Dis anyone see the Bouknight technica | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dis anyone see the Bouknight technica

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
These refs have been trash all year, in almost every game I've watched, across most conferences. They are reffing scared and unsure due to the replays, and coaches seem to have a newfound ability to debate calls more than they ever have. GET RID OF GOING TO THE MONITOR!

We didn't lose last night because of refs though...once again it was turnovers and free throws.

Reaction Score
One of the worst things in sports are referees that crave top billing. Unfortunately for us, we got 3 of them last night. How they are judged, graded and held accountable needs to be more transparent.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Our starting pg can’t go 1-7 and we blame the refs for losing. That doesn’t make sense.

Reaction Score
I don't know what, But something happened. Vital wasn't pushing Bouknight away from saying nothing. I wouldn't doubt if the refs were told to call it tight after the Kansas-Kansas St game.
Weak ass call. So he chirped a bit and lightly clapped his hands. We’re not in religion class. Dumb call. And on the flipside Jarreau with his booty shorts said something under his breath to Hurley - Hurley pointed out And jarreau got teed too- I thought that was BS too. But before when he was blatantly clapping in one of our guys faces - nothing happened. Awful refs. Still Would’ve found a way to lose but awful awful refs

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How pissed would we be if another coach told the ref “hey he said something to me!” And our guy got a T like Hurley did?
Uh I think the phrase "quit being such a little beotch" might have come to mind. That said, it gave us another shot to win the game, so ...

Reaction Score
Good teams don't even give the refs the chance to make that call.
Bouknight doesn’t strike me as the guy to be like that- now if it was Vital you were talking about -?different story. And they still never showed what bouk did. After watching that game last night we’re going to trust the refs to make that call ? yeah OK. And good teams don’t do any posturing at all ? yeah OK

Reaction Score
Houston player clapped aggressively directly in Gaffney's face, UConn bench gets a tech. Bouknight lightly clapping and walking away from Houston players is a game losing technical somehow
To me it looked like Bouk and the Cougar were joking with each other as they walked toward the UConn side for FTs, Bouk peeled away to wait at half court and the Houston guy kept jabbering more and more as he lined up for the FT. As he finishes still jabbering, 20-30ft from Bouk, the double tech is called. To me it seemed like that Houston guy got more and more vicious with whatever he was saying that by the end of it the ref there felt a call had to be made, but Bouk is 25 feet away at this point and hasn't said a word in 12 seconds.

This play and Bouk's 4th foul should've been somehow officially complained about. I'm so sick of seeing this ridiculous calls and these guys just go on with their lives. If I did my job as poorly as they did for one day, I'd be rightfully fired. Where is the standard?

Reaction Score
To me it looked like Bouk and the Cougar were joking with each other as they walked toward the UConn side for FTs, Bouk peeled away to wait at half court and the Houston guy kept jabbering more and more as he lined up for the FT. As he finishes still jabbering, 20-30ft from Bouk, the double tech is called. To me it seemed like that Houston guy got more and more vicious with whatever he was saying that by the end of it the ref there felt a call had to be made, but Bouk is 25 feet away at this point and hasn't said a word in 12 seconds.

Bouk pretty clearly instigates it. He's moving and clapping and turns to Gresham while clapping, makes direct eye contact with Gresham, then says something. Then Gresham chips back and Bouk walks away (and Vital moves him away). Gresham keeps talking, and the ref calls double technical.

We don't know what was said, but the cameras did previously catch the refs warning both teams. That's key. It's not worth a tech normally, but if the refs warned the players, especially about taunting & clapping, and then Bouk claps and taunts, he's earned that tech even if he walks away after.

Reaction Score
What happened?
The immaturity of Bouk cost us the game. Our offense is so much better with him in it. He had 4 fouls. Just walk away, unless you want to sit on the bench. Bet Hurley's pissed. And we have Kansas and Kansas St to thank for that. Refs will be trying to squash the trash talking to avoid the melee that occurred the other night.

Reaction Score
Stop blaming the refs. They were fine. Both teams and one of the coaches (ours) were behaving like idiots, which makes it a tough game to officiate. Bouk can not get a T, especially when he already has 4 fouls. Hurley is out of control, and he sets the tone for everyone else.
No they weren’t
A look at the foul totals and T’s makes this beyond ridiculous.
Carlton got 3 quick ones and got to play 12 minutes
Bouknight, Wilson, and Vital all fouled out
Adams and Whaley had 4 each.
That not acceptable officiating on any level.
That’s officials imposing themselves on the game

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No they weren’t
A look at the foul totals and T’s makes this beyond ridiculous.
Carlton got 3 quick ones and got to play 12 minutes
Bouknight, Wilson, and Vital all fouled out
Adams and Whaley had 4 each.
That not acceptable officiating on any level.
That’s officials imposing themselves on the game
So many touch fouls and screens but Vital getting hit on every drive no calls. The number of fouls is one thing but what they determined to call was insane.

And they called a CARRY on Al. Is this 6th grade travel?

Reaction Score
So many touch fouls and screens but Vital getting hit on every drive no calls. The number of fouls is one thing but what they determined to call was insane.

And they called a CARRY on Al. Is this 6th grade travel?
I was just trying to make a Prima Facie case for poor officiating without the use of anything subjective.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I watched him get Technical at USF this year. Same type of thing - he was bitching at the ref at the game - guy in front of me, close to the UCONN bench yells some BS out, the ref turned around to Hurley and Teed him up. Hurley was asking the refs for about 10 minutes after what he said to get the technical. I told the guy in front off me I’m pretty sure u just gave Hurley that tech- Sh!tty refs sometimes

Reaction Score
The ref saw the whole thing though.
Yeah but I bet he didn't hear it though. Hurley did a great job in 'tattling'.

If I was the player I would have told the ref that all I said was "you're playing a great game". But he wasn't smart enough (hence his dumb move).

Also that had to be one of the most ballsy techs I've ever seen called. Sure it probably was deserving, but if they would have lost, that would have been historic and certainly nationally televised replays and newsworthy.

Sampson wanted to murder that player. Also shows why coaching ain't easy.

Reaction Score
Yeah but I bet he didn't hear it though. Hurley did a great job in 'tattling'.

If I was the player I would have told the ref that all I said was "you're playing a great game". But he wasn't smart enough (hence his dumb move).

Also that had to be one of the most ballsy techs I've ever seen called. Sure it probably was deserving, but if they would have lost, that would have been historic and certainly nationally televised replays and newsworthy.

Sampson wanted to murder that player. Also shows why coaching ain't easy.

It was a crazy tech, but he almost had to call it.

Hurley's earlier tech for complaining about taunting was made glaringly worse when Bouk got that tech from 50-feet away. I'm sure the refs told both teams, "One more incident and you get a tech."

At that point, the ref had to call it. You could tell the huge difference in our offense after Bouk went out.

Last night's game was not enjoyable for me. Hard to invest in these games, and I'm not talking about the losing. I actually believe UConn got more than its share of calls last night. But some of the calls were absolutely nuts. For instance, Vital coming in from out of bounds. You need two feet in to reset. He took 6 and was almost to the free throw line before he caught the ball.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to get away from these AAc refs. That was a total sh$$t show they displayed in that game. They practically handed that game to Houston. the blatant clapping in the face of Gaffney and nothing called. Don't let the door hit you in the $ worthless AAC refs.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Stop blaming the refs. They were fine. Both teams and one of the coaches (ours) were behaving like idiots, which makes it a tough game to officiate. Bouk can not get a T, especially when he already has 4 fouls. Hurley is out of control, and he sets the tone for everyone else.

What game did you watch?

The officials were terrible and some calls were bad for high school hoops.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I watched him get Technical at USF this year. Same type of thing - he was bitching at the ref at the game - guy in front of me, close to the UCONN bench yells some BS out, the ref turned around to Hurley and Teed him up. Hurley was asking the refs for about 10 minutes after what he said to get the technical. I told the guy in front off me I’m pretty sure u just gave Hurley that tech- Sh!tty refs sometimes
I was at the USF game courtside in the opposite corner from UConn bench. The ref that t'd up Danny came over to that side with a smile on his face, he enjoyed his moment

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom