December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have seen the unedited video and I wasn’t counting but I would say she missed around 8 shots. Which is still pretty impressive.
Fudd is an elite high school shooter. She has earned that distinction with her hard work. She has beaten elite boys in a three-point shooting contest. I just don't know whether she is ready to be the female world record holder for threes as one poster above suggested with the 268/270 quote.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fudd is an elite high school shooter. She has earned that distinction with her hard work. She has beaten elite boys in a three-point shooting contest. I just don't know whether she is ready to be the female world record holder for threes as one poster above suggested with the 268/270 quote.
Azzi made 268 in 18 minutes. I don't recall seeing how many she took. I think 268/270 may be possible untimed from the FT line, but it sounds too lofty from the 3-point line.

BTW, Azzi won a national FT shooting contest in 2013. Her shooting has been stellar since a young age.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
? Sam Brunelle. I see only one glaring similarity. Come on MH!
They look somewhat similar, though Sam wears a bun and Saylor wears a ponytail. Both are about 6'2" with medium builds and blonde hair. Both are versatile and have 3-point range. I think Saylor is more fluid in her movement.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They look somewhat similar, though Sam wears a bun and Saylor wears a ponytail. Both are about 6'2" with medium builds and blonde hair. Both are versatile and have 3-point range. I think Saylor is more fluid in her movement.

Saylor is faster too and likes to bang around inside while Brunelle wants to be a perimeter player. They are simply not the same kind of player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saylor is faster too and likes to bang around inside while Brunelle wants to be a perimeter player. They are simply not the same kind of player.

Totally agree with the toughness part. She is a terrier (oops husky). Not so sure about general speed but glad to hear that others see it.

Reaction Score
West Coast: "Not human" you say about that shooting percentage?
Such little faith. How about this: back in the day we shot fouls underhanded. In Junior High, we were supposed to end practice by making ten in a row. The managers who did the counting would finally tell me they had to go home for supper. Never did make 10 in a row. Now THAT is not human.

Reaction Score
I googled pics of both. No similarities in looks or style of play. Saylor does not remind me of Sam.

Reaction Score
Haven’t seen enough of Saylor to comment, though for U16, she was primarily a three-point shooter and distributor. Over 65% of her attempts were outside of the arc. I believe she was second in the event in assists as well.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well they look kinda similar standing still. But once they start moving they couldn't look more dissimilar. Saylor is lankier, she runs differently, and launches her shots differently. Sam has a bigger upper and lower body.

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I want her!!! She can help UConn be "real bad" for wcbb. :D
Would be interesting to see because her sister, Tamari Key, is a freshman at Tennessee.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see because her sister, Tamari Key, is a freshman at Tennessee.

Ughh. Didn't know that. I know about Tamari Key at Tennessee, but I did not know THIS "Key" was related to her. In that case, I guess she's bound for 'ol Rocky top. No doubt she wants to play with her sister, I would. :(

Reaction Score
Ughh. Didn't know that. I know about Tamari Key at Tennessee, but I did not know THIS "Key" was related to her. In that case, I guess she's bound for 'ol Rocky top. No doubt she wants to play with her sister, I would. :(

The Tennessee board doesn’t seem to think so.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Tennessee board doesn’t seem to think so.

In THAT case, we'll GLADLY take her!!! :cool: As I said, she appears to be very talented and gifted. I'm sure Geno could find a spot for her at UConn (IF she's on their "want" list), and help the team remain very bad for WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom