Differences for attendance to Women's Team vs. Men's Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Differences for attendance to Women's Team vs. Men's Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank you for the contributions to this discussion!
I agree with many of your answers.
Remembering that sport is not always the kind of thing where logic holds.
Feel free to add more ideas at any time!

Some of you pointed one thing that also was in my mind:
Would you stop attending the Men's games if they started to get results like Women's team?
Hi Gabriela,

Great article choice.

I'll only response to this question. Having experienced the dream season as a student, I would suggest that, if we improved exponentially, attendance would rise. The fact that men's basketball games are higher attended is surprising in light of the success of the woman's success and scheduling(i.e. The best programs in the country). If men's basketball returned to greater seasonal success and had the scheduling of the old big east days, sell outs would be the norm is my guess. Check out the yearly attendance pre-AAC and post. I'm willing to bet there has been a meaningful drop off in attendance for the men's games

Reaction Score
Thank you for the contributions to this discussion!
I agree with many of your answers.
Remembering that sport is not always the kind of thing where logic holds.
Feel free to add more ideas at any time!

Some of you pointed one thing that also was in my mind:
Would you stop attending the Men's games if they started to get results like Women's team?
Great question. I think the answer would be that you would see an increase in men's attendance if they dominated like the women.

Reaction Score
Great question. I think the answer would be that you would see an increase in men's attendance if they dominated like the women.

It will never happen, won't happen with any men's team not only UConn. And I'm not sure about that anyway with our spoiled base, they may sell out based on people buying the tickets jus because, but most won't go half the time because of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom