DePaul Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DePaul Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Great game. If AJ plays like this they become the best team in the country. We scored 86 with Hawkins only scoring three. Very good offensive team. Concerned a bit about JH ankle. He did not shoot good last game. Hope the adrenaline kicks in Saturday and then he gets four days rest and rehab before BE opener. Villanova is going to be a tough game. We are the better team this year. Perfect time to pick up a quality road win.

Reaction Score
Statistically, that first half was as good as it gets. It was incredible 20 minutes. The second half was basically what you get when both teams know it’s over at halftime. I was actually impressed UConn never really let them eat into the lead ever.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You know, I really don't want much. Just 10 more consecutive wins! Play like that first half...it's more than a possibility.
I just want us to win the last game we play this season.

That's not asking so much.

Just that last game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Was anyone else outraged that Hurley started his presser complaining about turnovers? He ruined my night for sure.

baby crying GIF

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Because he beat you to it?

I think both of us owe you an apology for being concerned about such things, big boy.

You should totally email him about it.

Reaction Score
By the way, lots of credit to DePaul for coming out and fighting hard in the second half after going down 30. Would have been easy and understandable to just go through motions until the buzzer

And even more credit to our guys for fighting back and still giving effort while up 30. We had answers to every bucket

They were down to Marquette by 20 at the half last game, and closed it to 4 with ~2min left.

Closest we let them get was 25 (I think).

Great win

Reaction Score
Statistically, that first half was as good as it gets. It was incredible 20 minutes. The second half was basically what you get when both teams know it’s over at halftime. I was actually impressed UConn never really let them eat into the lead ever.
Early in the second half, Andre found Sanogo for some easy layups when DePaul started making some shots. Later in the half it was Joey threes.

DePaul tried to get some air but UConn kept stomping on their throats. Love to see it

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think both of us owe you an apology for being concerned about such things, big boy.

You should totally email him about it.
Didn't ruin my night. ABC. Always Be Coaching.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s like I said the other day, when UConn has the defense, rebounding and offense dialed in, the ceiling is just unreachable for most teams. Only a handful can even compete. Tonight, with a bad game from Hawk, we saw that play out.

The challenge for Dan is to keep that up and add a good Hawkins to the mix. This team should scare the ever loving crap out of everyone right now, as they did in November. Honestly, they’re better now on the offensive end. Adjustments make us harder to defend.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here’s a question: how the hell did that team beat Xavier?????

They should have locked the doors of the arena that night and drug tested every man, woman and child in the building. And then they should have audited the score and checked the ID and birth certificates of all the players.

Also…

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

Reaction Score
UConn held depaul to 19 points in the first half and they allowed depaul to double that in the second half with 40points. Some how uconn has to figure out how to stop allowing teams back into games. Definitely wont work at Villanova Saturday. Great win though. Go UConn
They never got close enough to be “back in the game”.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was incredible. Could’ve had 40 if he had the minutes. I know some will still say go double big, but if we don’t this right here is why Sanogo gets twice the minutes as Clingan. We take Sanogo for granted, but that’s because he’s so darn consistent it’s easy to find fault in anything he does that isn’t perfect. Really just a perfect game for him tonight
Sanogo uses his upper body to create space then adds unseen footwork to finish the job. He is an amazing talent that has added a three-point game as well. He is a big man clinic all in one!

Reaction Score
It was so unlike Joey to be so careless with the ball. He’s just a mostly off the ball guy, which is fine.
He is from Cali and has a bit of showtime in him. Up 30 plus, he was trying to bring the house down! I have no issue with that particularly because under normal circumstances, he plays w a fairly high basketball iq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom