DID EDD MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE ??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DID EDD MAKE A HUGE MISTAKE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think she got what she wanted. Big fish in small pond. That post-game interview where she talked about "my fans", as opposed to "our fans", tells me that.

I noticed that too. There were a couple of pronoun uses that I thought were a little dismissive of her teammates.

Reaction Score
If EDD was thinking at the Sweet Sixteen about what could have been, I can only compare that to empty nest parents who finally have freedom from the kids and time to themselves. Do you think they're wondering what could have been if they'd never had kids? Probably not. They're just appreciating the experience of the moment and relishing the memories they've created over the years.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes especially since we have a chance at ANOTHER Nat. But we might not have Stewart though. Rather have edd, but stewart could be great though.

Reaction Score
There is no need for name calling. I am simply asking a hypothetical question and an opinion. Now, can you put your Mom back on the phone.
Nicely played. Paulie you got the walnuts for sure.

Reaction Score
No. She is a 23 1/2 year old who looked like she had never worked out. No muscle and no stamina. She would not have gotten away with that at Uconn. Per her ESPN interview she hated basketball because on her teams she didn't get to enjoy victories as it was all on her. She chose that same scenario in college.
All this "I'm so happy" seem like "thou doth protest too much". Not interested in how happy she is nor if Samarie has "moved on" or if the Kentucky coaches and players "have her back". Both left in quite half assed manner and its on them. You know who did not all of a sudden figure out she missed her sister when Kalana got in her face, she is special and wasn't about to be treated any other way.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No. She is a 23 1/2 year old who looked like she had never worked out. No muscle and no stamina. She would not have gotten away with that at Uconn. Per her ESPN interview she hated basketball because on her teams she didn't get to enjoy victories as it was all on her. She chose that same scenario in college.
All this "I'm so happy" seem like "thou doth protest too much". Not interested in how happy she is nor if Samarie has "moved on" or if the Kentucky coaches and players "have her back". Both left in quite half assed manner and its on them. You know who did not all of a sudden figure out she missed her sister when Kalana got in her face, she is special and wasn't about to be treated any other way.
And who has fought off two bouts of Lyme Disease and, also, mono when she was in high school. She is known to have had a personal trainer in high and a very rigorous training program in high school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe. I interpret it as being media savvy. I have to admit after having not given a hoot about her for 4 years, she's impressed me both on and off the court. I do think that her colligiate journey doesn't qualify for sainthood, or for eternal damnation. She was just an 18 year old kid who was overwhelmed in college. Hardly a unique story.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
No mistake at all from what I see. She knew what she was giving up and made a difficult decision at a young age. She seems very happy and content with all that has happened in the last few years.

She will be drafted very high in the draft as well.

She has become my favorite non Uconn player and person over the last decade

Reaction Score
Elena followed her heart, can't fault her for that ... I just wish that she'd decided on Delaware sooner than committing to UConn. Oh well ....

She got to be near her family, play great ball ... and help get the Delaware program on a roll. She could be their Kerry Bascomb!! :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Does anyone out there think that EDD, once she got into the tournament and experienced the atmosphere and electricity of the big dance, realize that in the back of her mind she made a big mistake by not staying at UCONN and experience this feeling every year (1), or do you think she is 100% satisfied with the decision she made to play at Delaware (2)? I just got a feeling by watching her in the tourney, and especially in the closing moments of her last game that she wanted to continue playing in the tournament. Not just this year, but also in years gone by. Any thoughts?

(1) Absolutely not. (2) She said she was where she wanted to be doing the things that she loved to do. And I believe her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No . And I certainly hope all of us nos are right, because it would be somewhat miserable for her to live with the alternative. However, she is a perceptive and thoughtful person and she knows certain things were surrendered in the bargain. She gives every appearance of being at peace with that. Some things were also gained. She has written herself into the history of the U of Delaware. She is an example to all regarding caring for the severely disabled. She is an exemplary young person. I will be curious to watch the progress of her WNBA career. Her life of being all things to her team on the court is over. I suspect she will have some bumps in the road and may have the better part of her career abroad. Wish her well.

Reaction Score

This is an incredibly embarassing post. Not to mention incredibly inaccurate in every single sentence.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I noticed that too. There were a couple of pronoun uses that I thought were a little dismissive of her teammates.

That's funny since every interview I've seen of hers is always about her teammates this, and her teammates that. So all this stuff about her ego is just bull. :rolleyes:

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
That's funny since every interview I've seen of hers is always about her teammates this, and her teammates that. So all this stuff about her ego is just bull. :rolleyes:

I think people will want to think what they want to think, contrary to the information is out there.

sTu

Reaction Score
What a wonderful woman. I admire and respect her choices and courage. A terrific teammate who has basketball be a part of her life. Best of luck DD.

Reaction Score
I think she got what she wanted. Big fish in small pond. That post-game interview where she talked about "my fans", as opposed to "our fans", tells me that.

Seriously?

She would have been the “big fish” wherever she went. She would have been the "biggest fish" of all if she had stayed at UConn and been the driving force behind what might have well been the third and fourth consecutive national championships – someone who’s name would have been mentioned with Lobo…Bird…Taurasi…Moore…it doesn't get much bigger than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom