Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is anyone alive out there?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just woke up. we got no power in norwalk. lost it last night. we lost our cable since about 2pm yesterday, sucks ballz. cell phones all we got. trees down but not as bad as what i'm hearing upstate.

Reaction Score
I have no cable in Norwalk either, never lost power though...oh well, off to the Giants game!

Reaction Score
I have no cable in Norwalk either, never lost power though...oh well, off to the Giants game!

lost power in Bristol about 11PM after several bouts with 10 second blackouts and then the power would come back on and all 4 of us would cheer!! Even cell service is spotty. I'm at my mom's in W Hartford helping her out. Huge telephone pole across Ridgewood Rd near WVIT Ch 30. building. My mom's 35 year old pines were devistated.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, came back home today and found a big freaking tree propped between my roof on one side and another tree on the other, at about a 40 degree lean. Uprooted. This really sucks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ha!! We learned our lesson , we bought some insurance in the form of a generator. We'll never lose power again. ;^)
I bought mine in '95 after a series of power outages and never used it...until this weekend.

Reaction Score
Well, came back home today and found a big freaking tree propped between my roof on one side and another tree on the other, at about a 40 degree lean. Uprooted. This really sucks.
Do you have damage to the house? This storm is making Irene look like nothing.

Reaction Score
Worked like a charm. We still have power. My son is using the generator at his house.
I bought mine in '95 after a series of power outages and never used it...until this weekend.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Friends living in Goshen got 21 inches. Their generator is working but no gas stations pumping in the area because they don't have generators.

Reaction Score
Friends living in Goshen got 21 inches. Their generator is working but no gas stations pumping in the area because they don't have generators.
And the ones who do have gas have lines down the road so they will be out of gas soon.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Do you have damage to the house? This storm is making Irene look like nothing.

I'm sure that there is some, but no major crushing-type damage. When I get power at home, I will post a picture. If you drive up Route 2, when you approach Glastonbury, suddenly there are tons of trees that are broken and damaged. For some reason, there was more rain just to the south and did not seem to get the same really heavy snow.

Reaction Score
Almost have more limbs on the ground and on my house than on the trees now. If not for a kind neighbor I wouldn't have been able to get either of our cars out.

Reaction Score
Almost have more limbs on the ground and on my house than on the trees now. If not for a kind neighbor I wouldn't have been able to get either of our cars out.
Does all this mean that firewood will be real cheap next winter? (sorry , bad joke)

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
UConn didn't get too much at all yet some of campus lost power apparently.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
lost power in Bristol about 11PM after several bouts with 10 second blackouts and then the power would come back on and all 4 of us would cheer!! Even cell service is spotty. I'm at my mom's in W Hartford helping her out. Huge telephone pole across Ridgewood Rd near WVIT Ch 30. building. My mom's 35 year old pines were devistated.

This is re-G-d-damn-diculous, Alex. First we both live in West Hartford, now we both live in Bristol.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
hows everyone doing? got power back down here but still no cable. got a couple trees still to clean up.

Reaction Score
we had planned to move this weekend .. so we did... then death storm 2012 hit.. no power still and i really need to shower... Pretty rough weekend for me... next weekend i got uconn hoops i think ...

This has been brought to you by WTF!

Reaction Score
In NNJ, the town / electric co are saying Wed midnite - Friday midnite, but they don't sound very convincing. We've been lights-out since 3pm Sat. In the meantime, folks are figuring out that the fireplace is actually useful to everyday life. Lots of smoke in the neighborhood. No doubt the Omamites will be inspecting for air polution violations soon.

Time, to seriously look for a generator. These 1-in-a-100-year-events are happening far tooo frequently lately, eh?? Anyone with experience?? How long do thosde things run before re-fuel??

For those astute thinkers out there - I am not at home while typing this.

Reaction Score
In NNJ, the town / electric co are saying Wed midnite - Friday midnite, but they don't sound very convincing. We've been lights-out since 3pm Sat. In the meantime, folks are figuring out that the fireplace is actually useful to everyday life. Lots of smoke in the neighborhood. No doubt the Omamites will be inspecting for air polution violations soon.

Time, to seriously look for a generator. These 1-in-a-100-year-events are happening far tooo frequently lately, eh?? Anyone with experience?? How long do thosde things run before re-fuel??

For those astute thinkers out there - I am not at home while typing this.
This is a quote: 7 gallons/ 10 hours at 50% drawing 3000W. I hope you know what it means. :p

Reaction Score
No power still which sucks (my town 100% and saying up to a week) but all I'm worried about right now is how the hell am I going to watch the game on the computer wednesday night!!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I sympathize with all of my fellow fans during these tough times.

Reaction Score
This is re-G-d-damn-diculous, Alex. First we both live in West Hartford, now we both live in Bristol.

So who's stalking who zls??? ;)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How many of you people without power and no generator got egged tonight?

Reaction Score
How many of you people without power and no generator got egged tonight?

There was no Halloween in many places tonight. It's too dangerous with all the downed powerlines and branches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom