Demolish the XL center | The Boneyard

Demolish the XL center

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We can’t score at the XL Center. Been this way for years.

Home games need to be on campus.

I understand the contract obligations, just really frustrating to watch our offense in that wretched building. Love the bar though…

Reaction Score
With 2 mins before the game the stadium was half empty. where r the students???

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
lol…yeah, the building was the problem.

Creighton seems to like it though.

We could have played that game at MSG and we’d lose because we take our nonsense with us.

Reaction Score
Posted this in the other thread and I'll post it here too

Games at Gampel
  • Central: Kenpom defense #319
  • LIU: #202
  • Grambling: #265
  • SJU: #85
  • Georgetown: #251

Games at XL
  • Coppin: #219
  • Binghamton: #268
  • MES: #243
  • Providence: #48
  • Butler: #63
  • Creighton: #31
When you play a bunch of scrub defenses at Gampel, of course our offense is going to look better.

Reaction Score

We could have played that game at MSG and we’d lose because we take our nonsense with us.
Yeah they must LOVE that unintimidating atmosphere. Bring your family and old grandpa to the game vibes, student section feels so disconnected... Games need to be at Gampel, not to do with this loss

Reaction Score
There was an argument 10 rows below me by people complaining about two guys directly in front of them standing at the end of the second half. One of the complainers sucker punched one of the guys standing in the face and then ran off. I should add that it was a soft ass punch, but still.

Lifetime ban for anyone complaining about people standing at the end of a close game.

Reaction Score
There was an argument 10 rows below me by people complaining about two guys directly in front of them standing at the end of the second half. One of the complainers sucker punched one of the guys standing in the face and then ran off. I should add that it was a soft ass punch, but still.

Lifetime ban for anyone complaining about people standing at the end of a close game.
So it was the complaining, rather than the assault that has you upset?

Reaction Score
Tonight's crowd was very disappointing. Students and gen pop. Although the students have the weeknight bus ride excuse. Also, the pep band really adds a lot to the atmosphere, as they are almost single-handedly responsible for starting cheers, so they were sorely missed. Nonetheless, crowd was quiet and apathetic most of the game.

Reaction Score
Where WAS the pep band tonight?

It’s just a Mickey Mouse game day atmosphere, Mickey Mouse game time atmosphere and lately a Mickey Mouse team.

UConn has a marketing problem.
The band missed the last 2 XL games. I assume it's covid-related.

Reaction Score
The atmosphere was good in the 2nd half. Not the crowd or the building's fault uconn couldn't make a shot. How have the last few games at Gampel drawn? I seem to recall empty sections there as well.

Reaction Score

It doesn't seem like DH and this group hate playing at XL so they psych themselves out? They clearly don't embrace games at the place.

Main problem with this group though is composure, discipline and confidence in close games

Last edited:
Reaction Score
it's not the building but it does seem like DH and this group hate playing at XL so they psych themselves out a bit. They clearly don't embrace games at the place.

Lol.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Texas vs Texas tech. That is a home
Court advantage. Place is nuts.
It’s an insane environment. Looks like 95% are reppin the school colors and reacting to the game. You could close your eyes and turn off the commentators and would be able to follow the game.

Reaction Score

This is college basketball, engage with your fans, which are largely made up of what? College students.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom