Diana T. Next Uconn HC? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Diana T. Next Uconn HC?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I been saying this for 6 years now and I have no idea why some big time WCBB program has not listened to me. Lisa Thomaidis!

Reaction Score
As said above, the greatest women or men players usually don't make great coaches because usually everything about their sport fell into place for them at an early age and it almost came natural where most of their players they're coaching have to bust their butts to have any kind of success!
Ted Williams was the manager of the Washington Senators then Texas Rangers after they moved and was frustrated that he couldn't get the intricate points of Baseball across to his players!
That's why a lot of the best Manager's in Baseball are Catchers, because they faced the whole field and saw how situations occurred!
Great athlete's have to leave their egos outside as it's no longer about them but about their athletes!

That, and they have to be good at massaging the egos of pitchers.

Reaction Score
Shea - untested as a head coach but knows UCONN system and existing players and recruits in pipeline, back pocket
Jamelle - 113–162 (.411) pass, next candidate
Jennifer - 365–260 (.584) decent but not truly outstanding, keep as yard stick
Carla - 378-94 (.800) keeper!

Do you have any idea how many injuries to key players Jamelle had to deal with? I didn't think so. UConn has had injuries to key players, but they had a lot more talent than Cincinnati. Next time consider all the circumstances when eliminating a candidate.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Sue Bird...has expressed an interest in doing color commentary for television: With her understanding of the game and her past history of being an extension of the head coach on the floor I have no doubt that if she had to desire to coach she would be great.

Diane Taurasi...in my opinion is the best to play the women's game. Maya and Breanna may be better in some ways but no one is better with the ball in their hands when you need to make something happen than DT.
Geno always said that DT makes everyone around her better. DT is a huge personality, highly competitive.
Lacks coaching experience...but, I would expect that if there is a will to coach....that her learning curve would be very short. I do think that she is better suited for the WNBA or even the NBA and wouldn't be surprised to see her offered a job with a professional team in either the men's or the women's game.

Shea Ralph...Shea has the institutional knowledge to take over. She has the experience in coaching...I am concerned with her people skills because all I have ever heard is that the players are afraid of her and that she is a bull in the weight room. I am also not sure that if Shea gets an offer for head coach from another D-1 program that is of her liking that she wouldn't take that offer. Geno will be here at least 4 more years...will Shea?

Carla Berube...interesting choice...a lot of experience, part of the UConn legacy, successful coaching record...

Jennifer Rizzotti...also an interesting choice...was one of the ones who got things going at UConn, great coach, lots of experience...

Chris Daley...her job if she wants it.

Geno has choices...but, you have to wonder...UConn is a sweet, tasty morsel and it will attract a lot of interest if and when the job becomes available....time will tell.

Reaction Score
Why do you feel that need to hire a woman of color together head coach ? do tell please

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Do you have any idea how many injuries to key players Jamelle had to deal with? I didn't think so. UConn has had injuries to key players, but they had a lot more talent than Cincinnati. Next time consider all the circumstances when eliminating a candidate.
I did. Next candidate.

Reaction Score
Sue Bird...has expressed an interest in doing color commentary for television: With her understanding of the game and her past history of being an extension of the head coach on the floor I have no doubt that if she had to desire to coach she would be great.

Diane Taurasi...in my opinion is the best to play the women's game. Maya and Breanna may be better in some ways but no one is better with the ball in their hands when you need to make something happen than DT.
Geno always said that DT makes everyone around her better. DT is a huge personality, highly competitive.
Lacks coaching experience...but, I would expect that if there is a will to coach....that her learning curve would be very short. I do think that she is better suited for the WNBA or even the NBA and wouldn't be surprised to see her offered a job with a professional team in either the men's or the women's game.

Shea Ralph...Shea has the institutional knowledge to take over. She has the experience in coaching...I am concerned with her people skills because all I have ever heard is that the players are afraid of her and that she is a bull in the weight room. I am also not sure that if Shea gets an offer for head coach from another D-1 program that is of her liking that she wouldn't take that offer. Geno will be here at least 4 more years...will Shea?

Carla Berube...interesting choice...a lot of experience, part of the UConn legacy, successful coaching record...

Jennifer Rizzotti...also an interesting choice...was one of the ones who got things going at UConn, great coach, lots of experience...

Chris Daley...her job if she wants it.

Geno has choices...but, you have to wonder...UConn is a sweet, tasty morsel and it will attract a lot of interest if and when the job becomes available....time will tell.

When Geno steps away, so will Chris. They came in together; they will go out together. The perfect ending.

Reaction Score
I would hope the days when schools focused their coach search on ex-players from their respective schools. They used to do this all the time and it was the reason that a few coaches dominated WCBB. They didn't have much competition. Gee I don't remember Geno playing for Uconn. Perhaps he wore a wig? I am sure there are many very good ex-players that would make excellent coaches, but the focus on that demographic for hires certainly lowered the standard for coaches for decades.

While I do think that the potential pool of ex-players has increased exponentially along with the game, the focus should be on getting the best coach possible and not maintaining the WCBB version of the "Good Ole Girl" system. Ex-players do not always make the best coaches. Let them prove themselves first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom