Des Connor- This Isn't A Coaching Thing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Des Connor- This Isn't A Coaching Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Desmond Conner will defend HCPP to the end. And don't forget, Desmond bashes HCRE constantly, even after he's long gone, yet refuses to acknowledge that HCPP would love to have the same results as HCRE.

Reaction Score
I'm calling this now: now that Desmond has been called out for throwing the players under the bus to defend HCPP, he will next blame the facilities or lack of administrative support for HCPP's next failure.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Lets not insult clowns -- Clowns are smarter!! :)

I don't know about that. Clowns make minimal money (with very few exceptions) for publicly embarrassing themselves, casting their self respect and dignity aside. P & GDL combined are make roughly $2 million this year for doing the same. You tell me who is smarter.

Reaction Score
Des Connor is a joke. Can't believe I liked the guy years ago, he is an absolute clown.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. Clowns make minimal money (with very few exceptions) for publicly embarrassing themselves, casting their self respect and dignity aside. P & GDL combined are make roughly $2 million this year for doing the same. You tell me who is smarter.

No, Dez Connor is the Clown...PP and GDL are thieves IMHO!!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Quote from the article:
This isn't only a coaching thing. It's time for the captains, Greene, junior linebacker Yawin Smallwood and senior defensive tackle Shamar Stephen to step up and gather this team to make sure it doesn't break apart.

In reading the updated version of this paragraph my take from it is that DC has lost confidence in the coaches leading the team and is calling for the captains to keep things together.

Reaction Score
Des is stilling shilling and Apologizing for Coach Ozymandias. No surprise. Still no reason t read him and take his moronic reporting seriously.

Reaction Score
10 paragraphs from the top or 7 paragraphs from bottom.

"This isn't only a coaching thing. It's time for the captains, Greene, junior linebacker Yawin Smallwood and senior defensive tackle Shamar Stephen to step up and gather this team to make sure it doesn't break apart."

"You know what it is? You've got to quit all the talking, quit all the woulda, coulda, shouldas and get back to work," Greene said. "We've got to get ready and prepare for Maryland and come back out and execute everywhere better than we did."

Something tells me FfldCntyFn doesn't want a reason to like Des , whether he writes fair assessments or not

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Something tells me FfldCntyFn doesn't want a reason to like Des , whether he writes fair assessments or not

That isn't it at all. I am merely sick of Des taking P's lead and pointing the blame at everyone else. If you look at that article today, whoever did the editing skewered it beyond recognition and even changed the title.

After nearly 24 hours to reflect I have come to agree with Des that it is not a coaching thing. What I see is a lack of coaching thing.

Reaction Score
You cant blame dez for that. There were idiots calling for the coaches head since the loss to Vanderbilt.
Those "idiots" don't look so stupid now. Again, say what you will about the Boneyard, there are some pretty insightful and knowledgable folks. They may be critical and harsh but they know the game. There are those who could see teams being unprepared, kids not executing and poor in-game management for a long while. Many rightly and reasonably excused it as transition to a new system and personnel mismatch. Others rightly saw a systemic problem being borne out week over week. Tell take signs include no meaningful improvement over the season or from season to season.

Anybody left defending PO and GDL are either clueless or have an agenda other than winning.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am an idiot who thought Vandy was a clear sign this staff was cooked.

I don't really have a problem with the final version of Dez' story. Maybe he changed it because some folks jumped on him - but it's hard to disagree that after that loss leadership from the player's is a key piece in potentially righting the ship.

The real problem Des has is that he played the lack of talent card, but P's classes seem less talented than what Edsall left.

Reaction Score
Those "idiots" don't look so stupid now. Again, say what you will about the Boneyard, there are some pretty insightful and knowledgable folks. They may be critical and harsh but they know the game. There are those who could see teams being unprepared, kids not executing and poor in-game management for a long while. Many rightly and reasonably excused it as transition to a new system and personnel mismatch. Others rightly saw a systemic problem being borne out week over week. Tell take signs include no meaningful improvement over the season or from season to season.

Anybody left defending PO and GDL are either clueless or have an agenda other than winning.

1. Where did it say i was referring to boneyarders. I was referring to people chatting with dez or emailing his questions

2. Anybody judging a coach in their first 3 games o a school doesn't have enough data to make. A decision they are just being emotional over not getting the coach they want

Reaction Score
I am an idiot who thought Vandy was a clear sign this staff was cooked.

I don't really have a problem with the final version of Dez' story. Maybe he changed it because some folks jumped on him - but it's hard to disagree that after that loss leadership from the player's is a key piece in potentially righting the ship.

The real problem Des has is that he played the lack of talent card, but P's classes seem less talented than what Edsall left.
So you have the uncanny ability to see the future after three games. Please tell me what team you are GM for.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you have the uncanny ability to see the future after three games. Please tell me what team you are GM for.

The day he was hired I declared it a disaster. If you'd like to continue to pretend that wasn't true more power to you. Sometimes others are right and you are wrong. This is one of those times. Just stop and cut your losses because your continued blathering is just making you look foolish.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, what we saw last thursday wasn't the future. It was a replay of the same things we saw time and time again last year. Unprepared, unimaginative play calling, no emotion, disorganized line play, poor time management, undisciplined sideline management. You can go back over two years and its the same thing over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom