Developer plots mega-sports complex in W. Locks with stadiums, hotels, 500 jobs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Developer plots mega-sports complex in W. Locks with stadiums, hotels, 500 jobs

Reaction Score
That's exactly my question--Its why I am confused What adjacent property in WINDSOR LOCKS are you talking about?
Whoopsie. Yeah, I'm talking about the softball park in Windsor that I'm involved with. The Windsor Locks development will never happen (so says my softball park guy). Gotta scroll back a bit.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
European soccer teams can be flown in direct from Dublin.
<<<Posted in a half-snarky manner>>>

Reaction Score
European soccer teams can be flown in direct from Dublin.
<<<Posted in a half-snarky manner>>>

It's actually not that snarky. Clubs around my town send kids to Northern Ireland, Germany and Denmark for tournaments. And a few teams in those areas do as well. Pec Zwolle in Holland recently sent a team here.

Reaction Score
Personally, I liked it better when it was all tobacco fields. We never locked our doors. Glad I moved when I did.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you the market that is out of control (not that it's the best fit for this) but the 20-30 year old market for organized sports is insane in CT. For any of the younger crowd on here, you know what I'm talking about. What started as WAKA (World Adult Kickball Association), yes I swear this is a real thing...has now turned into Club WAKA where they have leagues with hundred and hundreds of participants every night of the week playing kickball, flag football, sand volleyball, dodgeball, etc. etc. You name it and they're doing it. I'm still amazed that WAKA hasn't built some kind of complex in CT where they can house all of these events. It's huge and seems to be growing and from what I understand pretty much every session of every sport offered "sells out" and there's limited availability.

Now I don't see how this helps two 6,000 seat stadiums, but I'm just bringing up that if there is a market in CT that's strong, this is it. Honestly, WAKA would probably kill it with some kind of complex like the one that used to be in Vernon (only for baseball/softball) because they could use fields for all of their different sports.

Do you think a 6,000 seat stadium will be enough to corral the kickball explosion?

Reaction Score
... Also, his recent comment about the Windsor Locks development: "Yes we know this well. This person/company is a known joke. They have left a trail of failed announcements and towns holding the bag many times. They tried this first with Windsor. They actually have mo money and this will NEVER happen."

@Bezzz for the win... :p;)

Windsor Locks Suspends Talks With Sports Complex Developer

>>Windsor Locks Officials have abruptly halted further negotiations with a Long Island developer who has proposed building a $150-200 million sports complex in their town, First Selectman Chris Kervick said in an email Monday.

Kervick said the decision was “based on new information,” but declined to explain what that new information involved. Borgia failed to return calls for comment on the town’s sudden decision to suspend negotiations on his massive “All Sports Village” proposal that was unveiled only a week ago.<<

Reaction Score
Out West these types of venues are good bets. Obviously, soccer is huge, but now lacross is really taking off, and guess what, pickelball venues going up all over.

Reaction Score
Is this the same guy that tried to buy the Islanders with no money?

Reaction Score
Out West these types of venues are good bets. Obviously, soccer is huge, but now lacross is really taking off, and guess what, pickelball venues going up all over.

Pickleball is fastest growing sport in country. They are also the worst people to do work for as they question every single aspect of the playing lines, how it's being set up, the color, etc. For the most part it's pickleball lines being put on existing courts as the secondary game and I've witnessed heated arguments between pickleball players and tennis players when pickleball players want to use the court.

In Jersey somewhere last year they they had so many issues with pickleball vs tennis players the city built stand alone pickleball courts to avoid the issues and constant harassment of complaints from pickleball players

Reaction Score
Actually these type facilities are a proven concept. Here is some facts (sorry) from Real Sports.

Scroll down the link below and you can see how many cities and towns have invested (or are investing in) youth sports complexes.

youth sports, basketball, complex - YouTube

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Pickleball is fastest growing sport in country. They are also the worst people to do work for as they question every single aspect of the playing lines, how it's being set up, the color, etc. For the most part it's pickleball lines being put on existing courts as the secondary game and I've witnessed heated arguments between pickleball players and tennis players when pickleball players want to use the court.

In Jersey somewhere last year they they had so many issues with pickleball vs tennis players the city built stand alone pickleball courts to avoid the issues and constant harassment of complaints from pickleball players
There are a bunch of empty tennis courts all over my town that the pickleball hordes have yet to sample.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pickle ball is a big thing now? I just remember it being the game everyone hated in gym class

Reaction Score
Wait the paddles and ball you hit around at the beach? People get in fights trying to take over tennis courts playing that? Just lol

Reaction Score
It's big amongst old people

Yes it's primarily 55+ crowd who were tennis players and now their legs and moving around isn't what it use to be. They still have their hand eye coordination so pickleball is the perfect game to pick up.

I saw a game at a park between two 80 year olds just giving it to these two 30ish guys. They were destroying them and talking smack lol

Reaction Score
Yes it's primarily 55+ crowd who were tennis players and now their legs and moving around isn't what it use to be. They still have their hand eye coordination so pickleball is the perfect game to pick up.

I saw a game at a park between two 80 year olds just giving it to these two 30ish guys. They were destroying them and talking smack lol

Pickleball is very popular. The scoring is kind of annoying. It's like a 3-set score that is confusing.

Reaction Score
Pickleball is very popular. The scoring is kind of annoying. It's like a 3-set score that is confusing.
Never heard of pickleball. An off shoot of tennis?

Reaction Score
We have cobblestone BB courts here in Amsterdam. One right behind my building. Works wonders for ball handling. They also play this wierd game called corfball. Still have not figured this one out.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

1/2 court and a different racket. Becoming increasing more popular the the over 50 crowd.

Reaction Score

Tennis that's more of a hybrid of ping pong. Similar lines to volleyball, the racket is bigger than a ping pong paddle and the ball resembles a wiffle ball. It's great for seniors because when you play doubles and the ball goes onto your side of the court you can hit it over with minimal movement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom