DHam | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DHam

Reaction Score
Really good rebounder, mediocre at best all other aspects of game. It obvious he wasn't into academics with the decision to leave school early.

The Turkish pro league awaits you.

Reaction Score
The announcers on the UCLA - OSU game commented a couple times on Isaac Hamilton's experience and how his staying would "bring him the Hamiltons". Made me sad. (Good for Isaac though).

We would have survived the 3 headed injury monster and if nothing else, he made Amidah better.

I love Isaac's game, really nice college player for sure. Not so sure the "hamilton's" are a given here either. As a matter of fact I would find it more believable if Daniel found a niche in the NBA at some point and he wasn't as good of a college player overall.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Really good rebounder, mediocre at best all other aspects of game.

Just a simple 1 example refutation. He was the best passer on the team by far, and in a vacuum, quite skilled at that.

Reaction Score
DHam is making either 25K or 19K a season. Wouldn't he be better off playing in Europe, particularly the Spanish pro league? You watch the NBA draft and you know there are scouts all over the place there. Plus he would likely make 6 figures or close. Just a thought.....

Reaction Score
DHam is making either 25K or 19K a season. Wouldn't he be better off playing in Europe, particularly the Spanish pro league? You watch the NBA draft and you know there are scouts all over the place there. Plus he would likely make 6 figures or close. Just a thought.....
With the way he's evidently playing, he could be in the league very soon

Reaction Score

Not to hate on the kid or anything, I'm not one of those that thinks he "owed us" anything, but it is pretty funny to think that his total "compensation" would be higher in college than it is in the D league.

C

Chief00

Mayyyyybe. He made other players on the team better, and he knew how to play with them. We definitely still might have a loss or two, but it's hard to predict what this season would have looked like with him on the roster.

I think at the end of the day there are a lot of reasons he left. But he didn't want to compete with Larrier for minutes, or end up playing the 4 for another year. If he stayed, who's to say where we'd be? But I wouldn't rule out undefeated and ranked in the top 10. Seems plausible.

I don't know why everyone assumes he would be competing with Larrier. I would see them both playing at the same time. DHam is vey flexible and in college can play multiple positions.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The announcers on the UCLA - OSU game commented a couple times on Isaac Hamilton's experience and how his staying would "bring him the Hamiltons". Made me sad. (Good for Isaac though).

We would have survived the 3 headed injury monster and if nothing else, he made Amidah better.
They said that once when he threw an alley-opp to Ball - they were talking about Ball making the Hamiltons - they said "from Hamilton to someone who will be making a ton of Hamiltons"
Isaac did have a nice game though but I don't think he will be in the league - Europe for sure and probably earning more than DHam

Reaction Score
The dude is a stat stuffer. He can really play, just not real athletic by NBA standards, be he has game.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think he's better suited at that level, than in college? Seems like he's improved mentally in the D-league, but maybe his style of play is better suited?

Reaction Score
Does anyone think he's better suited at that level, than in college? Seems like he's improved mentally in the D-league, but maybe his style of play is better suited?
He's best suited to any team where he can be the secondary creator and tertiary scoring option. More likely to find that in the pros than in college, so the answer to your question is provably "yes."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Loved waking up this morning and seeing these highlights. I really want this guy to succeed. We miss him this year.

That's the D-League version of "Now there's a steal by Bird, underneath to DJ who lays it in!".

Reaction Score
He's best suited to any team where he can be the secondary creator and tertiary scoring option. More likely to find that in the pros than in college, so the answer to your question is provably "yes."
I agree with you in theory but do you really see him being the secondary ballhandler and third scorer on an NBA team?

C

Chief00

I agree with you in theory but do you really see him being the secondary ballhandler and third scorer on an NBA team?
Imagine DHam in Motown with Dre - if he could get Brimah a few dunks a game imagine Dre?

Reaction Score
I can only wonder "what if" had he come back. There's the obvious question of would the injuries have happened because of the butterfly effect but I think this team could have been really good this year.

C

Chief00

I can only wonder "what if" had he come back. There's the obvious question of would the injuries have happened because of the butterfly effect but I think this team could have been really good this year.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
Not full time, but I could see him filling that role with certain bench groups, sort of like Evan Turner did last year for the Celtics.

If he keeps on knocking down 3s, a guy who can pass and rebound like he does will get a shot. There's still the good chance that he's not athletic enough to make it work, but then again there's the chance that he is.

People who wrote/write off his chances entirely are foolish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom