December - Other Big East Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

December - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like Seton Hall's frontcourt, at least compared to its backcourt. I think Richmond and some of the other guards on SHU just chuck up a lot of shots, and Seton Hall would be better off running an old school post-up offense.
Interesting, I think their frontcourt is much worse than their backcourt, at least until Yetna is back (knee).

Tyrese Samuel is an average-at-best big while his backup right now is Tray Jackson, a solid stretch 4, but not a capable 5, especially with Samuel only getting 21 mpg.

Ndefo is so much fun to watch, but he's getting basically the same minutes from his Saint Peter's days, starting all but one game this season. I'd love him as an energy bench guy (a la Whaley circa his junior year) but not as the 3rd leading minutes guy on Seton Hall.

And then Tae Davis has a ton of potential, but he's a raw rookie and shouldn't be playing 17 mpg.

But I'm with you in not loving the backcourt, even though I think it's a better unit than the frontcourt.

Im summary, I'd expect Seton Hall to finish in the bottom third this year. Not an easy team to play against, but definitely not a tournament team. Might go far in the BET, though, just based on the parity of the tournament.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am going to assume that Holloway is overhauling the offense and the players just aren't getting it, because I only saw a few St. Peter's games last year but that offense wasn't nearly as bad as this train wreck. Last night's game was the first BE loss that was not close, and they played a good Xavier team tough. Seton Hall plays very good defense, so you don't want to write off the season if you are Holloway, but that offense needs a quick fix by Saturday because they can't waste another game.

If I were Holloway, I would tap the brakes a little on some of the outside shot selection, and get the ball to Samuel, Jackson, and Davis inside a few more possessions a half. It will slow the offense down, but he has to increase the expected value of his possessions and more long contested pullups from Odukale, Dawes and Richmond are not the answer. I also think that tightening the rotation for a few games is a good move. I agree that some of these deep bench players need to earn their playing time.

Reaction Score

NBA sucks!

Wow, that is impressive. Imagine if it was a higher caliber game... like a ranked Creighton vs anyone other than DePaul!

I'll bet we see this as a regular thing starting next year. Although it helped getting the lead in from the best NFL matchup before that. Still have to consider that a win though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wow, that is impressive. Imagine if it was a higher caliber game... like a ranked Creighton vs anyone other than DePaul!

I'll bet we see this as a regular thing starting next year. Although it helped getting the lead in from the best NFL matchup before that. Still have to consider that a win though.

I would gladly be in Gampel Xmas day. Id skip XL though. I smell enough bad cooking during those 2 days.

Reaction Score

"helped" is certainly an understatement lol. That tweet reads "7+ million people left on their TV when they went to get pie at 4:30 pm"

Reaction Score
"helped" is certainly an understatement lol. That tweet reads "7+ million people left on their TV when they went to get pie at 4:30 pm"
100% this cause that's exactly what happened in my house. Says way more about the NFL vs the NBA than CBB vs the NBA.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They could have sold UConn All-Access like Pay Per View during the Calhoun era. Imagine Calhoun on a mic for a whole game? It would have been spectacular.

Reaction Score
Coaches are mic'd up and Mike Anderson is not having a good night. He was standing on the court in the corner for a good 10 seconds as Xavier finished up their 16-0 run

Reaction Score
I turned it off. Not really interesting in hearing two raspy voice coaches scream for 2 hours

Is this happening all game or do they eventually switch back to normal commentating?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
How can this be a full game thing? It is brutal.

Reaction Score
St. Johns' main lineup (or one of their two main ones) is shooting 25% from 3 as a team on the season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know it is early in this game, but St. Johns has looked good in exactly one game all season, against Nebraska. Xavier isn't even playing that well, and they are up 14. The NET is an efficiency rating, so getting smoked at home would be pretty bad for the Johnnies.

Freemantle makes a few knucklehead plays every game, but Colby Jones must drive his teammates crazy. He is a less talented version of Nembhard, playing hero ball on a team that absolutely doesn't need him to do that.

MJ1

Reaction Score
I turned it off. Not really interesting in hearing two raspy voice coaches scream for 2 hours

Is this happening all game or do they eventually switch back to normal commentating?
Unfortunately, All game

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This All Access is plain BS
I want to see the action full screen and not the damn coaches
Better not do this at the UConn games
Can coaches decline it?
I remember another conference tried this crap and canned it in short order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics