DePaul Postgame Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

DePaul Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing; it was very quick as the camera went to the huddle before handshake line. It could have just been a tired "good game", but neither one of them looked too happy and I thought Evina threw out her arm a little bit?

I just found the spot in the recording. Evina was coming from the bench after the game ended to high five her team mates and Held was kind of in between. Evina did give a small push as if to say move along. I don't think it was much of anything. Held was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reaction Score
Depaul is not any ordinary "unranked" team. Prior to today's game, they lost only to ranked teams and beat one (Kentucky). They were 16-4 coming into today's game and are pretty much a lock for the tournament if they get to 20 plus wins, which they will. Morrow is not your average Freshman; in fact, she will get major votes for FOY. and has more double doubles than any BE player. I do agree the EW and AE are MIA, but have hope they will both snap out of it before seasons end.
I disagree that they are a lock.
They have losses to TAMU and Marquette, neither of which are likely to make the tournament.
And their 'best' win is over a Kentucky team that might not make it either.

That's not an overwhelming resume. I think they need to close out 8-2.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I disagree that they are a lock.
They have losses to TAMU and Marquette, neither of which are likely to make the tournament.
And their 'best' win is over a Kentucky team that might not make it either.

That's not an overwhelming resume. I think they need to close out 8-2.

Unless they really stumble I think they may close out 9-1. They may not be a lock but I would think they're in good shape right now despite those 2 bad losses. Morrow is getting better every game.

Reaction Score
And my plan didn't include 34 minutes of Nika for sure, or Edwards that much either. Glad to see Nika doing better but she's still injury depth to me.
I think Geno, all the coaches and all the players would vehemently disagree with you. With a handle like Teamfirst, I’m surprised at your lack of appreciation for her role on the team. To each his own.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me say this about the turnovers. If the refs called the fouls there wouldn't have been all those turnovers. If they call the fouls then Morrow is in foul trouble along with Held and its a different game. Because we were in foul trouble we couldn't defend. Do you realize we shot 70%from the floor the second half and 62% from 3 and won in the last second????? Btw i think DePaul only had committed something like less then 10 fouls and 3 or 4 were in the last 2 minutes of the game. If they called the fouls on Morrow then Liv would've been in better shape and Morrow wouldn't have had the game she had. Think about it. When we play them again it wont be close.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have been saying all season just wait until Azzi gets back and i believe without seeing and some posters doubted that because she hadnt played enough college games snd thats ok. After tonite we have some believers. Yeah weve got our big 3 Caroline Azzi and Paige and with Christyn Dorka Liv Nika Evina and Edwards well we may not loose a game for a long time.

Reaction Score
1--- Ducharme just continues ot wow us all. As we all know she is just fearless. A weapon from everywhere on the floor and can drive to the basket. How awesome is she?

2--- AS Geno has mentioned for 2 years and as we heard from Waltz after Louisville beat UConn, much of their offensive struggles have come down to shooting. You just need a big time shooter. Now Azzi Fudd is going to put these sagging defenses to the test. This team has needed Azzi Fudd the moment Paige went down. Now that she is back, the lane is now officially open for all her teammates.

3--- And UCONN doesn’t also win tonight if not for CWill. The beauty is that she is a slasher. In the halfcourt set, without an open lane vs quality teams with size the lane is clogged. When it’s clogged CWill’s game suffers mightily. Not only scoring but now she can drive and pass to wings that have confidence knocking down perimeter shots.

4—UCONN shot 62.5% from 3 in the 2nd half I believe? These 3 compliment each other beautifully.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am thinking about how this last second shot by Caroline is as important for our team as the Paige 3pt back breaker at Tennessee was last year.

Also amazed how Caroline's 4Q performances are cutting a huge swath through some of the best teams out there.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think Geno, all the coaches and all the players would vehemently disagree with you. With a handle like Teamfirst, I’m surprised at your lack of appreciation for her role on the team. To each his own.
10 seconds to run a play to win the game. Is there anybody here who wasn't thinking, "don't let the point guard touch it"? That's a problem.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Interesting comment, since Nika is the one who handed the ball off to Caroline. To answer your question, I wasn’t thinking that. So be it if I was the only one.
True. 25 feet out and she didn't put it on the floor, but yeah okay. I guess you might say she initiated the offense there.

Reaction Score
Excuse me but Morrow fouled at least 5 times and didn't get called. She got the Michael Jordan treatment. She literally shoved people out of the way overtly. Overtly elbowed people in the ribs as if she were Mike Tyson and didn't get called. To a significant degree she's a dirty player. I'm sorry but that's how I saw it. She may not realize it but she was full bore Detroit Pistons circa Dennis Rodman era.
I agree she pushed every time. I guess cuz she is small they let her get away with it. It also seemed like depaul flopped quite a bit. Morrow also fell twice when she was trying to push liv out of the way backwards, but live moves and morrow hit the deck.
Did you agree with all the charge calls??

Reaction Score
Nika is a good player but we have a lot of good players. She started the season at number 8 or 9 in the rotation. When we are healthy that's probably where she ends up. We just have too much talent to rely on Nika for more PT than any other player today. She played more minutes today than anyone. My concern is what happens when we play top competition? Her game inevitably is less impactful. And I'm not liking how she handled the offense today. Too much time screwing around 35 feet from the basket, picking up her dribble, not doing much to create good shots. When she tries to drive to the basket God help us. Least likely player on the court to create a scoring opportunity on the drive. Shooting .389 for 2 and .250 from 3 so far and 3.9 points a game. Is that helping us? I'd rather have Paige, Azzi, Caroline, CW and Evina. That makes Nika injury depth. Why do I even have to say it? She's a good player on a team of great players.

Reaction Score
I agree she pushed every time. I guess cuz she is small they let her get away with it. It also seemed like depaul flopped quite a bit. Morrow also fell twice when she was trying to push liv out of the way backwards, but live moves and morrow hit the deck.
Did you agree with all the charge calls??
The charge calls were biased also. I'm jaded. I really think sometimes some refs are on the take but I think it's more likely that most of the time they just miss things. The camera sees a lot of things that it must be hard to see in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom