December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dominique Darius made the all tournament team and is listed at 6'1". I'm hoping that really is the case. Have always liked her leaderships.defense, and ability to play the role of Robin next to a batman type like Miles.
Doubtful that UCONN is interested Darius but she is going to make some team very happy.

I know it's very unlikely but if the two of them went as a package deal I think some team would have a really good ready made back court for the next four years.......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Janiah Barker, 6-2, power forward, Tampa Bay Tech (FL)

Considered one of the very top recruits in the 2022 class, Barker showed strong rebounding, shot blocking and scoring both in and out of the key. Her passing seems to have improved as she made several “prime time” dishes. However, she still settles for too many outside shots (hitting some) when she could be dominant in the key if only she would spend more time there.

Kiki Rice, 5-9, point guard, Sidwell Friends School (DC)

Considered a high level Power 5 prospect, Rice combines above average athleticism with skill and basketball IQ. She looks to penetrate to score and is dangerous starting or finishing on the fast break. Still, she could improve by building more consistent perimeter shooting range.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, @j66kicker, can you tell us who impressed and who disappointed? Also, which team won the heavyweight division?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ok, @j66kicker, can you tell us who impressed and who disappointed? Also, which team won the heavyweight division?

@j66kicker can give you more details, but I can tell you that La Holla County Day with Te-Hina Pao Pao and Breya Cunningham edged Sierra Canyon by a point for the overall title.

Cunningham should be on UConn's radar at some point soon.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In fact, here's a pretty good write-up of the TOC:

Isuneh Brady had 11 rebounds to go along with her 18 points in her division title victory.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is UConn looking at Rice? I may go watch her as I wait for Azzi to rehab.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In fact, here's a pretty good write-up of the TOC:

Isuneh Brady had 11 rebounds to go along with her 18 points in her division title victory.

Congrats to Ice and her teammates!

Reaction Score
Ok, @j66kicker, can you tell us who impressed and who disappointed? Also, which team won the heavyweight division/
Impressed:

Aaliya Edwards - Adult body and knows how to use it. High effort/energy. Was pleased to see Jaz there to watch her. We got a great player!
Latasha Lattimore - Big girl, and will fill out more. Very athletic and very skilled, and a great teammate with Edwards.
Lauren Betts - Really large frame (as in really really large), a very skilled big, in great shape and only a sophomore - she's going to be a beast.

Disappointed:

Olivia Miles - Seemed to lack energy, and prone to shooting airballs and throwing passes out of bounds. I read that she was in sort of a 2-week lull. The disappointment was that I didn't get to see the real Olivia Miles.
Kamilla Cardoso - Huge body, but slow and baby soft, and not in basketball shape by any means. Not as skilled as Betts, but I guess she hasn't been playing as long. If/when she gets it, look out - this is one seriously large human being.

I only snuck out to see 3 individual games / didn't hang out at the gyms all day. I didn't get to see Pao Pao, Cunningham or Ice Brady.

Two of the divisions seemed to be "heavyweight" divisions - or at least they both had big name players. One group played sort of a round robin format with preset games, which was easier to plan for. The other group played a tournament format with full consolation brackets so every team played every day. This group had more of the players I wanted to see, but you didn't know when they were going to play until late night/early morning when they updated their site. So I was happy to see the 5 players I did see play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Impressed:

Aaliya Edwards - Adult body and knows how to use it. High effort/energy. Was pleased to see Jaz there to watch her. We got a great player!
Latasha Lattimore - Big girl, and will fill out more. Very athletic and very skilled, and a great teammate with Edwards.
Lauren Betts - Really large frame (as in really really large), a very skilled big, in great shape and only a sophomore - she's going to be a beast.

Disappointed:

Olivia Miles - Seemed to lack energy, and prone to shooting airballs and throwing passes out of bounds. I read that she was in sort of a 2-week lull. The disappointment was that I didn't get to see the real Olivia Miles.
Kamilla Cardoso - Huge body, but slow and baby soft, and not in basketball shape by any means. Not as skilled as Betts, but I guess she hasn't been playing as long. If/when she gets it, look out - this is one seriously large human being.

I only snuck out to see 3 individual games / didn't hang out at the gyms all day. I didn't get to see Pao Pao, Cunningham or Ice Brady.

Two of the divisions seemed to be "heavyweight" divisions - or at least they both had big name players. One group played sort of a round robin format with preset games, which was easier to plan for. The other group played a tournament format with full consolation brackets so every team played every day. This group had more of the players I wanted to see, but you didn't know when they were going to play until late night/early morning when they updated their site. So I was happy to see the 5 players I did see play.
Olivia must of did something right to be on the all tournament team. So she is that good or poorly sick

Reaction Score
Olivia must of did something right to be on the all tournament team. So she is that good or poorly sick
I’m sure she is that good. I only saw her play one game - I just didn’t see anything in that game that impressed me. Later I saw that others also wrote that she was having an “off” couple weeks (“Missing - should we put Olivia Miles on a milk carton?) ??

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It appears Shay Bollin ('22) was behind UConn's bench during the Oklahoma game. Here's a local article about Bollin from a few days ago.

Bollin has already received interest from several top Div. I schools, including Duke, UConn, and UCLA, but she has certainly not let that get to her head.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
20+ players made the all tournament team at TOC. Believe the tournament is divided up into 5 or 6 division with all tournament selections from each division. At least that's the way it used to be.

Reaction Score
It appears Shay Bollin ('22) was behind UConn's bench during the Oklahoma game. Here's a local article about Bollin from a few days ago.

Bollin has already received interest from several top Div. I schools, including Duke, UConn, and UCLA, but she has certainly not let that get to her head.

I was recently trying to remember the name of the recruit I watched but could not remember. Seeing this I believe it was her. I am rarely impressed by high school players and even some of our all time greats I wasn’t totally convinced when I saw them in high school. We need to get this girl any way we can. I’m not sure any player has ever left a better impression on me. Im not 100% sure it’s her but I think it is. She is REALLY good and can do it all. Really skilled but tough as nails too.

Reaction Score
Is UConn looking at Rice? I may go watch her as I wait for Azzi to rehab.
They play in Philly on 1/5 at the Blue Star Elite Invitational along with a lot of other DMV teams. St Francis, Bishop McNamara, New Hope, Riverdale Baptist, Roland Park, Georgetown Visitation, Paul VI, St Johns, and National Christian.

They also play at Episcopal on 1/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger