2020 Recruiting: - Dimencio Vaughn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Dimencio Vaughn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lock up Vaughn. Checks all the need boxes(Size at guard, toughness, shooting) and only takes up a scholly for one year.
I agree. Splitting hairs real quick though, assuming this is a CV replacement type player, Nolley and CV both made 60+ 3's last year (each took over 190 3's), Vaughn only made 35 while attempting 89. I wouldn't peg him as a true SG. That being said, I think he fits our roster pretty well.

pj

Reaction Score
Vaughn is a grad transfer, Nolley needs the NCAA to implement the free transfer rule or he has to sit out. Perhaps Nolley is plan A if the free transfer takes effect, if not then maybe Nolley stays at VTech and Vaughn is the backup plan?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Checks all of the needs. He’s from NYC and being close to home will help
That would make 5 kids from NYC on our roster. Bouk, Springs, Sid, Vaughn and Cole(Newark is basically NYC right?).

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Vaughn is a grad transfer, Nolley needs the NCAA to implement the free transfer rule or he has to sit out. Perhaps Nolley is plan A if the free transfer takes effect, if not then maybe Nolley stays at VTech and Vaughn is the backup plan?

The recruiting game is not straight forward....

Reaction Score
We're the best program on that list and it's not even close.

Would he rather get a chance of more PT on a weak team in the SEC with little to no chance playing in the dance or play on a better team in the Big East where he can play in the Garden and have a better chance to play in the dance?

To me, it's an easy choice.

I'm not an insider, but I'm confident we get Vaughn.

Reaction Score

I have to think any kid who has announced he's transferring is gone regardless.

Reaction Score
All sounds good in theory but I can't imagine any kid is waiting until June to decide so we can wait and see if we can get someone better

Reaction Score
I’ll begin by saying I want the kid. 6’5 and 220 pounds. Shot 39% from 3.

HOWEVER, if we get him, and say Nolley + Sanogo both want to come here...then what? Only 1 open scholarship.

Reaction Score
I’ll begin by saying I want the kid. 6’5 and 220 pounds. Shot 39% from 3.

HOWEVER, if we get him, and say Nolley + Sanogo both want to come here...then what? Only 1 open scholarship.

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

hopefully we get nolley too but as far as sonogo is concerned, dont think our odds are good enough at this point to justify passing on vaughn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

maybe we get nolley too but as far as sonogo is concerned, i dont like our odds enough to justify passing on vaughn

I'm glad I don't have to make this decision, tough one. Would this guy start? If not and if Hurley feels we are strong with Nolley and/or Sanogo, I would probably roll the dice on the multiple year starter over the one year substitute. I don't feel we have any glaring holes in the current roster and as such we're in a position to be a little choosy. If we passed on Vaughn and missed on everyone else, we're still in pretty good shape next year.

Reaction Score
Big pass, think we can do better.
I think you’re pretty low on him. Good size/build, career 52% 2PT and 35% 3P, good defensive rebounder (17-18% range which is like Vital’s), and best +/- on his team by a mile. Looks like an improvement to Adams and Wilson at minimum and I’d say he has a solid chance at being better than a freshman Jackson. I think turning him away would be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom