Disappointed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Disappointed

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The second half was about as dreadful as it gets. Gassed, fouls, out of bounds calls, nova slowed the game to a crawl. UConn was still within striking distance down the stretch despite everything seemingly going the other way. They need more games to find their game, but this season is what it is.

Second half was almost a repeat of Providence. Nova got up 5 and it felt like 25. And once Nova got the lead they put the ball in their playmakers hands and they made plays.

Reaction Score
Bouknight needs another year. Granted he is still getting his legs under him but it seems every other play he is getting nicked up. Needs some time in the weight room.
He got stripped a lot. Were the defenders superior or does he need to work on his ball handling skills?

Reaction Score
..... I’m getting sick of watching Hurley do nothing during these winnable games. That second half offense was abysmal and he just sat there and watched it. Plus letting Gillespie abuse us all game with that stupid bull rush back down.
The BE has many very good experienced coaches: Wright, McDermott, Anderson, Willard and Cooley.

At this point in his career Hurley is a good coach, but he cannot be classified with the aforementioned individuals.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He got stripped a lot. Were the defenders superior or does he need to work on his ball handling skills?

He needs to recognize the double so as to not dribble in to it and he needs to improve his left hand dribbling.

And needs to take some stunt guy classes to learn how to break his fall without locking his elbows and putting a the strain on his wrists.

Reaction Score
He realized he had to make plays and he started to force it into double and triple teams. He had no where to go.

He needs to recognize the double so as to not dribble in to it and he needs to improve his left hand dribbling.

And needs to take some stunt guy classes to learn how to break his fall without locking his elbows and putting a the strain on his wrists.
Wrist-Arm-elbow-shoulder, kind of connected so hard to break a fall because when one part hurts , the others do.

Maybe, wearing a protective device would help to cushion the blow or reduce the pain from landing. The trainers and physiotherapists would know this better than I.

An injured stunt guy would still feel pain and would not perform the stunt in the first place.

Not sure if pre-game steroid shots would help.

Totally agree on need to improve left hand dribbling and recognize the double.

Too bad Polley could not get free or take his man off the dribble.

Reaction Score
Boneyard is at it again. Killing Bouk. Yes he is NBA ready. Ridiculous to say he needs another year. Had 21 points and 10 boards today. He was trying to force it and split double teams to make something happen. They bottled him up and he forced it. Happened to Jalen Adams all the time. He also missed some runners he normally makes cause he had no legs. He was tired.

If Bouk passes out the double team then they will say he disappeared. Yes some media members said Bouk disappeared the last 10 minutes of the first half when it was great defense by Nova.

Reaction Score
The BE has many very good experienced coaches: Wright, McDermott, Anderson, Willard and Cooley.

At this point in his career Hurley is a good coach, but he cannot be classified with the aforementioned individuals.
When guys on the Boneyard recognize recurring mistakes he makes, it’s a problem.

Reaction Score
Most of Nova’s points are drives, backing their man down, layups and putbacks. Yes they made some 3’s at the end.

Reaction Score
I really hate starting Sanogo and Whaley together.
I do too, they are both good players but they just shouldn't be playing at the same time. They are both centers and Whaley is so much better when he gets to play center instead of pf. We have three elite athletic wing types in Bouk, Jackson, and Martin who need to all start.

Reaction Score
I do too, they are both good players but they just shouldn't be playing at the same time. They are both centers and Whaley is so much better when he gets to play center instead of pf. We have three elite athletic wing types in Bouk, Jackson, and Martin who need to all start.
I agree as well. I think this experiment needs to be over. Whaley has become a MAJOR liability on the offensive end at the 4 spot. He's completely lost and now can't make anything over a layup. They are ineffective together. I think we can get away on defense and rebounding with Jackson and Martin in there w Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Boneyard is at it again. Killing Bouk. Yes he is NBA ready. Ridiculous to say he needs another year. Had 21 points and 10 boards today. He was trying to force it and split double teams to make something happen. They bottled him up and he forced it. Happened to Jalen Adams all the time. He also missed some runners he normally makes cause he had no legs. He was tired.

If Bouk passes out the double team then they will say he disappeared. Yes some media members said Bouk disappeared the last 10 minutes of the first half when it was great defense by Nova.
Bouknight is a terrific player- it's amazing he can put up 20 points with no supporting cast. UConn lacks consistent scorers. Today's box score only had one other player in double figures- Cole with 10. Villanova had 4 players in double figures
Hurley will need to develop the team with next year's strong class and Bouknight off to NBA

Reaction Score
100%, and this lineup would also force them to play faster, which is when they’re at their best.

I like the way Hurley is building this program, truly. But he makes some head scratching lineup and in-game coaching decisions.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Agree. I’m getting sick of watching Hurley do nothing during these winnable games. That second half offense was abysmal and he just sat there and watched it. Plus letting Gillespie abuse us all game with that stupid bull rush back down.
He's the only guard in college I l have ever seen that consistently got away with dropping his shoulder and just charged all game because the ref would not call it. He didn't do that last game. I don't blame him if the refs weren't calling it. Smart player who is a good leader on the floor. I'll remember him as detestable but worthy opponent like Siva and Krauser.

Reaction Score
Whaley-Sanogo is Cole-Gaffney redux. Took a bit for Hurley to move away from that also...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This should tell you something about yourself.
If you are going to start calling out all the irrational hatred on the BY, you are going to be a very busy man.

Reaction Score
The second half was about as dreadful as it gets. Gassed, fouls, out of bounds calls, nova slowed the game to a crawl. UConn was still within striking distance down the stretch despite everything seemingly going the other way. They need more games to find their game, but this season is what it is.
Again, credit to Jay Wright. All that was by design.

Reaction Score
Good coaches find ways to help their team win when they are not at their best. Hurley has no idea how to do that. There was no attempt to adjust to Bouk being collapsed on by three guys. Polley was open consistently in the corner with a simple kick out but Hurley never green lighted that. Our big men where out of position most of the day when they were bigger, and there was no low post work from the corner in. Late in the game there was some feeble attempts to feed the high post from the top, which made no sense because of the collapsing zone. Nothing was done to stretch the floor from side to side to create interior space. It was a total crap show that reminded me of the KO offense. There was no attempt to push the ball and penetrate before the D set up and Nova had plenty of misses.

The thing that always worried me was the URI turd during the tournament a few years back, which exposed Hurley’s deer in the headlights coaching. I chalked it up to just a bad day, but this is a repeating theme here. He obviously knows the game inside and out, he just seems to have tunnel vision and no feel for what to do in real time.

Reaction Score
Good coaches find ways to help their team win when they are not at their best. Hurley has no idea how to do that. There was no attempt to adjust to Bouk being collapsed on by three guys. Polley was open consistently in the corner with a simple kick out but Hurley never green lighted that. Our big men where out of position most of the day when they were bigger, and there was no low post work from the corner in. Late in the game there was some feeble attempts to feed the high post from the top, which made no sense because of the collapsing zone. Nothing was done to stretch the floor from side to side to create interior space. It was a total crap show that reminded me of the KO offense. There was no attempt to push the ball and penetrate before the D set up and Nova had plenty of misses.

The thing that always worried me was the URI turd during the tournament a few years back, which exposed Hurley’s deer in the headlights coaching. I chalked it up to just a bad day, but this is a repeating theme here. He obviously knows the game inside and out, he just seems to have tunnel vision and no feel for what to do in real time.
Do you think you're a better coach than Hurley?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom