Death Storm redux | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Death Storm redux

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Somehow they have power which is a miracle but no plow guy yet.

I have a young able bodied teen boy here right now. He can shovel you out.Get this. To rub additional salt in my wound, I get home from work yesterday and my 16 year old daughter's boyfriend was over because of snow day so they were just hanging and watching movies and stuff.
I yell at my wife for this because I see the writing on the wall and she says " oh no, the dad's coming to pick him up after dinner"

Sure enough an hour later the guy cant make it out on the roads and their power was out already in deep River.

So I got stuck having a sleepover with my daughter's boyfriend here.

I slept on recliner in my den in between the family room couch I put the kid on and the stairs to my daughter's room. I didn't get much sleep.

But I have the two of them shoveling right now.

Did I mention I hate Chester?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Lost power in Shelton from 7:30 pm to 12:30 am. No power at work in Monroe. Both generators are running but the transfer switches both failed.

#noworktoday
#gettowatchthegame

Reaction Score
I'm in Shelton too. Never lost power. Have a pine tree that's all but destroyed from snapping branches. Lucky I guess.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
How early is too early to fire up the snowblower?
I can answer that as far as I am concerned. Last year in March we caught heck with that March Nor'easter. We got slammed here in Central PA. Because what was forecast I started early. I was snow blowing while it was coming down. I must of snow blowed 4 times that day. No way was I going to start when it ended. Five o'clock it ended and all the neighbors came out. Our Township then started to plow. When he came down our street he made sure he didn't snow us in. He would of been dragged out his truck and tar and feathered. If you were not out side in your driveway, he didn't care. Four feet snow wall in front of your driveway is not fun.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a young able bodied teen boy here right now. He can shovel you out.Get this. To rub additional salt in my wound, I get home from work yesterday and my 16 year old daughter's boyfriend was over because of snow day so they were just hanging and watching movies and stuff.
I yell at my wife for this because I see the writing on the wall and she says " oh no, the dad's coming to pick him up after dinner"

Sure enough an hour later the guy cant make it out on the roads and their power was out already in deep River.

I slept on recliner in my den in between the family room couch I put the kid on and the stairs to my daughter's room. I didn't get much sleep.

My driveway is 600 ft long. If you want him dead it’s the perfect task.

Nothing like an extra squatter during an uncomfortable night.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
My driveway is 600 ft long. If you want him dead it’s the perfect task.

Nothing like an extra squatter during an uncomfortable night.

I'm putting the kid to the test. I'm going to offer him 20 bucks when he's done. If he takes it, he's toast.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It was crazy last night. We have underground wires on my steeet so don’t usually lose power often. However, our lights dimmed a few times. Shoveled at 5 but then the snow picked up here. Went out again at 8ish and we had another 6-7 inches easily. While shoveling the street lamp on my property started to get brighter and then normal every time the wind kicked up. Snow was still blowing hard and when I got to the sidewalk I heard a humming sound from the lamp. I said screw it and went back inside. I’ll try tackling the bottom of my driveway today. Wasn’t about to be around if that light blew. Heard tons of cracking trees too. Crazy storm

Reaction Score

Don't worry, they don't typically go active until 17. We may have started earlier but our food was loaded with steroids.

Reaction Score
Lost power in Shelton from 7:30 pm to 12:30 am. No power at work in Monroe. Both generators are running but the transfer switches both failed.

#noworktoday
#gettowatchthegame
Who manufactured the transfer switches? That shouldn't happen!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

You should have used one of those colonial-era bundling bags on him, like they used in "The Patriot".

Reaction Score
Things were pretty bad where I am at yesterday. It was about 50 degrees and the wind was really whipping. The guys building my porch almost didnt work because they said it was too cold.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Last winter, a neighbor's tree destroyed my boat and did about 5 grand worth of damage to my tow vehicle. Wife is paranoid as hell about another one coming down on the new boat. The neighbor has been in assisted living since last spring, and the property is a disheveled mess. I had most of the trees on the corner of her property that extends behind mine taken out over the summer. One of the two that the tree guy said were not an issue broke last night. Luckily, it broke high enough that the part of the tree that fell didn't quite reach my boat. Looking into the woods behind us, it looks like mother nature was planning on playing pickup sticks.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Id like to report that my new snowblower ate 12"+ of water logged snow like it enjoyed it. Ill never buy another machine besides an Ariens. The midnight and 4:00 AM trip outside with the puppy sucked. Sheepdog covered in mini snowballs.

Reaction Score
Have to travel from Tolland to Mohegan tonight for Alice Cooper concert. Usually go through Willimantic down 32 to 2 and 395. Anyone know what those roads are like. Could always do 84 to 2 but longer trip.

Reaction Score
N NJ got 16" (measured in back yard). Power out since 3 pm Wed. Most of the surrounding towns at dead-stop due to branches / electric lines down.

Generac saved the day. But had horrible 'beating' acoustic. Intake vents became iced and stopped air intake. Scraped snow/ice out of intake grates, and eurika! But to have the back-up crap-out when you need it isn't encouraging.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom