Diana T. Next Uconn HC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diana T. Next Uconn HC?

Reaction Score
My Goofy scenario. Get Hopkins Coach Cosgriff to come in as an assistant during the Paige (Nnaji ???)years and then potentially take over. ;)

Goofy is one word to describe it. I have another (less kind) word for it.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Shea ? Bad idea. Say after me: "No more Kevin Ollies." Zero experience and record. Carla B. is the go to.

"Zero experience" is a little harsh for a long time assistant. Would you say the same thing about CD? And remember that Geno had no college head coaching experience when he came to UConn.

Reaction Score
I cannot conceive DT showing any interest in coaching a school outside P5.
Same goes for Sue Bird.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Power 5 is about football nothing else!
And the AAC has had some very good top 10-15 football teams. Going to the Big East long term is a step back for the whole athletic department.

Reaction Score
Shea ? Bad idea. Say after me: "No more Kevin Ollies." Zero experience and record. Carla B. is the go to.

Otoh, Carla has no experience in D1 scholarship recruiting. And it is doubtful she will have any by the time Geno retires.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
People can change, but Geno has pretty directly indicated that Jamelle has had it with coaching and is doing him a favor with a temporary assignment. Jamelle's recruiting and record at Cinci says a lot about Cinci but raises questions.

Reaction Score
Don't know what the Phoenix home situation is, but I know they do have a house in Manhattan Beach...
Thats what I remember as her home address, she is a Cali women.

Reaction Score
What was Auriemma's head coaching experience and record anywhere when he took over at UConn? Zero is what I remember too. With 17 years experience as a D1 assistant, I believe she could've had a couple of different HC jobs by now if she'd wanted them.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I cannot conceive DT showing any interest in coaching a school outside P5.
Same goes for Sue Bird.
[/QUOTE]

Not even their Alma Mater?

Power 5 is about football nothing else!

It started out that way, just don't believe it ends that way. Power always seeks to increase its concentration.

Reaction Score
I think people who suggest "D" as Geno's successor feel she is the only one who could fill "the quote void", that will be created with his departure. ;)
Coaching at the college level is only half the game as one has to be able to recruit. That hurt Jamelle @ Cincy. In a twist of irony her last two seasons the team had improved but not to the administrations liking.
Jenn's name used to get mentioned but not so much anymore.

If they stay in house obviously Shea has been under Geno and on the recruiting trail that is UConn for years now. That's only if she has a strong desire to be a head coach, many like CD make a good living and are content being an assistant. My dime would be on Carla. Some might site a lack of recruiting experience but I think that would easily be overcome with the UConn brand and a winning record that very few coaches can match.

Reaction Score
What was Auriemma's head coaching experience and record anywhere when he took over at UConn? Zero is what I remember too. With 17 years experience as a D1 assistant, I believe she could've had a couple of different HC jobs by now if she'd wanted them.
Geno was a one time phenom. UCONN did not expect his genius when they hired him. (heck, he didn't expect the success they have had.)

Reaction Score
Muffet. :rolleyes:
I know this was a joke, but still I have to...
406D583A-961B-442E-8750-4CD5447ED474.jpeg

Reaction Score
If Chris Dailey stays when Geno retires, the job is obviously hers. If not, I would expect Shea to be offered it. If they go outside the current coaching staff, I would expect Jen Rizzotti to be the top choice.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to imagine DT jumping on airplanes to fly to goodness knows where to sit in a HS gym, or sitting and schmoozing with the parents of prospects. Or that Ms. Bird hankers to be an assistant coach. If she wants to go the coaching route, and I haven't heard does, she wouldn't want to be Dee's second fiddle for long.

I thought Bird was great on the ESPN broadcasts she did recently covering UConn games. Came off natural, relaxed, and great comments. Perhaps following (again) in Lobo's steps??

Reaction Score
DT - no way. She's the White Mamba - a lot of flash. I just dont see her having the patience, grind, etc. it would take to coach a UConn team. Shea seems to be the logical choice, but not sure of her leadership/social skills. She seems so quiet, even on the bench. Does she ever give interviews?

Reaction Score
If Chris Dailey stays when Geno retires, the job is obviously hers. If not, I would expect Shea to be offered it. If they go outside the current coaching staff, I would expect Jen Rizzotti to be the top choice.

Carla Berube is the likely candidate based on her winning at Tufts and now at Princeton. I don't think it was a coincidence that Geno pushed her to go after the Princeton job where she can show she can recruit and win at a high D1 level.
Rizzotti is the sentimental favorite for us old-timers who were there on Martin Luther King day in 1995 but she hasn't dominated in her league(s) so she's not likely to get this job. 1995 was a long time ago.
Shea should have left to take a head coaching job so my guess is she'll not be viewed as someone bold enough to take on an impossible job. See Holly Warlick.
CD is not likely to want the aggravation and she'd need to find another Geno to complement her skills.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

When Geno retires, and he will, I beleive CD will also retire. If not, she would be the logical choice and I think she would take.

If not, Shea would probably be the choice.

As far as D, Sue and now Jen, the answer is no. Sue has made it clear she does not want to coach. D is the GOAT but not the coach. Jen, her record as a head coach is unimpressive to say the least.

The only other possibility would be Carla. She has been coaching for a while. If she can prove she can recruit on a D1 level, she would be a powerful candidate.

Reaction Score
I think she will be too old. In just 4 years she will be 64 assuming Geno stays through the Paige years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom