DiMauro: Ollie did enough wrong to warrant his firing by UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

DiMauro: Ollie did enough wrong to warrant his firing by UConn

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
See. there you did it again. You said "these" implying I think all of them are serious. The first two just show he doesn't care about the rules.

Yeah that phone call that Glen Miller heard about maybe happening is a pattern!

Have some self-respect - this is silly.

Reaction Score
Let’s go to public record not covered by gag order. He still owes his ex about $2 million. That’s a high hurdle when your assets have already been split and you no longer make $3 million + per year. Some of the $2 million is Alimony and other parts of it are one time payments, which may be harder to modify?
Could it get even uglier for KO? Due to the gag order I won’t volunteer anything but you have seen an ample sample of his judgement on various matters. Need I say more?

In fairness, I have been early to criticize Miller's heresy gossip, which the New London Day gives a standing to way better than Miller deserves.
I love the idea a few have that UConn has gone nuclear on Ollie and are trying to destroy him. It's incredibly simple, there was a zero tolerance policy coming off of what UConn previously had to deal with and Ollie broke rules and lied about it. If they really wanted to destroy him they would, there is certainly a ton of stuff to choose from.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wonder which option is most preferable for the fanbase:

Option #1: Benedict and Herbst don’t have to face any negative consequences for their supervision of Ollie and renegotiating of his contract / buyout is either nullified or the settlement is much reduced.

Option #2: Benedict and Herbst are held responsible for everything (complete with Whaler putting Benedict into a cannon and firing him into the sun) / the university is on the hook for all $10M.

How many besides Whaler harbor enough venom towards those two that they’d create an 8-digit hole for the AD if it meant their downfall?

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Option #1: Benedict and Herbst don’t have to face any negative consequences for their supervision of Ollie and renegotiating of his contract / buyout is either nullified or the settlement is much reduced.

Option #2: Benedict and Herbst are held responsible for everything (complete with Whaler putting Benedict into a cannon and firing him into the sun) / the university is on the hook for all $10M.

How many besides Whaler harbor enough venom towards those two that they’d create an 8-digit hole for the AD if it meant their downfall?
I’d like a combination where get a much reduced settlement but we go with the cannon thing in number 2 and we charge admission to cover the settlement.

Reaction Score
Wait, a late entry:

Option #3: Benedict and Herbst don’t have to face any negative consequences for their supervision of Ollie and renegotiating of his contract / settlement of a few $M. In response, whaler puts himself into a cannon and blasts toward the sun.

C

Chief00

Lazy math he grossed $50 million between NBA and UConn.

Here is the thing:

I heard he committed hgh crimes and we got a workout in Atlanta.

I heard he had all sorts of personal issues he would never allow to come to light - but he hasn’t backed down (I’m also here and know women he dated post-divorce... to put it bluntly I’ve heard way more interesting things about other coaches on the payroll).

You’ve been hinting at him being broke for a while - but you are a proven liar and you are telling us Miller acted alone.

It’s pretty much the plot of the Boy Who Cried Wolf around here.

Chief never said he was currently broke.
So you are including the $10 million UConn “owes” KO in your lazy math? Look at his divorce decree split of assets.

Just curious, are you a HS teacher or college professor?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Stain is tremendous.

He’s another one who loves to play his insider card with nothing but his appeal to authority.

He’s pinned both the Diaco and Ollie contracts as 100% Benedict’s fault... but wants to call me out for wanting to hold him accountable.

So his inside take is everything is Benedict’s fault and not Manuel’s but he shouldn’t be held responsible for anything because that would harm the school.

I guess it’s refreshing to see someone who is honest enough to admit the administration is inept but they must be protected.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait, a late entry:

Option #3: Benedict and Herbst don’t have to face any negative consequences for their supervision of Ollie and renegotiating of his contract / settlement of a few $M. In response, whaler puts himself into a cannon and blasts toward the sun.

Let me translate: A guy who can’t post anything coherent wants to take a swipe at Whaler because Whaler has the nerve to hold leadership accountable for the mess they have made.

Here is some inside info: This incoherent poster wasn’t shy about asking Whaler about potential employment opportunities.

Probably for the best that didn’t come to fruition... clearly we have a different opinion of how employees should be held responsible.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love the idea a few have that UConn has gone nuclear on Ollie and are trying to destroy him. It's incredibly simple, there was a zero tolerance policy coming off of what UConn previously had to deal with and Ollie broke rules and lied about it. If they really wanted to destroy him they would, there is certainly a ton of stuff to choose from.

Post it.

Your shot for redemption.

You’ve hinted at your deep inside info for years.

Your history is that you are a complete fraud. @shizzle787

Lay it out for us or shut up about it.

Reaction Score
Follow-up DiMauro article where he talks to a D1 Asst AD friend about the reported violations:

Based on the evidence we've learned, Ollie's dismissal was warranted

>>"The violation involving the trainer and the expenses to travel to Atlanta is a serious one," my friend said. "I would fire a coach for that. Saint Mary's went on probation for five years for the same thing a few years ago." Per the NCAA report, St. Mary's coach Randy Bennett "knew of impermissible offseason workouts by Saint Mary's players conducted by outside basketball trainers and conditioning coaches."<<
Wonderful. Thanks a lot
KO.

Reaction Score
Let me translate: A guy who can’t post anything coherent wants to take a swipe at Whaler because Whaler has the nerve to hold leadership accountable for the mess they have made.

Here is some inside info: This incoherent poster wasn’t shy about asking Whaler about potential employment opportunities.

Probably for the best that didn’t come to fruition... clearly we have a different opinion of how employees should be held responsible.

How many posters do we think will eventually speak in the third person?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stain is tremendous.

He’s another one who loves to play his insider card with nothing but his appeal to authority.

He’s pinned both the Diaco and Ollie contracts as 100% Benedict’s fault... but wants to call me out for wanting to hold him accountable.

So his inside take is everything is Benedict’s fault and not Manuel’s but he shouldn’t be held responsible for anything because that would harm the school.

I guess it’s refreshing to see someone who is honest enough to admit the administration is inept but they must be protected.

My insider information is based on solid connections, and I always reveal to people — including you! — specifically how I know what I know over PM whenever I am asked.

Your version of “holding them accountable” includes crippling the MBB program and the department as a whole. Gee, I wonder why a UConn fan wouldn’t want that!

Herbst is moving on. Benedict has had a foot out the door ever since he got here; it’s a matter of time before he jumps for a low-level P5 job. They’ll probably never have their witch trial, but you know what? Life isn’t fair. Get used to it.

Reaction Score
How many posters do we think will eventually speak in the third person?

...and Chief actually used the word "I" three times!! WTH?

Let’s go to public record not covered by gag order. He still owes his ex about $2 million. That’s a high hurdle when your assets have already been split and you no longer make $3 million + per year. Some of the $2 million is Alimony and other parts of it are one time payments, which may be harder to modify?
Could it get even uglier for KO? Due to the gag order I won’t volunteer anything but you have seen an ample sample of his judgement on various matters. Need I say more?

In fairness, I have been early to criticize Miller's heresy gossip, which the New London Day gives a standing to way better than Miller deserves.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-27_8-30-30.png
    upload_2018-6-27_8-30-30.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 40

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Lazy math he grossed $50 million between NBA and UConn.

Here is the thing:

I heard he committed hgh crimes and we got a workout in Atlanta.

I heard he had all sorts of personal issues he would never allow to come to light - but he hasn’t backed down (I’m also here and know women he dated post-divorce... to put it bluntly I’ve heard way more interesting things about other coaches on the payroll).

You’ve been hinting at him being broke for a while - but you are a proven liar and you are telling us Miller acted alone.

It’s pretty much the plot of the Boy Who Cried Wolf around here.

Please continue to ignore the actual pertinent quote in the article:

"The violation involving the trainer and the expenses to travel to Atlanta is a serious one," my friend said. "I would fire a coach for that. Saint Mary's went on probation for five years for the same thing a few years ago."

My emphasis - this is a fireable offense, even without the very strong language in the contract at hand. Put those 2 together, and this isn't really all that grey. You guys trying to claim some moral high ground here are getting increasingly annoying and wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ollie's defenders sit in three camps: 1) Toadies in the national media who talk out of their tailpipes, but manage to act as though they know one more fact than the rest of us about this case; 2) Casual fans who like conspiracy theories because they're easier to process than arcane NCAA rules; and 3) his lawyer, Parenteau, who appears to be quite good at grandstanding.

Lol, ouch, I guess DeMauro must read the BY.

Reaction Score
Follow-up DiMauro article where he talks to a D1 Asst AD friend about the reported violations:

Based on the evidence we've learned, Ollie's dismissal was warranted

>>"The violation involving the trainer and the expenses to travel to Atlanta is a serious one," my friend said. "I would fire a coach for that. Saint Mary's went on probation for five years for the same thing a few years ago." Per the NCAA report, St. Mary's coach Randy Bennett "knew of impermissible offseason workouts by Saint Mary's players conducted by outside basketball trainers and conditioning coaches."<<
Can’t be. Barstool sports said it was nothing. So did August West.

C

Chief00

Ollie's defenders sit in three camps: 1) Toadies in the national media who talk out of their tailpipes, but manage to act as though they know one more fact than the rest of us about this case; 2) Casual fans who like conspiracy theories because they're easier to process than arcane NCAA rules; and 3) his lawyer, Parenteau, who appears to be quite good at grandstanding.

Lol, ouch, I guess DeMauro must read the BY.

I noticed that too. Definitely, the BY has influence.

Reaction Score
IMO, Parenteau is either the most disingenuous person alive or more obtuse than Warden Norton. His comments are so detached from reality that I am beginning to wonder if he is Whaler11.

Reaction Score
Hilarious, Whaler can't help himself from responding to me. Another 2am meltdown. This guy has literally been wrong about everything basketball related in the past year, so it shouldn't be surprising he's wrong on this. He laughed at the idea of UConn being able to hire Hurley. Then the guy bashed Hurley the entire last month and a half of the season and constantly made fun of people for being excited about the prospects of getting in his words, "the second best coach in the state of Rhode Island." I told him Hurley would be our coach like 8 months ago, and he constantly said Ollie would be our coach this upcoming season even saying he would be our coach 2 days before Hurley was hired.

As for the bet, I offered to put up money before the election and was never taken up on it. Tom told me and the whole board that monetary bets aren't allowed on this site and to not talk about it any further, yet you still constantly bring it up. I could care less this is your go to but you should probably respect the wishes of the guy who runs the board. I already told you but I will reiterate, I would really prefer you not addressing me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom