Defense/Crocker | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Defense/Crocker

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 7m7 minutes ago

Edsall says Huskies don’t have personnel to run any defense other than what they are running. Going to recruit to fit d for AAC offenses.
Well then that confirms Holy Cross s our only win. If they will not adjust this defense or even gosh dang try to adjust it, they are going to get steamrolled and embarrassed every game this year.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My bet....lashlee was Benedict's idea.....Crocker was edsalls....Benedict looks good....edsall looks the fool hence the stubbornness not to change/adjust

Reaction Score
Explain to me how that putrid offense last year is putting up yards then. The scheme sucks and Crocker is a crock. He lacks the ability to make an adjustment....hell Memphis ran the same sets of plays to each side.....as has every damn team this year with not one adjustment to help the players. Good coaches teach the players what they are doing wrong.....Crocker seems to be eating crackers in the press box
Lmaorotfl.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Crocker...go back to making cakes you bitch!

Just kidding wanted to say that

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Were any of you idiots the guy sitting behind the bench yelling "fire billy crocker" until getting removed by security?

Reaction Score
What's it take to recognize failure? A historic beat down capping the worst performing D in FBS in 5 games? Don't tell me there aren't enough to put down a 4-3 base D and get some of these 'tweener" players off the field. They can't tackle and they can't cover. Let's at least get some meat on field and get some pressure upfront. I watched at least a dozen blitzes go nowhere because the DBs lack the ability to penetrate unless they come free off the edge. We have 10 yard cushions on wide outs every damn week and get killed on the edge for 8,10, 12 yards every time. We have guys bouncing off tackles and unable to wrap up. The middle behind the LBs is open all the time because the LBs get sucked up to cover a thin 3 front and the DBs are stretched sideline to sideline. It's a frigging complete mess. There is nothing working because Crocker's scheme doesn't fit and won't fit for years. Scrap this disaster. Anything we try can't be worse.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
My bet....lashlee was Benedict's idea.....Crocker was edsalls....Benedict looks good....edsall looks the fool hence the stubbornness not to change/adjust
Lashlee is no wizard. Great play calling early on. 3 straight runs by Sherriffs that got diddly followed by a up 4th down.

Reaction Score
Here is where we see if we have RE2 or the old RE1 stubbornness and refusal to adjust to realities. I still have faith this team can be good if we can get any semblance of a D on the field. Doing the same thing isn't going to cut it.

Reaction Score
oh my god. the people here who know nothing about football are just ruining it for everyone. You're a bunch of morons.

The players on defense are young and/or suck. We wouldn't even be in a 4-3 against a team like Memphis running 4 and 5 wide.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Explain to me how that putrid offense last year is putting up yards then. The scheme sucks and Crocker is a crock. He lacks the ability to make an adjustment....hell Memphis ran the same sets of plays to each side.....as has every damn team this year with not one adjustment to help the players. Good coaches teach the players what they are doing wrong.....Crocker seems to be eating crackers in the press box

Maybe because the offense has more talented players and fewer true freshman getting playing time?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is not on Edsall or Crocker. It is on the last staff that didn't recruit well and left us with a bunch of non athletic types in the linebacker and defensive backfield.
This crap show is on Red pants.

I will add that I want our defensive backs to play closer to the line as I am tired of the bubble screen getting 10 yards or more.

Reaction Score
"The 3-3-5 is what's causing these players to forget how to tackle an opposing player! If we change the scheme, they'll stop getting juked and deked out of their cleats by the simplest of moves!"
it's just a bunch of sad old men who are afraid they'll die before they see a good uconn football team again.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only thing I wanted to do or say was sit the starters down on the defense as they seemed to give up on those two series ending the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
The only thing I wanted to do or say was sit the starters down on the defense as they seemed to give up on those two series ending the 3rd quarter.
if we sit anyone else we'll be burning redshirts. that's how bad Diaco's recruiting has been

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Maybe because the offense has more talented players and fewer true freshman getting playing time?

I don't know, dude. Fewer true freshman... maybe. But the hardest position to have a freshman play is OLine, and we've got two of them doing it. And we're scoring buckets worth of points despite having the ball for less than half the game.

It's not like we've added much talent on offense from last year to this year. And we've gone from craptastic to pretty strong with mostly the same players and after losing our best 2 linemen and best WR.

So... yeah, coaching matters...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom