Did Cooper commit to Duke? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Did Cooper commit to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he understandedly waits considering the horrible tragedy in Maine
Thanks for putting me in my place....the gif was in obvious jest but you felt the need to enlighten me. Thanks but I don't need your guidance on Cooper being from Maine. I live their every summer and the state has been a major part of my life and am heartbroken like many.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for putting me in my place....the gif was in obvious jest but you felt the need to enlighten me. Thanks but I don't need your guidance on Cooper being from Maine, I live their every summer and am heartbroken like many.
Are you friggin serious? I was in no way trying to put anyone in their place. You are WAY off on my intent here. Way off. This place sometimes...

Reaction Score
Are you friggin serious? I was in no way trying to put anyone in their place. You are WAY off on my intent here. Way off. This place sometimes...
I posted a dumb Gif & you replied by bringing up a mass shooting....yes obviously Cooper not going to announce today if he planed to. My point was his Duke commit intentions are apparently the worst kept secret in CBB so let UConn move on to "next" already....before the mass shooting.

I now appreciate that you meant no ill will in your post.... so moving on. Peace.

Reaction Score
I posted a dumb Gif & you replied by bringing up a mass shooting....yes obviously Cooper not going to announce today if he planed to. My point was his Duke commit intentions are apparently the worst kept secret in CBB so let UConn move on to "next" already....before the mass shooting.

I now appreciate that you meant no ill will in your post.... so moving on. Peace.
Yeah, I honestly thought you hadn't heard yet about the tragedy and were just waiting for a commit. Your gif lead me to believe that. Others felt that way as well seeing the handful of likes that I got. I was just trying to be helpful in letting you know. I posted without being rude, that he will probably wait. I wish you gave me the same courtesy but whatever. I honestly have no idea how you inferred ill intent from my post but no harm no foul I guess.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
With respect to commitments, we already have two good recruits on board for next year. Whether we get Flagg or not, our recruiting has been outstanding & the fact that we are now challenging for top 5 players is just so refreshing. The basketball program is in phenomenal shape for the future. Football...not so much, but who knows what the future holds.

NIL is still so new & it's likely difficult to navigate opportunities, rules & logistics - which throws a wrench in traditional recruiting, especially with top recruits like Ngongba. I trust that UConn will figure it out & opportunities will present themselves - I say we just enjoy the ride.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Following the whims of teenagers, since that is what college recruiting is, has always seemed like a fool's errand to me. I used to be really plugged in when I was like 19 years old (I'm 37 now). I just can't get myself to care. Let me know who has signed a LOI and I'll leave my faith in the coaching staff. I'll browse these threads but the amount that people get dug into this stuff is unhealthy and weird.
There actually was a time when nobody had a clue who the school was recruiting except for some well known national talent. Now every kid and his little brother who plays AAU gets drooled over if they mention a school on Instagram

Reaction Score
Is this all still conjecture that he committed to Duke? I am shocked because he has not announced anything yet people are acting like it is a done deal.

Also my heart goes out to the people of Maine. You have to respect the family for putting the focus at home and not where he goes to school

Reaction Score
Aside from the tragedy, apparently the rumors of this Duke decision were exaggerated. I think that every day that goes by —- well it’s not a bad thing for UConn. If I was Duke would have expected it Tuesday and every day that went by, I’d be growing more and more concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom