December - Other Big East Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

December - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nembhard seems completely out of control all the time. I haven’t watched much of Creighton this year, is that just his MO?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nembhard seems completely out of control all the time. I haven’t watched much of Creighton this year, is that just his MO?

Yes. He thinks he is a future lottery pick but he isn't. Creighton has a lot of weapons, which makes it more obvious that Nembhard is so out of control. Kalkbrenner, Scheierman and Kaluma are all arguably better scorers, so Nembhard should focus on distributing and creating instead of forcing bad shots.

He has been more out of control with Kalkbrenner out. His stats for the last 3 games are pretty bad.

Reaction Score
DePaul and Creighton are playing on Sunday, Christmas Day. That's not right.

Today's Results: Hawaii 62 Wash State 51

Reaction Score
That’s the way u have to work it. Talk trash about UConn when they hit a drought during the games. You are in charge of that:)
I think half the fanbase has that covered in the chat. Also when we're in the middle of a 20-0 run, or up by 50, or just about any moment during a game

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With Kalkbrenner they are back, saw enough last night to know that.

I know it makes some of the "analytics experts" on this board sad, but we are seeing a return of centers to college basketball. UConn (Sanogo and Clingan), Creighton (Kallkbrenner), Xavier (Nunge), Marquette (Ighodaro), Butler (Bates), St. Johns (Soriano), Seton Hall (Samuel) and Georgetown (Wahab) all have traditional centers that are huge parts of their respective team's offenses. The better teams in the league are leaning heavily on their centers, and teams like Butler and Seton Hall that are off to slow starts are probably not utilizing their centers enough offensively.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know it makes some of the "analytics experts" on this board sad, but we are seeing a return of centers to college basketball. UConn (Sanogo and Clingan), Creighton (Kallkbrenner), Xavier (Nunge), Marquette (Ighodaro), Butler (Bates), St. Johns (Soriano), Seton Hall (Samuel) and Georgetown (Wahab) all have traditional centers that are huge parts of their respective team's offenses. The better teams in the league are leaning heavily on their centers, and teams like Butler and Seton Hall that are off to slow starts are probably not utilizing their centers enough offensively.
Post/Custom title

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but how is DePaul involved in a BE Xmas day national TV game??? :confused:

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I watched the Creighton game. 27-50 3s. They won’t be able to do that against our squad.

Kalk ain’t all that either IMO, he seems pretty limited outside the paint. Adama should be primed to get his and hopefully this will be one Clingan is effective in too, at the least they should be able to wear him down.

Reaction Score
Centers are fine. 2-big lineups are 1990s relics. And even Sanogo shoots 3s now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I watched the Creighton game. 27-50 3s. They won’t be able to do that against our squad.

Kalk ain’t all that either IMO, he seems pretty limited outside the paint. Adama should be primed to get his and hopefully this will be one Clingan is effective in too, at the least they should be able to wear him down.

I was really confused for a second and had to look up the box score. Creighton shot 27-50 total for the game, they were 16-29 on 3s. 50 three-point attempts in one game would be pretty wild.

Reaction Score
Man, is Kam Jones fun to watch. Great shot and also some YMCA old guy creativity when attacking the rim.

It's also funny watching the energy and passion of Shaka Smart and Shaheen Holloway and then imagine Patrick Ewing's "watching a beachy sunset" blank face.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
seton Hall’s offense was a bad. Everything about it is bad. The spacing is weird so defenses can easily cover the gaps, resulting in a lot of steals by the other side. And if they don’t turn the ball over, SHU usually takes the lowest percentage shot available. This offense needs a lot of work.

Reaction Score
This Marquette offense is fun to watch. All of their key rotation pieces have good handle and while the team overall has great pace (17th fastest offense in the nation), Kam Jones does a nice job working his way to the basket at his own pace.

I’ve noticed a huge improvement in junior big Oso Ighodaro. Such an efficient offensive player and probably the best passing big in the conference. He’s improved his defense too: 88th best block rate in the nation and currently the highest rated defender according to EvanMiya. Seton Hall’s bigs aren’t talented, but he looked strong and had good defensive footwork last night.

I used to see Kolek as a detriment to the team, but he’s really improved in his efficiency this season:

21-22: 37.1 2p%, 28.1 3p%, 2.36 A/TO
22-23: 47.0 2p%, 38.5 3p%, 3.12 A/TO

(Graned these 22-23 stats are bound to lower a bit once we get into the teeth of Big East play, however, the improvement of his teammates should help sustain this too.)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This Marquette offense is fun to watch. All of their key rotation pieces have good handle and while the team overall has great pace (17th fastest offense in the nation), Kam Jones does a nice job working his way to the basket at his own pace.

I’ve noticed a huge improvement in junior big Oso Ighodaro. Such an efficient offensive player and probably the best passing big in the conference. He’s improved his defense too: 88th best block rate in the nation and currently the highest rated defender according to EvanMiya. Seton Hall’s bigs aren’t talented, but he looked strong and had good defensive footwork last night.

I used to see Kolek as a detriment to the team, but he’s really improved in his efficiency this season:

21-22: 37.1 2p%, 28.1 3p%, 2.36 A/TO
22-23: 47.0 2p%, 38.5 3p%, 3.12 A/TO

(Graned these 22-23 stats are bound to lower a bit once we get into the teeth of Big East play, however, the improvement of his teammates should help sustain this too.)

Marquette goes from defense to offense really well, especially off steals. A steal is worth some multiple of a rebound because a steal usually occurs above some of the offensive players and then results in a high percentage, transition opportunity. Marquette's offense is OK, but they really live off transition baskets. That is not a criticism, because I am a huge fan of steals for that reason.

The cost of playing the passing lanes as well as Marquette does is that they give up a few layups if the other team can thread the needle. It is usually a good tradeoff for Marquette though.

I like Seton Hall's frontcourt, at least compared to its backcourt. I think Richmond and some of the other guards on SHU just chuck up a lot of shots, and Seton Hall would be better off running an old school post-up offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom