Diamond article (down to UConn plus 4 others)... | The Boneyard

Diamond article (down to UConn plus 4 others)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Pat will have to retire for them to be considered in my opinion.

JS

Reaction Score
Tn's name is first... ut oh!
Refusing to board a sinking ship department . . .

captain.jpg
images
Capt. F. Schettino and K. Davis
Two different worlds, one decision​

Oh, just kidding one of my favorite targets --

Carnival Cruise Lines.

Anyway, if that were a pecking order, there'd be at least two big surprises.

Reaction Score
Seems like Tennessee, unless they appoint a "coach in waiting", would have too many unknowns. The odds that Pat is still coaching there in five years, unfortunately, have to be quite low.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
North Carolina?? :p Cue giggles...

Given that Stafford-Odom recruited her when TSO was at Duke, that is not a surprise.

Still, any visit to UNC will be like taking a trip to Desperation Rodeo at this point.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well considering her friend Kaela Davis is looking and could possibely leave TN it makes me wonder if some of the teams mentioned are mentioned because Davis is looking at them and Diamond talked to Kaela. I heard 2 years ago that UConn was her only choice. Why would that change? Its already in the cards that UConns incoming class will be so strong that they will be in the FF unless something drastic happens for the next 5 years. When you look at UConns incoming class in 2 years, they will need another big and another guard and another shooter. I spell that Diamond, Chong and Samuelson. With Pat ill, UNC not making the NCAAs I cant see either of them in the mix. MD and Duke will compete with UConn over the next couple of years but UConn has already shown their dominance. I think the choice is an easy one and all this talk is just talk.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
I have read numerous times on message boards that she wants to be the star on the team she signs with. UNC is about the only one that offers that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
In Diamonds case Father Knows BEst

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have read numerous times on message boards that she wants to be the star on the team she signs with. UNC is about the only one that offers that.

Actually..... of the schools listed.... if she didnt go to Duke.. then I would prefer her to go to UNC.

image-A6B4_4F6CC573.gif

I figure UCONN has an overload of talent already...... Maryland is our only competition for the top spot in the ACC in the next few years...... and I just dislike the Vols. If Deshields went to UNC... even her presence wouldnt be enough to push them even with or ahead of Duke in the ACC.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Refusing to board a sinking ship department . . .

captain.jpg
images
Capt. F. Schettino and K. Davis
Two different worlds, one decision​

Oh, just kidding one of my favorite targets --

Carnival Cruise Lines.

Anyway, if that were a pecking order, there'd be at least two big surprises.

Capt. F. Schettino is my (anti)hero! His derelictions have allowed me to again successfully ward of the better half's efforts to get me on a cruise vacation.

Reaction Score
Actually..... of the schools listed.... if she didnt go to Duke.. then I would prefer her to go to UNC.

image-A6B4_4F6CC573.gif

I figure UCONN has an overload of talent already...... Maryland is our only competition for the top spot in the ACC in the next few years...... and I just dislike the Vols. If Deshields went to UNC... even her presence wouldnt be enough to push them even with or ahead of Duke in the ACC.

Absolutely correct; it would take more then Diamond to make North Carolina an elite team again!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't believe this for one second. If it was true Geno would have passed on her months ago. He does not recruit "stars" in waiting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
...... and I just dislike the Vols. If Deshields went to UNC... even her presence wouldnt be enough to push them even with or ahead of Duke in the ACC.
I knew there was a reason that we liked you. :)

Reaction Score
DD has been quoted as saying she wants to be a legendary player, a player people remember. Some may mistake that for her wanting to be a star right away. This is certainly open for diferent opeinions but I think many have mistaken confidence for egotism. Every great player has to have that drive and if DD has that type of drive then great. DT had it, Maya had it, just to name a few. DD has been on several great teams and played with other good players....U.S.A Basketball, AAU and her high schools team all have other good players. Not sure there is anything wrong with wanting to be the star as long as she puts the work in, and by all accounts DD is a tireless worker.

Reaction Score
Is DD the player we think she might be?...My guess is she will not pick UCONN.........Too tough!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is DD the player we think she might be?...My guess is she will not pick UCONN.........Too tough!!
??

Diamond wants to be a great player. She does not shy away from tough.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
DD has been quoted as saying she wants to be a legendary player, a player people remember. Some may mistake that for her wanting to be a star right away. This is certainly open for diferent opeinions but I think many have mistaken confidence for egotism. Every great player has to have that drive and if DD has that type of drive then great.
Sounds a lot like what Tina Charles said as a high schooler.

These are the moments that Charles has relished since she arrived at UConn from Christ the King High in New York City and told Auriemma, “I want to be great.”
NY Times article, March 2010

Reaction Score
You mean there's a chance we won't get 3 out of the top 5?
Or even one?
Ugh.

Reaction Score
Talk like that distresses me. I hope it's not true or taken out of context. UConn has always been about TEAM first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom