December - Other Big East Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

December - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But yet they're still terrible. Cleveland was a high recruit too. I haven't watched them yet, so not sure how they're so bad. I seem to recall Mills was only in it for himself though, it seemed.
There is some level of excuse down in Tallahassee:
  • They are playing with nine scholarship players and their three players out are 6'7 or taller
    • Top freshman recruit Baba Miller will not play til January due to his travel appeal being denied
    • Brown grad transfer Jaylan Gainey will not play this year due to a knee injury
    • Cam'Ron Fletcher (10.8p, 7.5r, 1.5 3PM) tore his ACL
      • These injuries mean that two of their three bigs are true freshmen
  • They have guards, but not "the guy".
    • Darin Green is a great shooter, but lacks in other ways.
    • Caleb Mills can attack the rim, but isn't an efficient shooter and struggles from deep.
    • I like Matthew Cleveland but he's more of a slashing wing.
    • Warley is a good defensive player and distributor, but isn't a scorer.
In summary, their roster just doesn't look like a typical Florida State team, which is usually one of my more favorite high-major teams to root for. Big Leonard Hamilton fan.

Reaction Score
There is some level of excuse down in Tallahassee:
  • They are playing with nine scholarship players and their three players out are 6'7 or taller
    • Top freshman recruit Baba Miller will not play til January due to his travel appeal being denied
    • Brown grad transfer Jaylan Gainey will not play this year due to a knee injury
    • Cam'Ron Fletcher (10.8p, 7.5r, 1.5 3PM) tore his ACL
      • These injuries mean that two of their three bigs are true freshmen
  • They have guards, but not "the guy".
    • Darin Green is a great shooter, but lacks in other ways.
    • Caleb Mills can attack the rim, but isn't an efficient shooter and struggles from deep.
    • I like Matthew Cleveland but he's more of a slashing wing.
    • Warley is a good defensive player and distributor, but isn't a scorer.
In summary, their roster just doesn't look like a typical Florida State team, which is usually one of my more favorite high-major teams to root for. Big Leonard Hamilton fan.
Thanks for the explanation. I forgot about Cam'Ron. Wasn't he the kid who had it out with Calipari?

Reaction Score
One good thing - Kadary's career high game is no longer vs UConn.
LMFAO. I thought I was going to be the only one that would mention this here or thought that when the announcers stated he got his new career high.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall with a shot to win it at Xavier with 15 sec left down 1.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hall had a great play to go full court with 3.7 secs left. Got a wide open look for the tie. Missed it.

Hall played some tenacious D to hang in there.

Reaction Score
St. John's started strong but went down at Nova.

Reaction Score
Nova was 107 in KenPom on Monday. Now 54.
I’ll talk about it more on the scouting report tomorrow or Friday, but Villanova is 2-5 without Can Whitmore and 5-0 with him.

Totally different team with him. One underrated aspect: Whitmore (and Slater is the other) has played most of Eric Dixon’s backup minutes at the 5, allowing a 5 out scheme whenever Dixon is out. Dixon’s three point shot has good form so everyone out there can stroke it from deep.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You must be confusing it with NET. They've never been lower than 56 in KenPom.
Mea culpa. I knew I posted 107 on Monday and yeah, that post was about NET. They moved up to 105 today, might be top 100 tomorrow.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I’ll talk about it more on the scouting report tomorrow or Friday, but Villanova is 2-5 without Can Whitmore and 5-0 with him.

Totally different team with him. One underrated aspect: Whitmore (and Slater is the other) has played most of Eric Dixon’s backup minutes at the 5, allowing a 5 out scheme whenever Dixon is out. Dixon’s three point shot has good form so everyone out there can stroke it from deep.
And interestingly enough though Whitmore didn’t have much contributions today. It was basically the team pre-Cam that put the whooping on St. John’s.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
8 points, good D and 10 rebounds in just 20 minutes is not much?
I guess just comparing to the games he had prior - he didn’t get to the line like he usually does. Against inferior opponents though.

Reaction Score
Creighton offense looks really ugly. Butler up 16-7 with 12 min to go in the first half

Reaction Score
Creighton offense looks really ugly. Butler up 16-7 with 12 min to go in the first half
And in true Boneyard fashion, Creighton goes on a big run to go up 40-34 at the half. Never fails. Shooting 55.6% from 2 (15-27) and 60% from 3 (6-10). Offense seems fine. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm just going to start talking trash about all the teams I want to win so they'll go on instant runs!
That’s the way u have to work it. Talk trash about UConn when they hit a drought during the games. You are in charge of that:)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Both teams shoot well. Butler's starting 5 is pretty good, but Matta has got to come up with some kind of bench or his starters will wear out over the course of the season. Creighton is a different team with Kalkbrenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom