Differences Between the Men's BB Board and the Women's BB Board | The Boneyard

Differences Between the Men's BB Board and the Women's BB Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the first time ever, I looked at the Women's Board.

My takes were:

1. The posters seem to be very analytical about the players' performances, but without sarcasm or showing frustration at perceived disappointing failure to meet expectations.

2. The posts are not as humorous or biting, however you prefer to put it.

3. Not sure if the posters are mostly of the other gender or not.

4. No Stephen A. or Max, type of back and forth about the players from the posters. No subtle digs or clever repartee between the posters.

5. Did not see any posting about cooking modalities like gas vs. electric vs. induction, or about frustration about the scheduling uncertainties, or other very interesting topic appearing on the BY regularly.

Just my initial take. Have only looked at a few of their pages. This is what isolation does to me. Out for a walk and some preliminary stretches now.

What are your thoughts?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The women's board has better fundamentals and is more like old-time posting. There is more sharing of the discussion and less hero posting or one-on-one attacks.

The men's board is more about isolation and exploiting individual match-ups.

THC

Reaction Score
On average, about 1000 ng/dL of testosterone between the males that post on the men's vs women's forums.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
So I’m other words, boring.
Among the greatest Freudian slips/typos I've seen in over 15 years here.
10930.jpg

Reaction Score
As far as point #1 goes, the posters never really have to worry about losing until maybe the Final Four or well into the NCAA tournament so it’s all about the nuances of how they perform. If our women’s team wins by less than 20 then there are issues. The “real” season for them doesn’t start until there are about 8 teams left in the tournament. There is no significant chance of losing before that save for maybe 1 out of conference road game per year. Not their fault either.....other programs need to get better

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The women are winning. Posts will be more positive on their board because of that simple fact.

I've watched women's games a little more intently this years, because... well, because they are playing games while we are wondering when we'll play again, and who we might play. One of their new players -- Mir McKlean impressed me with her rebounding tenacity in the first game. Last night, I realized who her game reminds me of. I thought of posting it on the women's board, but realized that approximately 99.73 percent of them would have no idea what/who I was talking about. She's a female Johnny Selvie.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
In general, not for every poster, of course.

1. Women's fans take losing much, much better.
2. Women's fans tend to have a much broader perspective on their program - men's fans seem to live or die by the last game and the next game.
3. Women's fans are less intense about everything involving UConn basketball in general.
4. Women's fans are much more collegial and tend to interact without excess acrimony.
5. Allowable subject matter and discord appears to be narrower on the Women's board.
6. Fewer multi-handle personalities over there.

Reaction Score

My takes were:

1. The posters seem to be very analytical about the players' performances, but without sarcasm or showing frustration at perceived disappointing failure to meet expectations.

4. No Stephen A. or Max, type of back and forth about the players from the posters. No subtle digs or clever repartee between the posters.

5. Did not see any posting about cooking modalities like gas vs. electric vs. induction, or about frustration about the scheduling uncertainties, or other very interesting topic appearing on the BY regularly.

Just my initial take. Have only looked at a few of their pages. This is what isolation does to me. Out for a walk and some preliminary stretches now.

What are your thoughts?
They use to have pretty good trivia thread on the women’s board that I participated in occasionally.
Also since that board is among the best women’s sports forum’s around it probably has a higher percentage of non UConn fan’s than the men’s board. So you have to tone your dislike of other programs ( except ND)
Women’s sports other than BB also play a bigger role.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Went there to find some Bueckers highlights and the thread was discussing how women don't "sweat", they "glow" or "perspire". Surely satirical, right? Further browsing proved that thesis wrong and ensured my future visits there will be few and far between.

Reaction Score
The real question is, can the women's board beat the men's board? It's a totally different kind of posting.....maybe in a down year for the men's board. It's hard to say.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Give it time. When Geno retires one day they too will be forced back into reality. Idk how they will handle losing multiple games in a season but it will happen eventually and watching the fans freak out will be pretty entertaining.

Reaction Score
The real question is, can the women's board beat the men's board? It's a totally different kind of posting.....maybe in a down year for the men's board. It's hard to say.
The women’s board is much more fundamentally sound and they post the way it was meant to be done when the internet was created

Reaction Score
Why are we acknowledging the women’s board on the men’s board? The title should be changed to...

The Differences Between the Men’s BB Board and the board that is not the Men’s BB Board.

Still, now that the other team has Paige, they could probably beat the men’s team.

Reaction Score
Why are we acknowledging the women’s board on the men’s board? The title should be changed to...

The Differences Between the Men’s BB Board and the board that is not the Men’s BB Board.

Still, now that the other team has Paige, they could probably beat the men’s team.
Well then, how about scheduling them against the Men's between now and December 30? Closed scrimmage and no press, just to be safe. :D

Reaction Score
The women’s board is much more fundamentally sound and they post the way it was meant to be done when the internet was created
Well, in this pandemic, why are we worried about Roberts Rules.

Levity and creative responses take off the edge of daily life.

Sort of like the conversations Seinfeld and Friends had in the coffee shop.

Reaction Score

My takes were:

What are your thoughts?
They don't complain as much... for obvious reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member