good enough".

Reaction Score
Honestly so disappointing. Can’t say i’m surprised, but still disappointing.

Reaction Score
It's been all over Twitter and Tik Tok about the differences for the women inside the bubble. They have one, yes one, tiny rack of dumbbells while the men have a weight room I can only dream about. It's also been said that some of the women have been skipping meals because the food is so bad. The NCAA had plenty of time to prepare. It's unacceptable; yet predictable.
Paige is the one who brought up the swag bag discepancies in Feinberg’s AP All Americans interview. Then Aliya Boston joked about how she did like the body wash, but ‘really??’

Somebody - Nalyssa Smith I think - brought up the weight room and said, “What are you supposed to do with this?” And it appears the food is good now because the teams are sending out to local restaurants for it, with Cheescake Factory being the unanimous favorite...

Reaction Score
I agree women are treated differently and it's sad. with that said the men have been complaining about the food also saying they are being serviced fast food and non hot lunch box type meals. The NCAA needs to do a great deal of work. These student athletes are jewels and why they cannot see this is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Food, weights, etc. Nothing in respect to the big picture. The real question is if Jerry Seinfield will visit them while they are in the bubble.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You are 100% correct!! Why do the men get the best of everything, and the women are given substandard accommodations and food the kitchen help wouldn’t eat?

Someone didn’t do their due diligence. The March madness tournament is the biggest and most watched (covered by the news media) event during the year. Millions of dollars are made from this tournament. How can there be such a H-U-G-E gap in accommodations and the quality of food served? This is unacceptable under any circumstances.

If San Antonio (or any other location) that is being considered as a host can’t provide the same quality of accommodations and food service that the men get, it should not be on the list of the tournament’s potential sites. How hard is it to vet potential sites prior to awarding them a tournament? ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are 100% correct!! Why do the men get the best of everything, and the women are given substandard accommodations and food the kitchen help wouldn’t eat?

Someone didn’t do their due diligence. The March madness tournament is the biggest and most watched (covered by the news media) during the year. Millions of dollars are made from this tournament. How can there be such a H-U-G-E gap in accommodations and the quality of food served? This is unacceptable under any circumstances.

If San Antonio (or any other location) that is being considered as a host can’t provide the same quality of accommodations and food service that the men get, it should not be on the list of the tournament’s potential sites. How hard is it to vet potential sites prior to awarding them a tournament? ?
the kitchen help wouldn’t eat
Uh oh. Venturing into dangerous waters here by disparaging the "kitchen help." Are you suggesting that the "help" is generally not discerning and usually doesn't care what slop is offered them? They're just like Dickens' orphans who hold out their bowl and say, "More gruel, please." Tch, tch.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If they had chosen Las Vegas, they could have had the food service done by a hotel buffet, which 99.9% have better food then most college facilities. Many of the weight rooms would be like a private gym. All 64 teams and staff could have been housed in one or two of the closed hotels on the Strip.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Uh oh. Venturing into dangerous waters here by disparaging the "kitchen help." Are you suggesting that the "help" is generally not discerning and usually doesn't care what slop is offered them? They're just like Dickens' orphans who hold out their bowl and say, "More gruel, please." Tch, tch.
I had better chow while going through basic training at Fort Ord than it appears the women are getting in San Antonio. How can that be? ?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes!!!

Reaction Score
This only helps to convince me that the woman's side of the NCAA is run like a cottage industry compared to the men.

NCAA: "Weight training? Why females shouldn't lift more than 20 pounds, it will make them musclebound"

This is the sort of unprofessional nineteenth century thinking that is entrenched in Indianapolis. Someone in the media should ask to see where the NCAA execs are staying and ask what they ate for dinner last night. In their minds the athletes should be happy with chipped beef and gravy over rice with a fruit cup for desert. Pathetic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom