Developer plots mega-sports complex in W. Locks with stadiums, hotels, 500 jobs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Developer plots mega-sports complex in W. Locks with stadiums, hotels, 500 jobs

Reaction Score

>>The Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau (CTCSB) estimates the tournament's economic impact is over $2.1 million and will generate nearly $126,000 in states sales tax as attendees visit local restaurants, hotels, stores and nearby attractions.

CTCSB, the state's official meetings and sports event sales and marketing organization, is managing the tournament's hotel bookings for the fourth consecutive year. The organization says it booked more than 2,600 rooms at 25 hotels in East Hartford, Manchester, Windsor, East Windsor, Windsor Locks, Glastonbury, Rocky Hill, Meriden and Farmington.<<

Reaction Score

>>The Connecticut Convention & Sports Bureau (CTCSB) estimates the tournament's economic impact is over $2.1 million and will generate nearly $126,000 in states sales tax as attendees visit local restaurants, hotels, stores and nearby attractions.

CTCSB, the state's official meetings and sports event sales and marketing organization, is managing the tournament's hotel bookings for the fourth consecutive year. The organization says it booked more than 2,600 rooms at 25 hotels in East Hartford, Manchester, Windsor, East Windsor, Windsor Locks, Glastonbury, Rocky Hill, Meriden and Farmington.<<

Daughter will be playing in this tourney next week. Travel ball is a pretty big thing (baseball & softball). A fair amount of regional tourneys that draw big #’s. I expect the Windsor softball complex (when complete) will do quite well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Never heard of pickleball. An off shoot of tennis?
This was a big deal in the complex I was stayed at in FL this winter. I'd never noticed before either.

Reaction Score
Check out the HBO Real Sports story on Youth Sports. The market will soon be over saturated, but it is booming right now. I am not sure you need two stadiums, but that is just the initial plan. How often do initial plans for sports venues actually make it as the final product?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom