Dimon Carrigan | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dimon Carrigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
why are people, in my opinion, wasting their time talking about this guy. if he went to uconn and began to play for us he would probably be ineligible due to grades on January. he should go over seas and play.

Reaction Score
why are people, in my opinion, wasting their time talking about this guy. if he went to uconn and began to play for us he would probably be ineligible due to grades on January. he should go over seas and play.
1. He would be a good player and a great defensive stopper.
2. Don’t assume the kid will fail out, gotta give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance.

pj

Reaction Score
Nobody fails out of college basketball. The colleges have refined "everybody passes" down to a science. Years ago players would fail, but that was before summer and intersession classes for athletes. If a player is dumb, he fails because he cannot learn basketball, not because he fails classes.

Usually, the problem kids are the ones who commit crimes.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
This guy is a kid for 1 a more than good enough player for 2 and 3 he seems like he would be able to fit in anywhere as long as he doesn't smell bull on the coaching staff's breath

Reaction Score
Apparently he's still only visited UMass, Houston, and UCONN. Is he really going to choose a school (in 6 days), where he's never stepped on campus?

Reaction Score
Apparently he's still only visited UMass, Houston, and UCONN. Is he really going to choose a school (in 6 days), where he's never stepped on campus?
It happens. Pretty sure Alterique Gilbert and Kwintin Williams did it too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
why are people, in my opinion, wasting their time talking about this guy. if he went to uconn and began to play for us he would probably be ineligible due to grades on January. he should go over seas and play
I sense a lack of self-awareness here.

or he is just a .

Reaction Score
But DeAndre had already used all 5 of his official visits, thus he wasn't able to visit UCONN.
Well he could have, but it would have been an out of pocket expense.

Reaction Score
he is not a game changer at either end..save any available scholarship for 2019 recruit...

Reaction Score
Nobody fails out of college basketball. The colleges have refined "everybody passes" down to a science. Years ago players would fail, but that was before summer and intersession classes for athletes. If a player is dumb, he fails because he cannot learn basketball, not because he fails classes.

Usually, the problem kids are the ones who commit crimes.

He may pass but he could bring a big hit to our APR...unless we have figured out how to fudge the numbers on that as well. I'm not saying don't go after him, just bringing up an alternative point.

Reactions: pj

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Sampson has brought JUCOs from the Boston area in before. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there if there’s an actual commitment.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sampson has brought JUCOs from the Boston area in before. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there if there’s an actual commitment.

I agree - especially given that he's now at a Texas junior college, Houston would seem like the pick.

I get the feeling that this kid will make a few commitments before he actually lands on campus in 2019.

Reaction Score
I agree - especially given that he's now at a Texas junior college, Houston would seem like the pick.

I get the feeling that this kid will make a few commitments before he actually lands on campus in 2019.

There's a joke to be made here with "a Texas junior college" and "Houston" used in the same sentence.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Gilbert visited. But I remember DeAndre Daniels didn't before he committed to UConn.
I had Akinjo in my mind but write Gilbert.

I might be wrong about both, but it does happen. Thanks for the correction.

Reaction Score

Just posted to his IG story

You may be on to something

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sometimes these kids just want to be recruited.

This kid hasn’t really been pursued too hard because of academics and he sees the rest of the world getting attention...he’s a kid, I get it.

His best bet is to just chill out and make sure he gets the associates degree - if he does that, basketball will take care of itself and he’ll have all the attention he can handle later on.

Reaction Score
Sometimes these kids just want to be recruited.

This kid hasn’t really been pursued too hard because of academics and he sees the rest of the world getting attention...he’s a kid, I get it.

His best bet is to just chill out and make sure he gets the associates degree - if he does that, basketball will take care of itself and he’ll have all the attention he can handle later on.
Wow a level headed take on a recruit on the boneyard... this is rare boys like it while you can you won’t see a lot of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom