DHam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DHam

Reaction Score
His apathy about the college experience has been well documented.
The comments of idiots on this board does not make something "well documented".

And I've never met Jeff Adrien, yet from watching his play and on-court demeanor I can say without controversy that he is a tough SOB. Why can I not conclude the opposite about Hamilton?
Yeah, you have equally little clue about who or what Jeff Adrien is as a person.

Reaction Score
How many times do we have to go through this Dham was going to leave after 2 years no matter what his draft prospects were, there is nothing that Uconn could have done what are you gonna do. What Dham does on the professional level is on him and what Uconn does from here on out is on Uconn, this day and age in college basketball you always have to be ready to adapt it sucks that Dham is left but what are you gonna do cry.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You're so smart Tenspro. To have no interaction with Daniel Hamilton at all yet know that he was lukewarm about the program and know he had no toughness is amazing.

Some people say things they probably don't really mean to say
Its my opinion that DHam just didn't care for college and saw himself as a person who would make his money playing basketball. There were many "reports" that he didn't care for the academic aspect of school and was actually leaning towards leaving Storrs after his freshman year.
As for his toughness, I disagree with Tens on this. I think his build and his style made him look as if he had a problem with the physical part of the game but he was asked to do so much his sophomore year and while he had his lows, he had many good attributes and moments. I really liked DHam but thought he should have stayed one more year. I wish he had Rudy Gay's body and quickness because he would have been dynamite. To me he was much "tougher" that Rudy

Reaction Score
It's fair to surmise that DHam liked basketball much more than the college experience.

Regardless, if he's on the Huskies this year we are much, much better. My guess is we're 0 or 1 loss.

But...water under the bridge, over the dam, into the sea, to grandmother's house.

Reaction Score
As for his toughness, I disagree with Tens on this. I think his build and his style made him look as if he had a problem with the physical part of the game but he was asked to do so much his sophomore year and while he had his lows, he had many good attributes and moments.

To clarify, when I talk about a lack of toughness, I meant more the mental than physical aspect of the game. For a guy who arguably should have been a team leader, given his on-court ball-dominance and overall talent, he spent way too much time sulking and showing that hang-dog look when things were going poorly.

He clearly made the team better, otherwise we wouldn't be bemoaning his absence this year. Without him on the team last year, we're probably looking at a program-killing 3-year NCAAT drought (including this year). In that sense it's impossible not to be grateful that he was here.

That said, he may go down as the least-accomplished early entrant in program history.

Reaction Score
Thabeet set the bar pretty low.

Not what I meant. I meant "guy who left for the draft with the least impressive resume".

Thabeet was a 2x BE DPOY, national DPOY, BE co-POY, and 2nd team AA, and his team went to the Final Four.

Hamilton was AAC ROY (in a weak field), 2nd team All-AAC (in a weak conference), and AACT MOP (ditto), and his team no-showed in the 2nd round.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Word was that Hamilton was lukewarm on College, not necessarily UConn.
Lukewarm?!?!

You mean "committing" without actually signing an LOI is lukewarm?

More like cold and clammy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lukewarm?!?!

You mean "committing" without actually signing an LOI is lukewarm?

More like cold and clammy.
Not my word. I was just responding to another poster. However seeing as Hamilton actually donned a UConn jersey for two seasons over any other college, his commitment to UConn was at least lukewarm as compared to his commitment to UCLA, for example.

Reaction Score
What is it about this season so far that gave you the impression we were a D-Ham away from surging back to relevance? This team still has at least a couple of losses if he's on the roster.

3 things. Rebounding, rebounding and rebounding.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You're so smart Tenspro. To have no interaction with Daniel Hamilton at all yet know that he was lukewarm about the program and know he had no toughness is amazing.

It's always a mixed bag when someone refers to a poster I've ignored: blindly confirms my good judgment, makes me wonder why others haven't followed suit, and reminds me to lighten up if pride does indeed cometh before the fall.

Reaction Score
Not what I meant. I meant "guy who left for the draft with the least impressive resume".

Thabeet was a 2x BE DPOY, national DPOY, BE co-POY, and 2nd team AA, and his team went to the Final Four.

Hamilton was AAC ROY (in a weak field), 2nd team All-AAC (in a weak conference), and AACT MOP (ditto), and his team no-showed in the 2nd round.
Oh I see. If we're going that way I'd go Drummond. That whole team underperformed wildly.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
El-Amin even more so. He was gone after one season.
Wasn't El-Amin a second rounder? He also made a decent living over seas. Thabeet was the 2nd pick...not of a team. Not 2nd round. He was the second pick overall.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Wasn't El-Amin a second rounder? He also made a decent living over seas. Thabeet was the 2nd pick...not of a team. Not 2nd round. He was the second pick overall.

Right, that's why you could say he was more accomplished in regard to lasting in the NBA, even though he failed miserably in comparison to expectations. I guess that's debatable though, kind of a quality/quantity thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Right, that's why you could say he was more accomplished in regard to lasting in the NBA, even though he failed miserably in comparison to expectations. I guess that's debatable though, kind of a quality/quantity thing.

For the record, tens was referring to accomplishments at UCONN. Khalid would be closer to top of the list vis a vis accomplishments.

Reaction Score
Of course I don't wish ill upon him, and any success he has in the NBA will benefit the program. But I also don't hold him in the same regard that I do guys like Boat, Shabazz, etc. who actually accomplished something here and clearly relished the opportunity.
It's funny to see you put Boat in the category of "relishing the opportunity" given that he wanted to leave early every year starting with his freshman year.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
For the record, tens was referring to accomplishments at UCONN. Khalid would be closer to top of the list vis a vis accomplishments.

In that case yes, I agree 100%

Reaction Score
The announcers on the UCLA - OSU game commented a couple times on Isaac Hamilton's experience and how his staying would "bring him the Hamiltons". Made me sad. (Good for Isaac though).

We would have survived the 3 headed injury monster and if nothing else, he made Amidah better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom