Des Connor- This Isn't A Coaching Thing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Des Connor- This Isn't A Coaching Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yes, the errors are correctable. They have been for the past two plus seasons. I'm curious as to when the coaches will begin correcting them.

This....

I'd accept this if it was year one of PP but this is the third year and we have seen ZERO change. Poor clock management, horrible play calling, poor OLine play, lack of halftime adjustments, we could go on and on. This is totally on the coaches as our free-fall is solely on them.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
All these posts are not GOOD! Need a life boat?

Reaction Score
Desmond loves HCPP because he's a Syracuse fan. He will throwing the UCONN players under the bus just to defend HCPP. Just ask Desmond about replacing HCPP on his Courant chat and he'll berate the person asking the question or try to push it aside with some sarcastic comment that has nothing to do with the question.

To put it simply, Desmond does not support UCONN unless it fits his agenda.

Reaction Score
Desmond loves HCPP because he's a Syracuse fan. He will throwing the UCONN players under the bus just to defend HCPP. Just ask Desmond about replacing HCPP on his Courant chat and he'll berate the person asking the question or try to push it aside with some sarcastic comment that has nothing to do with the question.

You cant blame dez for that. There were idiots calling for the coaches head since the loss to Vanderbilt.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@WeTakeTheStairs flipped out about it last night after someone else noted that line. Guessing Dez heard about it on twitter. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant to say "it's not only the coaches"... and it's not his job or any of the Horde's job to "support UConn", though he does fall on the side of criticizing players first before criticizing coaches.

Reaction Score
You cant blame dez for that. There were idiots calling for the coaches head since the loss to Vanderbilt.

Please. Nobody was calling for a firing then. But in the chat that followed Des defended P even though people were certainly right to question PP for throwing the ball at midfield on third down with 7 minutes left with a walk on QB, a defense playing out of its mind (you know, the untalented defense that has 4 guys in the NFL). But that game certainly was a red flag for everything else that has followed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Bingo.

I got into an online debate with Dez (until I finally gave up as it was hopeless) in the middle of last season after he wrote an article about the deficiency of talent that P had to work with. During the debate he claimed that we had no right (in terms of talent) being on the same field as Rutgers and that the offensive production early in the buffalo & Temple games was evidence of the abilities of the coaching staff.

I felt like I was pounding my head against a cinderblock wall.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The craziest thing in that article is that Smallwood didn't think he committed pass interference? What?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm going to call out Des on this in his next chat just to hear his response. Will he even admit that he made a mistake or will he claim that we are making up something just to make him look bad?

He won't even take your question...those chats are a waste of bandwith

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This isn't worth the time other than to say the NFL disagrees with you Des and exactly what has the staff changed to make this year better than last year?

Maybe it's time for Des to move on since he clearly can't cover this team with any objectivity.

Reaction Score
This isn't worth the time other than to say the NFL disagrees with you Des and exactly what has the staff changed to make this year better than last year?

Maybe it's time for Des to move on since he clearly can't cover this team with any objectivity.

Agree 100%.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got to "By Desmond Conner" and made the decision to ask my girlfriend what she was thinking about instead of reading any further.

It wasn't the most pleasant 90 minutes of my life but it got me laid instead of me feeling neglected and lied to.
Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought this would happen to me...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought this would happen to me...

Does that (Penthouse Forum) still exist? I haven't seen it since I was an undergrad (a bit more than 30 years ago).

Reaction Score
To be fair you omitted the word "only" from the title of the thread. After reading the article and the context it was used. It didn't seem that bad. The article was basically the captains saying they had to do their part to hold this team together also.
the article was well written. people need to move on.
All Des was sayin was that the captains need to step up and bring this team back. Otherwise, one game could spiral into 3 or 4, and then the season is really lost.
I was at the game. It sucked from every angle. The atmosphere sucked, the energy level sucked, the teams performance sucked, the coaching sucked, the band sucked, the fans sucked, and even the pretty face of Uconn sucked (whatever her name is). the only positive coming out of that game was the sound system. Not sure what they did, but it was clear, loud, and sounded really good.

That game is over and now it's time to learn about what went wrong. Maryland is coming to town and a win would very much neutralize this loss. That's all Des was saying.

People need to put down their magnifying glasses and stop trying to find every little piece of crap comment, picture, or article to prove a point. I think everyone gets it. Time to move on.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
the article was well written. people need to move on.
All Des was sayin was that the captains need to step up and bring this team back. Otherwise, one game could spiral into 3 or 4, and then the season is really lost.
I was at the game. It sucked from every angle. The atmosphere sucked, the energy level sucked, the teams performance sucked, the coaching sucked, the band sucked, the fans sucked, and even the pretty face of Uconn sucked (whatever her name is). the only positive coming out of that game was the sound system. Not sure what they did, but it was clear, loud, and sounded really good.

That game is over and now it's time to learn about what went wrong. Maryland is coming to town and a win would very much neutralize this loss. That's all Des was saying.

People need to put down their magnifying glasses and stop trying to find every little piece of crap comment, picture, or article to prove a point. I think everyone gets it. Time to move on.

You are acting like this is a one-off occurance. For the record, given the day of the week, the pending holiday, the opponent I thought the crowd was excellent at the start. Louder than the numbers in attendence, cheering, I even liked the students chanting "You can't do that!" after the first Towson penalty. It lasted about half a quarter before that sinking feeling started to set in. After Towson took the lead, that was it. Oh, everyone still pulled for a comeback and cheered the positive plays, but as Towson pulled away and the same issues from last season became frustratingly obvious, it seeemed pointless. That's what happens when a program loses it's fan base. We're talking 10 year season tickets holders, the people who donate to the program, travel to bowl games and make this board one of the most active in the old BE and new AAC.

This is not on the players, I'm convinced of that. Why? Last years 5-7 team had two starting NFL CB's a starting NFL LB, another All-Conference LB, The BE sack leader, an NFL TE, and two WR who are on NFL practice squads. Not to mention, a JUCO All-American QB and a 1000 yd RB. 5-7? 5 and friucking 7! No, when the same old same old showed itself Thursday night, the same lack of running, the same unimaginative play calling, the same ineffective blocking schemes and now an unimpressive defensive scheme, any doubt about what the problems are evaporated.

Maybe the players can step up and show it won't be as bad as it looks. Maybe we beat MD, give Michigan a game and win a few conference games. Maybe we get a 2010 type wake up call and win 6 games and make a bowl. We are in the AAC, going 6-6 is not acceptable. That P thinks thats the goal is a fireable offense in itself. The AD is dying as long as it's in the AAC. We aspire to change our conference affiliation and join our peer academic institutions. Anything less than dominating this league and winning key OOC games should be unacceptable.

I will be at every game this season, cheer my ass off as always, but I can do that and demand accountability. I'm good like that. I can multitask.

P and his program have been exposed. The only question is how to make a change.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

Reaction Score
What's good? Paulie showed me the Dwight Freeny signed Syracuse jersey at his house. He said the loss Thursday wasn't a coaching problem. He also said GDL came up with some awesome plays in the second half, but we couldn't execute.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
What's good? Paulie showed me the Dwight Freeny signed Syracuse jersey at his house. He said the loss Thursday wasn't a coaching problem. He also said GDL came up with some awesome plays in the second half, but we couldn't execute.

Let me guess:
1. Send in awesome play with 10 sec left on the play clock
2. Line up
3. Snap the ball
4. ?????
5. Touchdown.

And for something completely different, of the 6 BCS leagues only one had a losing record this weekend. Guess which one? Yaaaaaaay, AAC. Go American., yaaaaaay.

Reaction Score
Sure it's coaching. Either coaching up the players or a recruiting thing.

Either way it's a coaching thing.

Reaction Score
I refuse to acknowledge Dez's stupidity, sloth and sycophantizm.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the fish rots at the head first, end of story, it's why coaches get fired

it's "always" a coaching thing, without exception. (on the college level, since the coach is also the GM)

Reaction Score
You are acting like this is a one-off occurance. For the record, given the day of the week, the pending holiday, the opponent I thought the crowd was excellent at the start. Louder than the numbers in attendence, cheering, I even liked the students chanting "You can't do that!" after the first Towson penalty. It lasted about half a quarter before that sinking feeling started to set in. After Towson took the lead, that was it. Oh, everyone still pulled for a comeback and cheered the positive plays, but as Towson pulled away and the same issues from last season became frustratingly obvious, it seeemed pointless. That's what happens when a program loses it's fan base. We're talking 10 year season tickets holders, the people who donate to the program, travel to bowl games and make this board one of the most active in the old BE and new AAC.

This is not on the players, I'm convinced of that. Why? Last years 5-7 team had two starting NFL CB's a starting NFL LB, another All-Conference LB, The BE sack leader, an NFL TE, and two WR who are on NFL practice squads. Not to mention, a JUCO All-American QB and a 1000 yd RB. 5-7? 5 and friucking 7! No, when the same old same old showed itself Thursday night, the same lack of running, the same unimaginative play calling, the same ineffective blocking schemes and now an unimpressive defensive scheme, any doubt about what the problems are evaporated.

Maybe the players can step up and show it won't be as bad as it looks. Maybe we beat MD, give Michigan a game and win a few conference games. Maybe we get a 2010 type wake up call and win 6 games and make a bowl. We are in the AAC, going 6-6 is not acceptable. That P thinks thats the goal is a fireable offense in itself. The AD is dying as long as it's in the AAC. We aspire to change our conference affiliation and join our peer academic institutions. Anything less than dominating this league and winning key OOC games should be unacceptable.

I will be at every game this season, cheer my ass off as always, but I can do that and demand accountability. I'm good like that. I can multitask.

P and his program have been exposed. The only question is how to make a change.

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Great. So scouring every article and comment made on the Internet to support how bad the coaching is defines your life. Or better yet, when an article doesn't mention or blame the coaching, but rather talks about the need for the captains to step up we can turn that into the author missing the point and have 100 posts opining about that...

Ironic your quote suggests moving on and living, yet you choose to be imprisoned by the continual letdown of the coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom