Dear Jim Boehiem | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dear Jim Boehiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading the full transcript above and knowing that he has been a solid friend of the program for years, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to say that if Syracuse was going to be in the conference we will be in, he probably would retire. I doubt he was trying to rub our nose in it.

Reaction Score
Reading the full transcript above and knowing that he has been a solid friend of the program for years, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to say that if Syracuse was going to be in the conference we will be in, he probably would retire. I doubt he was trying to rub our nose in it.

He could have just as easily said Cincy... Like JC, he knew exactly what he was saying. Hall of Fame Booger Eater.

Reaction Score

So, the reports in the Courant about Boeheim and Cuse shiv-ing UConn were wrong?

Reaction Score
I'm excited about the move that we're making to the ACC. I think it's a great challenge. I think it's better ‑‑ it's a better basketball league than we would be in than if we were where Connecticut is. I think it's potentially a great basketball league and a great challenge.
If that's the real quote, I have no issues with it at all. Sorry Jim.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If that's the real quote, I have no issues with it at all. Sorry Jim.
Really? Why mention it at all? He's trying to get recruiting leverage.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Really. Why mention at all? He's trying to get recruiting leverage.
That's what I think. Was wondering if we were going head to head for a kid right now and he was leveraging their new conference affiliation against ours to gain an advantage.

Reaction Score
This thread sets a recent record for BY paranoia. What JB is quoted as saying is 100% correct. Cuse is in a much better position at this point than we are. 99.9% of everyone who posted on this board over the last couple of months would agree. What would JC say in response that they are not?

Reaction Score
That's what I think. Was wondering if we were going head to head for a kid right now and he was leveraging their new conference affiliation against ours to gain an advantage.
Well we need to say to the kid, "Do you really want to go there? They are about to get heavy NCAA sanctions". If Boeheim doesn't like that, too bad!

Reaction Score
This thread sets a recent record for BY paranoia. What JB is quoted as saying is 100% correct. Cuse is in a much better position at this point than we are. 99.9% of everyone who posted on this board over the last couple of months would agree. What would JC say in response that they are not?

You don't make an unsolicited statement about your friend's family still living in the slums while you are moving uptown. You just don't.

Reaction Score
You don't make an unsolicited statement about your friend's family still living in the slums while you are moving uptown. You just don't.

Exactly. If Calhoun, unsolicited, said about Boeheim "He's a world class whiner who regularly chokes in the postseason" it would pass the "Well, it's true" test, but it would still be an uncalled for, move.

Reaction Score
Really? Why mention it at all? He's trying to get recruiting leverage.

That's exactly it. He is trying to gain some recruiting advantage. He sucks and I hope Cuse go choke on a chicken, but we all know they guy will use it recruiting against UCONN.

It is just another reason we need to get ourselves into a power conference soon.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being naive, but for some reason I feel like Ollie and staff are cool enough that they can recruit just fine in this conference. They are so easy for the kids to relate to.

Player: "Coach Boeheim says your conference stinks compared to the ACC".

Ollie:" Well, we'll be on TV all the time because we are the flagship of the conference, we play a great OOC schedule, have new facilities and well, I'm cooler, younger and you like me better."

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being naive, but for some reason I feel like Ollie and staff are cool enough that they can recruit just fine in this conference. They are so easy for the kids to relate to.

Ollie:" Well, we'll be on TV all the time because we are the flagship of the conference, we play a great OOC schedule, have new facilities and well, I'm cooler, younger and you like me better."
Oh and if you're not sure let me get Lebron, D-Wade, and Ray Allen on the phone

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

What planet do people live on that they would think Jim Boeheim is a "solid friend of the program"?

He's not. He never has been - he coaches at a school that happens to have been in the same conference.

That said, I don't think he meant any specific harm or insult. It was a weird answer, but I think he ws just happy to be answering a question that didn't involve the NCAA, darts and a rule book.

Reaction Score

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104