Diaco's Demise | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco's Demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My money is still on Benedict firing the whole staff and he tells Diaco if he doesn't like, there's the door.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Art is close to what's in store. Benedict can't force Diaco to resign but he can make it very uncomfortable for him. I imagine there will be at least three or four new assistants next season, including new coordinators, not of BD's choosing.

Reaction Score
Art is close to what's in store. Benedict can't force Diaco to resign but he can make it very uncomfortable for him. I imagine there will be at least three or four new assistants next season, including new coordinators, not of BD's choosing.

No decent Offensive Coordinator is coming to work for a lame duck Diaco. Unfortunately, we need a reboot.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I dunno. I mean obviously I'm not gonna say Poindexter is doing a great job this season, but this offense is so anemic, the defense suffers physically and mentally. Did you see the ToP for the first half? 9:47 to 20:13. You've seen how long these drives last; we netted 84 yards in the first half, 43 of which came on one play. The offense netted FIVE (5) yards in the third quarter. I actually just checked, offense is now down to 79 total yards with 12 minutes to go.

You expect the defense to last long when the other half is performing that poorly?

FWIW I'm still with you on cleaning house.
Yes I do, this defense is not the UCONN defense most of us have grown accustomed to even when our offense wasn't the greatest. Clean house now!! Charlie Strong will be available soon. ;

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If you think about it, it's kind of amazing that Diaco worked at some great programs for some great coaches and doesn't know how to coach or recruit.
What's really scary is that the best players on our team BY FAR were all recruited by PP (I know they're seniors but still).

Reaction Score
Yes I do, this defense is not the UCONN defense most of us have grown accustomed to even when our offense wasn't the greatest. Clean house now!! Charlie Strong will be available soon. ;

If Strong ever came to the AAC, and that's a big if, I would guess it would be Houston when Herman goes to Texas. That has to be a rare happening, i.e., coaches switching schools.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
My money is still on Benedict firing the whole staff and he tells Diaco if he doesn't like, there's the door.
And your assumption is that Diaco wouldn't like it and resign right? Because any other outcome in your scenario would be a disaster.

Reaction Score
And your assumption is that Diaco wouldn't like it and resign right? Because any other outcome in your scenario would be a disaster.

Yes I would hope that Diaco would resign but Benedict could hire TDH as OC and HFD as DC and Palatine as special teams coach and I promise you we would score more than 3 points over 3 games and I would bet we could win more than 3 games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Diaco is not resigning. I would be surprised, though not shocked, if his contract didn't have some kind of constructive termination language. Such language would make it more difficult to force assistants down his throat.

I suspect UCONN has two choices: eat the buyout or keep Diaco, and both choices are brutal.

Reaction Score
Diaco is not resigning. I would be surprised, though not shocked, if his contract didn't have some kind of constructive termination language. Such language would make it more difficult to force assistants down his throat.

I suspect UCONN has two choices: eat the buyout or keep Diaco, and both choices are brutal.
Take a look at the language, it's all right there:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
What HCRE built was fragile. I don't know if it can survive two kicks in the cojones within five years.

Reaction Score
Keep him and the stadium will be more empty than usual. Season ticket sales will drop more and diaco will win 3-4 games next year max. Fire him, save the fan base....though not that impressive of one anyway, try to maintain season ticket sales and bring in an offensive minded coach for once to give us some entertainment and excitement. Buyout or not diaco stays and there will be 10k max at most games especially if these lousy results continue.

Reaction Score
Impossible situation .
Herbst will look to the board of trustees and Larry McHugh.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Article 12 - Diaco picks his assistants.
He has the right to select and retain all assistants with approval of the AD. There is sufficient room there for DB to a) not approve of the return of a coup!e of assistants and b) provide input in the redeployment of remaining staff and selection of new assistants.

I imagine that P's contract had similar language (it looks to be very standard) and he had to demote his buddy and add TJ an assistant he had no prior relationship with but the AD did.

Reaction Score
I think it's a legit possibility that this guy is an undiagnosed bipolar disorder. I'd recommend physician evaluation and review of Article 10 -1(a).

Who knows - if the guy starts taking medication - he might actually be a really good head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom