Dis anyone see the Bouknight technica | The Boneyard

Dis anyone see the Bouknight technica

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
It looked like he clapped. Not sure if something was said to go along with that.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Literally nothing happened. Some Houston player was yapping at Bouk and Bouk said maybe one or two words back and clapped and they called a double tech. They also called a totally phantom 4th(?)foul on Bouk where the offensive player clearly pushed off.

Reaction Score
Literally nothing happened. Some Houston player was yapping at Bouk and Bouk said maybe one or two words back and clapped and they called a double tech. They also called a totally phantom 4th(?)foul on Bouk where the offensive player clearly pushed off.
This. The 4th foul was an awful call. One among many but really agregious.

Reaction Score
Didn't a Houston player clap in Gaffney's face and Hurley got a tech?
Houston player clapped aggressively directly in Gaffney's face, UConn bench gets a tech. Bouknight lightly clapping and walking away from Houston players is a game losing technical somehow

Reaction Score
How pissed would we be if another coach told the ref “hey he said something to me!” And our guy got a T like Hurley did?

Pretty pissed. The refs were beyond awful. They missed calls all night long, made phantom calls, were completely inconsistent, seemingly felt a need to keep the foul count “even” by calling a flurry of touch fouls against whatever team had less fouls at a given moment, and had no working concept of what is and is not a technical foul.

Reaction Score
I kno we say this all the time about the refs but that was one of worst officiated games I’ve seen in quite some time. Still don’t know what bouk did to get that tech.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was T'd up for sarcastic clapping. That was one chapter in a long running feud between JC and the ref if I recall.

As someone earlier noted, the KU - KSU incident was probably top of mind today.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Stop blaming the refs. They were fine. Both teams and one of the coaches (ours) were behaving like idiots, which makes it a tough game to officiate. Bouk can not get a T, especially when he already has 4 fouls. Hurley is out of control, and he sets the tone for everyone else.

Reaction Score
I kno we say this all the time about the refs but that was one of worst officiated games I’ve seen in quite some time. Still don’t know what bouk did to get that tech.
Let alone that fourth foul was a phantom call! Total BS!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Stop blaming the refs. They were fine. Both teams and one of the coaches (ours) were behaving like idiots, which makes it a tough game to officiate. Bouk can not get a T, especially when he already has 4 fouls. Hurley is out of control, and he sets the tone for everyone else.
You watched that game and thought they were fine?? I STRONGLY disagree. The technicals were terrible. The bigger issue is blowing the whistle every time down the floor. Game had no flow because of it. These refs need to let these guys play a little...when they don't iti kills the game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You watched that game and thought they were fine?? I STRONGLY disagree. The technicals were terrible. The bigger issue is blowing the whistle every time down the floor. Game had no flow because of it. These refs need to let these guys play a little...when they don't iti kills the game.

Houston games are not going to have any flow to them. That is Houston's flow. The two choices for the refs are let Houston beat the crap out of UConn's players, or call it tight and turn it into a free throw/attrition contest. It was an ugly game, and I didn't agree with a lot of the officials calls, but it doesn't mean they were bad refs. A lot of the calls were just judgment calls. That is basketball.

We can't get 2 T's, and one of our best players can't foul out on a technical for taunting.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Houston games are not going to have any flow to them. That is Houston's flow. The two choices for the refs are let Houston beat the crap out of UConn's players, or call it tight and turn it into a free throw/attrition contest. It was an ugly game, and I didn't agree with a lot of the officials calls, but it doesn't mean they were bad refs. A lot of the calls were just judgment calls. That is basketball.

We can't get 2 T's, and one of our best players can't foul out on a technical for taunting.
Oh...not to mention. After the 5 second call, Sampson called timeout. Which means Carlton SHOULD have been able to be subbed back in. Refs blew it again.

Yes Houston is physical, but they were calling some very minor minor fouls and letting other plays go that were obvious fouls. I'm not saying the refs are why we lost, I just think the refs have been consistently abysmal in conference play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom