Dez has three visiting this weekend | The Boneyard

Dez has three visiting this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well look who has a scoop.....what's good??????

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. All new names that were not on the ESPN recruiting site for UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering with the new, strong recruiting staff if we can expect more information to trickle to out to Dez, etc., to help a) build the fan base and b) potentially help/influence recruiting

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Holy moly! All 3 are HUGE bodies! 6-6, 6-5, and 6-4??? Can they rebound? My goodness, now these are "prototype" bodies. I'm excited about Ratliff's sister being enrolled at UCONN. Hopefully, that gives us an edge. And Diggs is a 6-4 OLB? Once he fills out, that is some serious size that could be used as one beast of a pass-rusher. I also like the amount of NJ kids I see coming to campus. Recruiting NJ well is critically important to UCONN's success. Bring 'em in Coach!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the ACC triangle teams were pursuing Ratliff since WF is the town just north of Raleigh, 15 min. To NC ST. and 25 min. to Duke and 40 min. to. UNC. Also WFU is just two hours away.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the ACC triangle teams were pursuing Ratliff since WF is the town just north of Raleigh, 15 min. To NC ST. and 25 min. to Duke and 40 min. to. UNC. Also WFU is just two hours away.
Not sure, but one thing that was mentioned about Ratliff, which would bode well for us, is his sister is an athlete at UCONN...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
One recruiting site has Diggs rated as Ball State's best overall recruit. Hopefully not for long.

I wonder if UCONN and Ball State made a deal: you can keep Lembo but you have to give us Diggs! Good deal for UCONN, I'd say.

Reaction Score

Just recently started drawing interest from Wake Forest.

Had offers from both Harvard and Yale as well as Air Force among others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Trey Ratliff, a 6-foot-5, 275-pound offensive tackle is from Heritage High in Wake Forest, N.C. His sister, Karson, will be a senior on the volleyball team next season. Ratliff had orally committed to Army in October but is exploring options. - Video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/311724/highlights/61174380

Vontae Diggs, a 6-4, 200-pound outside linebacker from Downers Grove, Ill., who gave Ball State a commitment earlier this month, also will visit. - Video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9334099

Derek Allen, a 6-6, 280-pound offensive tackle from Edison (N.J.) High, also is visiting. Video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/682074/highlights/116952375

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-uconn-football-0125-20140124,0,91892.story

Video links added if interested.

Reaction Score
Regarding the NC kid - its almost as cold down here in NC (41-20 is today's range in greensboro) as it is up there. So whereas NC can legitimately say its unseasonably cold, perhaps the Nutmeggers can (tongue in cheek) say the same thing today to Trey.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The good thing about the kid Army offered is there should be no worries about his academic efforts.

What I like best about the three above names is that if each adds 10lbs a year (not unreasonable by any stretch) they will be very quality size by the time they should potentiall see the field of play.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Just recently started drawing interest from Wake Forest.

Had offers from both Harvard and Yale as well as Air Force among others.
Must be a bright kid... here's hoping that we land him.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Know very little about the source, but if accurate, sounds like good news!

#COMPETE ‏@core6athletes56m
#UConn has offered CORE6 LB from Downers Grove North Vontae Diggs.
Interesting. Wonder if the visit/interest was due in part to Diaco having connections at Core 6. Based on their staff, they're B1G-heavy but due to the proximity to ND would probably have close contacts with the Irish staff.

Reaction Score
Know very little about the source, but if accurate, sounds like good news!

#COMPETE ‏@core6athletes56m
#UConn has offered CORE6 LB from Downers Grove North Vontae Diggs.

Had just dumped this into 2014 Recruiting Thread and was heading here :cool:
Interesting. Wonder if the visit/interest was due in part to Diaco having connections at Core 6. Based on their staff, they're B1G-heavy but due to the proximity to ND would probably have close contacts with the Irish staff.

or Patterson @ Western Illinois. Either way - nice new recruiting ground to have connections in.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
All three guys are interesting and could be very helpful. Diggs in particular has a very interesting highlight reel with impact plays at QB, several kick off returners, WR, DE and OLB. I'd like to see him develop at OLB because he is willing to lower the pads on D when making hits (and because of his speed/size combo)..that said, he also has the potential to be another G Davis type WR too with those excellent hands.

Reaction Score
Diggs film looks nice, Get him in the weight room he can be scary good and be the best linebacker we ever had.
Love the way he finishes plays! Diaco will have several options as he can play many positions. And he returns kicks! You are right, a couple of years in the weight room and he would be a terrific OLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom