Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 80 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
What's next? Calipari is wholesome? Please. Something unethical transpired here.
I'm with djct1999 on this one.... Smells a lil "fishy", no pun intended

Reaction Score
If there's no existing proof of them offering the dad a job, the default is to believe they didn't do it. It's not Fishy's obligation to prove that they didn't do that.

Reaction Score
I think it's silly to deny a possible UA influence. Who knows, but they were ahead of us before they showed a pulse this season. I have seen his dad a handful of times and he is always decked out in all UA gear.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
butthurt-dweller-meme-generator-worst-thread-ever-d3236b.jpg

Reaction Score
Only thing I can be disappointed in is that they spent too much time on him that could have been allocated to other recruits over the summer. Forget UConn, when a kid decides not to go to his hometown school that is coming off the best 2 year stretch in his lifetime(and probably the fanbases's lifetime), has an All American in your spot that is departing, and features Centers in their offense, something is up. I'm sure the usual posters will knock KO and the staff around and demand somebody's job be sacrificed, but there was nothing to do that was getting him here.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Oh, please.

If you'd like to believe that either Maryland or Under Armour is going to hire the kid's dad, by all means, you go ahead and do that.
Who cares if they do? Good for them for being creative if it happens.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I said long ago that we should've offered Stone's dad a job at the Dairy Barn and free ice cream for life, but it didn't happen and now Stone's going to Maryland. :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Kick to the nads for Wisconsin, especially Bo. Sh/t happens, but it seems particularly cruel the way that he let them twist in the wind.

If people want to believe it's all on the up and up, good for them.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
A guy at the Foot Locker in the Trumbull Mall guaranteed me that Stone was committing in June so I am pissed.
Did he also frequent car washes? If not, I wouldn't put much weight into what he has to say...

Reactions: caw

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
It's clear that the thought of having to bang heads with Nolan was more than this kid could stand.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
wonder how long before someone gets a job out of this

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well he certainly wore out his welcome with random precision.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Only thing I can be disappointed in is that they spent too much time on him that could have been allocated to other recruits over the summer. Forget UConn, when a kid decides not to go to his hometown school that is coming off the best 2 year stretch in his lifetime(and probably the fanbases's lifetime), has an All American in your spot that is departing, and features Centers in their offense, something is up. I'm sure the usual posters will knock KO and the staff around and demand somebody's job be sacrificed, but there was nothing to do that was getting him here.
Sure it is. Ollie should have started a sneaker company instead wasting all that time in the NBA.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The good from this: any fantasy about the Newman-Stone combo is gone. Coach KO has a clearer path ahead...plenty of work to do...but a clearer path.
Two fifth year seniors: combo or PG who is a solid ball handler, passer and shooter. 4 who loves to rebound and has a good basketball IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom