Destroy the Ducks Game Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Destroy the Ducks Game Thread

Reaction Score
Big win. They showed some things we've been missing the last few years.

Like enough players to win a tough game. And leadership. Multiple guys who can handle the ball and want it down the stretch. That might not be the last time we see 4 guards +1 when we need to go against pressure.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
A win is a win but MSU is going to exploit this team unless they play a full 40 minutes. That should’ve been a 15 point W.
Refs definetly did what they could to suck the life outta this one too.

We missed a lot of free throws. That was a factor

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did Pastner just say that academics is BS?

Reaction Score
Agree team is finding themselves, while winning! Much better mind set than finding yourself after losses.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what happened to Mamadou? Missed him tonight and Above the Rim view has no talking

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what happened to Mamadou? Missed him tonight and Above the Rim view has no talking
Too foul prone right now.

Reaction Score

Looks like he is buried on the bench. This has been a weird situation. Didn't KO say that he got limited minutes in the last preseason game because he was already the starter? Which wasn't even logical to begin with considering how much AG, JA etc played.

Reaction Score
This half is Exhibit A for the limitations of heart and hustle as sufficient to win a basketball game.

You need to have shooters or you need some creativity in your offense. KO has given us neither.

My god you are brutal. You have to realize how miserable all of your posts are, right? You're either a troll or you need a new hobby.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Really strange to not see him especially with Cobb out, and DO and Carlton battling foul trouble

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My god you are brutal. You have to realize how miserable all of your posts are, right? You're either a troll or you need a new hobby.
I've had a good enough night that I'm going to bed rather than show who you're quoting.
Thanks all for sharing Thanksgiving with me after the guests went home.

Reaction Score

I give him credit that he's at least here being miserable, whereas a couple notable others haven't made a peep tonight.

Reaction Score
KO made a tough decision going with 4 guards and not bringing in a Polley, Whaley or Diarra. It was the right one obviously and showed we have 4 of the toughest guards in the country. Big rebounds, FT's and solid defense for the win. What Dana won't tell you is while they were smaller they created havoc for these guys putting the ball on the floor and then they boxed out on rebounds better than some of our bigs. That was beautiful stuff to watch.

This wasn't a pretty win, wasn't a win against a team who will be on the top 25 this year more than likely but it is a signature win. They proved they will play much differently than they did last year.If you don't like what you saw last night and aren't smiling then I know who you are!;)

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
KO made a tough decision going with 4 guards and not bringing in a Polley, Whaley or Diarra. It was the right one obviously and showed we have 4 of the toughest guards in the country. Big rebounds, FT's and solid defense for the win. What Dana won't tell you is while they were smaller they created havoc for these guys putting the ball on the floor and then they boxed out on rebounds better than some of our bigs. That was beautiful stuff to watch.

This wasn't a pretty win, wasn't a win against a team who will be on the top 25 this year more than likely but it is a signature win. They proved they will play much differently than they did last year.If you don't like what you saw last night and aren't smiling then I know who you are!;)
On rebounding the success of our shorter but determined guards should be lesson one that position, anticipation, boxing out and ‘wanting it’ are more important than height or bulk.

Reaction Score

I got a little pumped when Vital came out of that last rebound foul holding the ball up like a trophy. Awesome that he goes up in that tangle of bodies and comes out with the rebound. I like the grit and hustle the team shows. That's the kind of stuff that wins or at least keeps you in games where the ball isn't falling. And all the better when the shots drop. 8 fouls 5 minutes into the second half irked me a little though.. but those refs were calling every little bump both ways.. so we wound up in the bonus shortly after too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom