Demolish the XL center | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Demolish the XL center

Reaction Score
There was an argument 10 rows below me by people complaining about two guys directly in front of them standing at the end of the second half. One of the complainers sucker punched one of the guys standing in the face and then ran off. I should add that it was a soft ass punch, but still.

Lifetime ban for anyone complaining about people standing at the end of a close game.

Outside of the sucker punch happened in my section too. 2 rows in front of us the guys stood up (at times many in the rest of the arena were as well) guys behind them complained and told them to sit down. Happened twice, 2nd time led to a big argument, with the guys in front of them yelling at them to get into the game for once. Crowd was bad. The way we played in the first half didn't make it easy, but it was not a pumped up crowd heading into the game

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Been to more games at XL then I can count dating back to early 90’s and I can honestly say that was the worst experience I’ve had there by far. Team was horrible, crowd did it’s best to match their effort. This game was garbage on all levels.

Reaction Score
While I agree more Gampel games would be nice, the XL center was not the problem tonight.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Don't blame the arena for this lackluster pathetic performance

That's like blaming cars for automobile accidents

At least there was a bar and a decent restaurant for us to drown our sorrows

Reaction Score
There was an argument 10 rows below me by people complaining about two guys directly in front of them standing at the end of the second half. One of the complainers sucker punched one of the guys standing in the face and then ran off. I should add that it was a soft ass punch, but still.

Lifetime ban for anyone complaining about people standing at the end of a close game.

Outside of the sucker punch happened in my section too. 2 rows in front of us the guys stood up (at times many in the rest of the arena were as well) guys behind them complained and told them to sit down. Happened twice, 2nd time led to a big argument, with the guys in front of them yelling at them to get into the game for once. Crowd was bad. The way we played in the first half didn't make it easy, but it was not a pumped up crowd heading into the game
Old lady at the game in the bar who has the first come first served seats took her hearing aids out and showed me to tell me I was to loud for her...

But at least she was into the game and was standing and clapping most of the second half!

I wish someone would try to tell me to sit down or to not be loud during a close game, it wouldn't be pretty!

Reaction Score
Don’t blame the building on that loss. Bad take! Great teams win wherever, whenever. We aren’t a great team yet.
Thank you finally some sanity. Creighton and Providence don’t seem to mind playing in Hartford. Creighton didn’t really play all that well either. These are just lame excuses. UConn didn’t perform irrespective of where the game was played.

Reaction Score
Don’t blame the building on that loss. Bad take! Great teams win wherever, whenever. We aren’t a great team yet.
DH says in post presser they don't play well at XL basically. He said " need to find a way to play better when we come in here. "

Seems like he thinks playing at XL is a factor in loss. Not a great mindset for a team with half home games at a place they don't consider favorable to them.

Reaction Score
When Perno was coach we use to complain we played all our Big East games at the Civic Center which took away our Old Field House advantage
When we became good our biggest most memorable wins were in Hartford .
Now were blaming the the building again
we’ve come full circle.

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Fan support was pathetic. Atmosphere resembled that of a morgue. And that was even before the team started playing bad. Just a disappointing performance from all in the building.

If this was a Tuesday game at Creighton, the place would have been packed to the rafters and rocking. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
Name one other major basketball brand that splits home games between venues. College sports should be played on campus if there is a facility on campus. Duke has an Old and small gym, can you imagine if they decided to play half their games in Raleigh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom