Diaco's debut at Nebraska | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Diaco's debut at Nebraska

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm with barstool when they state they have no idea what the following quote is supposed to mean...

...In some instances, discretion is the better part of valor, and what could be seen as trying to stop the opponent ends up working against you when you have a particular opponent and particular style of play....” -Bob Diaco

Barstool Sports

He does speak in a code that is a full time job to decipher, but my years of experience have made it a bit easier at this point. I think what he's actually trying to say is that overly aggressive defenses may look like they're trying to stop an offense, but said aggression may be counterproductive and lead to explosive plays.

Reaction Score
He does speak in a code that is a full time job to decipher, but my years of experience have made it a bit easier at this point. I think what he's actually trying to say is that overly aggressive defenses may look like they're trying to stop an offense, but said aggression may be counterproductive and lead to explosive plays.

"I don't want to take risk because there might be downside . . ."

Reaction Score

That's the Don Brown defense. He's a good DC but I'm in the minority here in that I wasn't a huge fan of his when he was here. He wasn't the DC that Todd Orlando was here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the bloom came off of Diaco's rose in pretty short order. Someone claiming that only they saw though him at the time has a selective memory.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"I don't want to take risk because there might be downside . . ."
"I want to justify my refusal to take risk by suggesting that being proactive might have been worse."

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since our game got canceled, all of my rooting efforts will go toward the ducks hanging 80 on Diaco's defense. I want to see Nebraska get buried.
He's gone. I'd like to think I'm mature enough not to root against a team just because Red Pants is on the sidelines for them.

I'd like to think it, but it's not true. Go Ducks!

upload_2017-9-9_11-55-15.jpeg

Reaction Score
Herbstreit just picked Nebraska to beat Oregon on College Gameday. One of his reasons was Nebraska having Bobby Diaco. Maybe he thinks Diaco was at Notre Dame last season and the whole UCONN thing never happened...

Reaction Score
The Fox pre-game crew was mocking Diaco a little. I didn't watch his presser but apparently he said something along the lines of the previous game going according to plan.

Reaction Score
That's the Don Brown defense. He's a good DC but I'm in the minority here in that I wasn't a huge fan of his when he was here. He wasn't the DC that Todd Orlando was here.
It got shredded by Western Michigan at home, but it also battered Teddy Bridgewater and led a huge upset on the road. I loved the aggression but you need exceptional cover corners for it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
His knew plan is to tire them out.

Reaction Score
21-7 Ducks after 1Q. That definitely looks like Diaco's defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom