DePaul Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DePaul Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, DePaul scored way too many points in the 2nd half, but they didn't let them back into the game. They basically got a 30 point lead and kept it around there the whole game. Also subs playing way more than normal and DePaul wasn't going to shoot 20% all game.

Reaction Score
We knew we were going to win this game easily at halftime so why risk injury by going 100% before the most important games of the season?

Reaction Score
UConn held depaul to 19 points in the first half and they allowed depaul to double that in the second half with 40points. Some how uconn has to figure out how to stop allowing teams back into games. Definitely wont work at Villanova Saturday. Great win though. Go UConn
This would be a great post if it was sarcasm, but sadly it is not.

Reaction Score
UConn held depaul to 19 points in the first half and they allowed depaul to double that in the second half with 40points. Some how uconn has to figure out how to stop allowing teams back into games. Definitely wont work at Villanova Saturday. Great win though. Go UConn
Can't tell if this is a joke or not, it actually seems like you're serious.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m sure Dan would’ve preferred more intensity, but it’s a lot to ask with a 30-40 point lead.

Reaction Score
By the way, lots of credit to DePaul for coming out and fighting hard in the second half after going down 30. Would have been easy and understandable to just go through motions until the buzzer

And even more credit to our guys for fighting back and still giving effort while up 30. We had answers to every bucket

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
You know, I really don't want much. Just 10 more consecutive wins! Play like that first half...it's more than a possibility.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
31DC0D7B-AE08-4D17-B539-D720BFC057E6.jpeg

Worrisome

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Seems fine.
Let’s hope. He’s had a couple pretty poor shooting games since initially tweaking that ankle late in. providence game. We are gonna need him top flight from here on out.

Reaction Score
Let’s hope. He’s had a couple pretty poor shooting games since initially tweaking that ankle late in. providence game. We are gonna need him top flight from here on out.
He's had his most athletic finishes of the season since then and has been flying all over the court, hasn't looked hurt to me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lol. I know you are having fun.

I didn’t like second half but I throw that out with bath water. We were so good in first half doing whatever we wanted it’s natural to lose that intensity for 2nd. I wish we could’ve called it at end of first half just to maintain that sharpness heading to Nova.

Reaction Score
Wow. Just wow. I know it’s DePaul, but wow. This game was over after 5 minutes because of suffocating defense, fluid and engaged offense, and great energy even through a 30 point blowout.

A few thoughts. Most good, obviously
  • Adama Sanogo is unstoppable 1v1. Unstoppable.
  • Great game from Andre! Played within himself again and almost had a triple double to show for it. Went to the post 3 times, which led to 1 bucket and 2 trips to the line. Did hit a nice rhythm three early and is looking like he’s having fun alongside Newton now
  • Joey’s shot is back! He was rough as a lead PG today, but absolutely lethal off ball. Can’t be understated how much we NEED that this month
  • Alleyne hit another one of those pull-up midranges. Doesn’t look pretty but has been going down for a couple games. Also very important for a March run
  • Clingan came in early and dominated
  • RICHIE MINUTES!
Now the not so good, but how much can we complain about with a nearly 30 point win?
  • Hawkins missed a lot of good looks, forced it in the second half, and rolled his ankle at the end. Really tough game. Hope he comes back healthy for the revenge game against Nova
  • Samson minutes! Unfortunately he immediately got bullied under the hoop and gave up an and1. Pulled immediately after lol
Adama’s footwork is probably second to none in the country. He uses his pivot so masterfully, and it makes up for the lack of lift he often gets. The way we’ve used him recently is so much better than the repeated iso post ups from earlier in the year. Great job by Hurley and the staff for recognizing that.

Reaction Score
Lol. I know you are having fun.

I didn’t like second half but I throw that out with bath water. We were so good in first half doing whatever we wanted it’s natural to lose that intensity for 2nd. I wish we could’ve called it at end of first half just to maintain that sharpness heading to Nova.
It was so unlike Joey to be so careless with the ball. He’s just a mostly off the ball guy, which is fine.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
They let Depaul back into the game????...maybe I was watching a different game..You gotta be kidding...I hope!

Reaction Score
Creighton opened 19-0 against Georgetown.

32-7 now.

Must be crush a cupcake night in the conference.
Trey Alexander 6-7 on threes. That Thursday afternoon game is going to be the best Thurday afternoon conference tourny game in a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom