Did Alterique make the trip to Memphis? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Did Alterique make the trip to Memphis?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Why do people all of a sudden come out now as if they knew all along Gilbert would not be playing at all in the tournament?
We were all left in the dust, no one really knew the extent of it. Next time, medical experts, say that there is a 0% chance Gilbert would play. Because I did not see that anywhere, other than @JimHurley who had a source saying he wouldn't play.
This happens a lot on the Boneyard-
"Oh you fools thought that was going to happen? Ha! Idiots! I knew before all of you, I just didn't say so". Screw off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why do people all of a sudden come out now as if they knew all along Gilbert would not be playing at all in the tournament?
We were all left in the dust, no one really knew the extent of it. Next time, medical experts, say that there is a 0% chance Gilbert would play. Because I did not see that anywhere, other than @JimHurley who had a source saying he wouldn't play.
"Oh you fools thought that was going to happen? Ha! Idiots! I knew before all of you, I just didn't say so". Screw off.

Are you reading some alternative BY where it wasnt obvious that Gilbert wasn’t playing?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Are you reading some alternative BY where it wasnt obvious that Gilbert wasn’t playing?
When was it obvious other than one person saying they heard he wasn't playing?
If it was so obvious, why didn't we know his game status until the day before the game?

I saw people talking about a Friday comeback, or that a concussion recovery like this is 7 days. I guess I completely missed your "he is not playing at all in the tournament and not travelling with the team" party before today. Excuse me.

Reaction Score
You don’t have to be .500.

They aren’t making the NIT.

Why the hell would anyone want to make the NIT anyway. Have some dark desire to lose to Belmont in the first round?
Agreed.

Belmont should make the dance though, they deserve it and can always knock off one of the big boys.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Because it didn't need to be said, he had a concussion and broke his face.

This board is so weird sometimes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it was so obvious, why didn't we know his game status until the day before the game?

I saw people talking about a Friday comeback, or that a concussion recovery like this is 7 days. I guess I completely missed your "he is not playing at all in the tournament and not travelling with the team" party before today. Excuse me.

I’m not trying to be a jerk but if you just listen to Hurley....

Reaction Score

Well I was with you but apparently people knew he was out already. I wouldn’t have given my update if the general consensus was he was out for the tournament. I thought Hurley’s comments were actually somewhat encouraging....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is the way the season ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess we hope now that Tarin Smith turns into AG overnight and can at least TRY to not hurt the team tmrw. Get us to Sunday Jalen !!!!

Not making any predictions on tournament runs.

I have said in several threads that this team has played its best when Jalen was dominating the ball handling regardless of whether AG was playing or not.

I also said since it looked like by the first week of January this team wasn't going dancing I felt it best to go long term and develop AG as much as possible for next year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Disappointing news, thanks for the update, but I'll never understand why a UConn fan would "like" this post. Because they've somehow been vindicated about something? IDK

:confused:

Reaction Score
Because some of us love uconn basketball We love watching it reading about it and talking about it, . More games means more basketball, I would love us to be in the Nit .

Reaction Score

Holding out hope as a fan isn't as a fan isn't a stupid thing is it? I mean he was "obviously" hurt pretty bad we all know that. As of Monday Coach said "with 2 injuries like he has it's tough but we'll know more in the next couple of day" - does that tell you he's definitely not getting on the plane?

Geez trying to call people out and stupid for holding out hope he's going to give it a shot if he can is the BY at its finest. I held that glimmer until officially announce even though I kind of knew the answer. Shame on me what a dope!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just incredible man. This has been such a brutal stretch. Shud I even DVR the Game tmrw? So depressing. Just end the season already. Can’t take anymore . No AG, cant even have hope. I’m not going thru another season like this. Next year better be at least 25% better I’m done.
Actually Jalen plays better when AG isn’t in there and vice versa. Both of them need the ball in their hand most of the time. Unfortunately they never seemed to play off each other well besides the Syracuse and I believe SMU games. Hopefully Jalen will have a great day as he is still our Alpha dog this year.

Reaction Score
Add Adams, subtract Gilbert. Net plus? Barely, but I think so. Adams will be 35-plus minutes every game, hope he’s up to it.

(And obviously both are needed, but you play the cards you’re dealt.)
Not that it’s a perfect statistic by any means, but Gilbert is 5th on the team in BPM (1.9) and Adams is second (5.4).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Holding out hope as a fan isn't as a fan isn't a stupid thing is it? I mean he was "obviously" hurt pretty bad we all know that. As of Monday Coach said "with 2 injuries like he has it's tough but we'll know more in the next couple of day" - does that tell you he's definitely not getting on the plane?

Geez trying to call people out and stupid for holding out hope he's going to give it a shot if he can is the BY at its finest. I held that glimmer until officially announce even though I kind of knew the answer. Shame on me what a dope!:rolleyes:

Hurley all but said he was out. He said the exact same things the last time he hurt his shoulder and he was out for a good while.

They downplay injuries but you don’t need the Rosetta Stone to break the code.

I didn’t call anyone stupid just saying pay attenton.

Reaction Score
Hurley all but said he was out. He said the exact same things the last time he hurt his shoulder and he was out for a good while.

They downplay injuries but you don’t need the Rosetta Stone to break the code.

I didn’t call anyone stupid just saying pay attenton.

Exaggerated on stupid and not pointing at you on this alone.

Whatever hope they can win one without him after that beyond tough without him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom