Differences Between the Men's BB Board and the Women's BB Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Differences Between the Men's BB Board and the Women's BB Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Give it time. When Geno retires one day they too will be forced back into reality. Idk how they will handle losing multiple games in a season but it will happen eventually and watching the fans freak out will be pretty entertaining.

If you're looking forward to watching other UConn fans freak out, you can straight pound sand.

Seriously. Go somewhere else.

Reaction Score
They are the house with rules, our house no rules, being an obnoxious a hole is encouraged.

Reaction Score
The real question is, can the women's board beat the men's board? It's a totally different kind of posting.....maybe in a down year for the men's board. It's hard to say.
In golf, already been done. BYC at Keney.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The women's board has better fundamentals and is more like old-time posting. There is more sharing of the discussion and less hero posting or one-on-one attacks.

The men's board is more about isolation and exploiting individual match-ups.
Brilliant satire, Mr. Swift.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
If you're looking forward to watching other UConn fans freak out, you can straight pound sand.

Seriously. Go somewhere else.

I am a fan of both the men’s and women’s teams, but more so of the men’s team. All I’m saying is it will be humbling and pretty satisfying to watch the hardcore women’s basketball only fans get a taste of what we go through on the men’s side.

Reaction Score
I am a fan of both the men’s and women’s teams, but more so of the men’s team. All I’m saying is it will be humbling and pretty satisfying to watch the hardcore women’s basketball only fans get a taste of what we go through on the men’s side.

Its easy to follow a team that goes 300-4. Look at Pats fans right now. They don’t know which end is up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The women's board has better fundamentals and is more like old-time posting. There is more sharing of the discussion and less hero posting or one-on-one attacks.

I agree except for the lack of criticism. Things go way too far on the men’s board and the chat is awful with ridiculous takes. But on the WBB any negative comment is shut down. There shall be no question about their complete perfection in every way.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

You mean like the old news letter days on UConn bball Well we've grown into bitter older people here and want our damn championships, is that much to ask for. Heck they get one every other year, we have to wait years it seems.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Frequenting both boards, it’s clear that

-winning all the time leads to fretting more about not being perfect.

- winning all the time reduces competing perceptions

- winning all the time with players staying 4 years eliminates the relative insanity of hoping a prized recruit leaves after a year or two so we can get more recruits who will leave after a year or two and then wonder why we can’t win titles as often as the women do

- frequenting the women’s board makes you understand the relative value of Chief00 briefs

- Auriemma is way funnier than Hurley

- a feel good story on the women’s board is how much the players love each other. On the men’s board is that nobody was arrested

- and finally, the men’s board has a lot of cool threads on beer, pizza , eggs, and dead rock stars while the women’s board has vigorous debates on who is the GOAT and could they take Kemba Walker one on one.

Reaction Score
On WBB, there are a lot of motherhens that think any innocent comment or critique is mean and chastise you. I rarely post there even though I'm a huge fan of the WBB team.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
still messed up.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I agree except for the lack of criticism. Things go way too far on the men’s board and the chat is awful with ridiculous takes. But on the WBB any negative comment is shut down. There shall be no question about their complete perfection in every way.
they save their critiques for the men in their lives & calling them out publicly, not the WBB team

Reaction Score
It’s a very emotionally safe space (queue music) where dreams can come true, it can happen to you ...

Reaction Score
Here's my 2 Cents:

The women's board does not allow much in terms of criticism, either of Coaching decisions or players.
The women's board likes to build up all players, and really doesn't like it when one player gets all the attention.
The games are not very competitive, for the most part, so the discussions amount to playing time, plays..
The knowledge of womens basketball nationally is very impressive. Transfers, recruiting, etc.is widely discussed and deep.
The only weird thing I see is how they love to track ex Uconn players, like they are our "children" out in the world.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We can whip them in a game any day every day. Some of us even played basketball

:cool:

Whoop whoop whoop

Reaction Score
Some comments spot on while some make you sound like a straight up founding member of “The He-Man Woman Haters Club.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom