DID EDD MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE ??? | The Boneyard

DID EDD MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone out there think that EDD, once she got into the tournament and experienced the atmosphere and electricity of the big dance, realize that in the back of her mind she made a big mistake by not staying at UCONN and experience this feeling every year, or do you think she is 100% satisfied with the decision she made to play at Delaware? I just got a feeling by watching her in the tourney, and especially in the closing moments of her last game that she wanted to continue playing in the tournament. Not just this year, but also in years gone by. Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Does anyone out there think that EDD, once she got into the tournament and experienced the atmosphere and electricity of the big dance, realize that in the back of her mind she made a big mistake by not staying at UCONN and experience this feeling every year, or do you think she is 100% satisfied with the decision she made to play at Delaware? I just got a feeling by watching her in the tourney, and especially in the closing moments of her last game that she wanted to continue playing in the tournament. Not just this year, but also in years gone by. Any thoughts?
No, I don't think EDD regrets it one bit. Not even close. She just doesn't seem to live and die basketball. She is exactly where she wants to be.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Of course she wanted to keep playing. Like any competitor, she wanted and wants to win. She has said that she and her Delaware teammates dreamed of winning a National Championship. She may have wanted (like the rest of us) to have a matchup with the team she almost played for.

But I don't think that means that she would like to rewrite the last five years, which have by all accounts been a triumphant experience for her, her teammates, her school, and her state. She is the Rebecca Lobo of Delaware, and deservedly so.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Not a chance. She had the Delaware gym packed, she learned to love the game again, she built fabulous relationships with her teammates, she was inches from her sister....

And no, she doesn't live and die ball -- no one should -- but I think her post UNC comment (Something about "I never wanted to win so much in my life) shows how much she loves the game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
She's not human if she hasn't wondered what it might have been like had she stayed at UConn.

I don't think that translates into a "HUGE MISTAKE". Both ways, she gets a college degree and heads off to professional basketball career.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
No. Not one bit. She clearly favored family over basketball championships. Put yourself in her shoes - would you trade four more years with your deaf/blind sister for more basketball glory? If you would, you clearly don't know the priorities of EDD.

Not everything is about winning for some.

Reaction Score
ABSOLUTELY NOTTTTTTT
Reading and following this from DAY ONE This was right for EDD I wish she had realized that before involving us
Being near home close to her family and her sister was what has been BEST for her
Is there really anyone on this board that isn't convinced
GO HUSKIES
IRA

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Although the long answer is certainly no; the short answer of course is yes. That's life...you wonder, and you dream. Doesn't mean you regret your choices ultimately....

Reaction Score
Why even think she made a mistake? She chose to be with her sister over her own best self-interests. If you think that's a mistake, you're a fool. Delaware is an excellent school. She will still be a first-round WNBA draft pick.

Reaction Score
Of course she wanted to keep playing. Like any competitor, she wanted and wants to win. She has said the she and her Delaware teammates dreamed of winning a National Championship. She may have wanted (like the rest of us) to have a matchup with the team she almost played for.

But I don't think that means that she would like to rewrite the last five years, which have by all accounts been a triumphant experience for her, her teammates, her school, and her state. She is the Rebecca Lobo of Delaware, and deservedly so.

JOE: you are HOT, Dude. Though I don't have many recollections of your prior posts, you are on a roll tonight for sure. Your post here is sharp, and your final 'Lobo" sentence sums it all up....what a great parallel. In my view, Lobo really established the foundation for all the wonder that has been built here.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD spent four years being where she needed to be: with her family.

Who do you think she relied on most when she couldn't play due to her Lyme Disease? I am guessing it was the same family that relies on her. I bet not being near her family during those rough stretches would have been torture for her.

JS

Reaction Score
If you think that's a mistake, you're a fool.
Given your avatar, Butch, you're no doubt experiencing familial recognition.

590.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
paulie, I believe a clear theme is emerging.

Reaction Score
Why even think she made a mistake? She chose to be with her sister over her own best self-interests. If you think that's a mistake, you're a fool. Delaware is an excellent school. She will still be a first-round WNBA draft pick.
There is no need for name calling. I am simply asking a hypothetical question and an opinion. Now, can you put your Mom back on the phone.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Does anyone out there think that EDD, once she got into the tournament and experienced the atmosphere and electricity of the big dance, realize that in the back of her mind she made a big mistake by not staying at UCONN and experience this feeling every year, or do you think she is 100% satisfied with the decision she made to play at Delaware?
ummmm, NO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure she has thought through the pros/cons of her decision long ago and has put it behind her. You should as well.

Reaction Score
I wish EDD well and she knew in her heart that UCONN was not right for her. UCONN is always on the biggest stage and draws the most attention and press..........She want to be the Big Fish in the little pond and have her family near by for security.......She did well and DE and that Is all you want.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom