Diamond | The Boneyard

Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The posting of recent LV comments brought to mind questions about DD. Where overseas is she playing? How is she doing? Couldn't find anything on a Google search.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The posting of recent LV comments brought to mind questions about DD. Where overseas is she playing? How is she doing? Couldn't find anything on a Google search.

She is playing for Cukurova in the Turkish league. She had 29 pts, 7 rebs, 2 assists in their 1st league game (win vs. Beskitas). She had 20 pts, 5 rebs in their 2nd game (loss to Yakin Dogu).

upload_2017-10-20_9-46-52.png

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Suppose Diamond averages around 25 points a game in the Turkish league, does she replace A'ja Wilson or Kelsey Mitchell as the overall #1 draft pick? If not, does she go in the Top 5 picks. IMO she'll be a better pro, then she was in her last years with the Lady Vols.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She has the talent. To be the best player in the world.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Suppose Diamond averages around 25 points a game in the Turkish league, does she replace A'ja Wilson or Kelsey Mitchell as the overall #1 draft pick? If not, does she go in the Top 5 picks. IMO she'll be a better pro, then she was in her last years with the Lady Vols.

I'm no scout but I think A'ja has to be #1. Then you could go either way between Mitchell and Diamond.

Reaction Score
I think Diamond is #1. More versatile than A'ja, plus she's already some pro league experience now... She's always been a special talent... Wonder what her college career would've been like if Geno had her up in Storrs? Maybe a little more humble pie would've truly brought out her greatness at the collegiate level? I think so....

Reaction Score
I think Diamond is #1. More versatile than A'ja, plus she's already some pro league experience now... She's always been a special talent... Wonder what her college career would've been like if Geno had her up in Storrs? Maybe a little more humble pie would've truly brought out her greatness at the collegiate level? I think so....

The WNBA teams with the potential #1 picks are between the Former SA Stars or the Indiana Fever. Both teams need a big mobile scoring Forward/Center with defensive capabilities and Diamond doesn't fit the bill.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She is playing for Cukurova in the Turkish league. She had 29 pts, 7 rebs, 2 assists in their 1st league game (win vs. Beskitas). She had 20 pts, 5 rebs in their 2nd game (loss to Yakin Dogu).

View attachment 25579
Welp, that solves that! Go DD

Reaction Score
DD is very athletic and talented. But i would be wary of drafting her. She a me first and not a team player. Also I can see if DD did not like the team that drafted her she would force a trade.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She has the talent. To be the best player in the world.
She has the athletic talent to be very good. She ain't got the shot consistency, and with the way she over jumps perhaps never will, to ever be the best. There's a lot of athletes in Big Woman ball, and her athleticism isn't head and shoulders above the elites.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
DD is very athletic and talented. But i would be wary of drafting her. She a me first and not a team player. Also I can see if DD did not like the team that drafted her she would force a trade.

And don't think teams aren't weary of this. :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She has the athletic talent to be very good. She ain't got the shot consistency, and with the way she over jumps perhaps never will, to ever be the best. There's a lot of athletes in Big Woman ball, and her athleticism isn't head and shoulders above the elites.

Diamond will get drafted, let's make that clear. The question is by who, and how will they use her. It's possible she wins a starting job as a rookie like Allisha Gray (Dallas Wings) did, depending on the needs and depth of the team that drafts her. Diamond won't be happy languishing on the bench for too long, regardless of where she goes. Maybe she has changed, we'll see. The last time we saw her, she was a "me" player, not a "we" player.
Hopefully Diamond left the "me" persona/mindset at Tennessee upon her departure.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Diamond will get drafted, let's make that clear. The question is by who, and how will they use her. It's possible she wins a starting job as a rookie like Allisha Gray (Dallas Wings) did, depending on the needs and depth of the team that drafts her. Diamond won't be happy languishing on the bench for too long, regardless of where she goes. Maybe she has changed, we'll see. The last time we saw her, she was a "me" player, not a "we" player.
Hopefully Diamond left the "me" persona/mindset at Tennessee.
As I've stated many times before, the offensive system Holly uses forces the guards to do things that appear "me" oriented. It's not a share the ball offense. The guards are in control. They penetrate or kick, they get the ball inside. That's the scheme. When that fails and the clock runs down, they force shots, they force passes. Or they take bad, quick shots. Holly teaches defense. The offense is simple and the variables are for the players to figure out. To me this is lazy coaching. I never thought DD's play on the court was so "me" oriented. DD however is an inconsistent shooter. She'll hit that 15' jumper one minute, come down the floor and over jump on the 10 footer. She's an average passer at best, and it showed because Holly teaches (really fails to teach) an unstructured offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I've stated many times before, the offensive system Holly uses forces the guards to do things that appear "me" oriented. It's not a share the ball offense. The guards are in control. They penetrate or kick, they get the ball inside. That's the scheme. When that fails and the clock runs down, they force shots, they force passes. Or they take bad, quick shots. Holly teaches defense. The offense is simple and the variables are for the players to figure out. To me this is lazy coaching. I never though DD's play on the court was so "me" oriented. DD however is an inconsistent shooter. She'll hit that 15' jumper one minute, come down the floor and over jump on the 10 footer. She's an average passer at best, and it showed because Holly teaches (really fails to teach) an unstructured offense.

I can take "the offensive system" Holly uses two ways.

geno_11837184_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog