Dear Jim Boehiem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dear Jim Boehiem

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wasn't questioning you, W11.

It was just my perception that the screencap looks SO good and seems SO controversial that it has to be fake. (not saying you created it).

If this is real, I can't wait for Jim Calhoun's response!!! This could get very ugly, real quick.

I created it. It's pretty easy to see it's real. Just go through their timelines.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Syracuse.com

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364004111.888319.jpg

Reaction Score
I hope one of the local horde asks JC for a response. I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen pretty quickly.

Maybe as early as the 11pm news. If that whiner didn't want any distractions, he sure just went a long way to create a big one. But maybe he did want a break from trying to sweep away the dirt.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I created it. It's pretty easy to see it's real. Just go through their timelines.

You lost me at "just go through their timelines"! I'm not that old (42, Class of 92') but am obviously computer illiterate. Again, Whale, I didn't know it was posted directly from you. I thought it was something you had found on the internet and posted to the BY.

Now that I know it comes from a respected source I can curse everything Syracuse and dig in for General Calhoun's response.

Reaction Score
Not brilliantly worded, but it sounds to me like he is justifying having gone to the ACC because staying behind isn't an acceptable option. Well, no sh&&.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You lost me at "just go through their timelines"! I'm not that old (42, Class of 92') but am obviously computer illiterate. Again, Whale, I didn't know it was posted directly from you. I thought it was something you had found on the internet and posted to the BY.

Now that I know it comes from a respected source I can curse everything Syracuse and dig in for General Calhoun's response.

We are almost the same age but Twitter really is worth figuring out. Set up correctly it's like an immediate flow of information and commentary about the things you care about.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One day people are going to think of the city of Syracuse in the same way that they they think of Flint, Michigan. That day was twenty years ago.

It has gotten worse since.

Syracuse is a burnt out, hillbilly city in the middle of a nowhere, tree-filled nightmare. It is beyond recovery, like Chernobyl - but worse, because to the best of my knowledge the assistant basketball coach of Chernobyl didn't rape little boys.

To be fair, he wasn't raping little boys. The guy was 17, and he was banging Fine's wife too. Along with most of the basketball team. Does that help or hurt Syracuse's rep? I don't know.

Reaction Score
To be fair, he wasn't raping little boys. The guy was 17, and he was banging Fine's wife too. Along with most of the basketball team. Does that help or hurt Syracuse's rep? I don't know.
It would have been a plus if they were nailing JB's wife instead of Bernie's.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We are almost the same age but Twitter really is worth figuring out. Set up correctly it's like an immediate flow of information and commentary about the things you care about.
You really have to stretch the definition of information to make that statement work. Twitter's a high tech game of Telephone.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You really have to stretch the definition of information to make that statement work. Twitter's a high tech game of Telephone.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Reaction Score

Bobby Davis? No. Laurie Fine was going upstairs to put the Fine's toddler son to sleep in the phone recording. Davis is 10 years older than Fine's son. If you believe the tapes, Davis was 13 when Bernie was molesting him every night in the basement. That 17 thing is a canard made up by Cuse fans. Davis says he was that young when he stayed with the Fines, and the wife's phone claims back that up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why do you tweet 140 characters of knowledge my way?

While it is the home of plenty of idiocy, there isn't a sport that doesn't have dozens of good writers and bloggers that provide great information and analysis. If you only care about UConn basketball the value might be limited but if follow the whole sport it's a great resource.

I was skeptical too, I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Has anyone in the national media or the Horde picked up Boeheim's comments?? I haven't seen it anywhere. I am begging for a response for JC

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The first twitter is the Post -Standard newspaper in Syracuse (Syracuse.com)

Syracuse Basketball (@PSBasketball)
3/22/13, 7:28 PM
Boeheim: I'm excited about the move we're making. ACC is a challenge. Better league than league Connecticut's going to be in.

WAER Sports (@WAERSports)
3/22/13, 7:28 PM
Boeheim: "I'm excited about the move to the ACC and the challenge. We're in a better position than Connecticut is."

Here is the comment in another form:

"Just as he did at the Big East Tournament last week, Boeheim mentioned Syracuse’s move to the Atlantic Coast Conference as a challenge that he’s looking forward to.

“I'm excited about the move that we're making to the ACC,’’ he said. “I think it's a great challenge. I think it's better – it's a better basketball league than we would be in than if we were where Connecticut is. I think it's potentially a great basketball league and a great challenge.’’

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/03/syracuse_coach_jim_boeheim_ref.html

The inferiority complex continues. Poor Fruit.

Reaction Score
I don't make too much of the comment by Boeheim who, by and large, seems to be a decent guy.

But, here is the historical perspective that leads me to believe lots of folks at Cuse, BC, Rutgers, Pitt wouldn't mind seeing UCONN die on the vine. UCONN was nowhere athletically compared to these regaional peers as recently as the mid-80s. Then we started stacking conference and national championships like cord wood. Then, as a newbie into BCS football, we immediately started kicking ass. I think that move into big-time football scared the out of BC in particular and then Syracuse felt the impact directly on the field. Nobody crying for us, that's for sure, and it does not surprise me that some of these institutions would directly work to keep us out of the fold in CR.

For what it's worth, I think it's a flawed business strategy. College athletics is driven largely by regional interests and UCONN brings that as much or more so than just about any other university in the northeast. BC and Syracuse may very well be positioning themselves to be Indiana football in the ACC.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone hear it live? Seems like the kind of thing that could take a different meaning in print. As in, would you prefer us to be in Connecticut's CR situation?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone hear it live? Seems like the kind of thing that could take a different meaning in print. As in, would you prefer us to be in Connecticut's CR situation?

Why would anyone ask a question that dumb?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would it really shock you if someone in the media asked that question that dumb?

It would surprise me that someone would answer it.

Reaction Score

Unprovoked... (Transcript Here) Second response from bottom.

Q. Your comment after the Georgetown game about the golfing. Were you just being flip and it got misinterpreted? Are you finding that the grind is getting tougher to take after the years?
COACH BOEHEIM: My first year I said the same exact thing: I can't wait to get on the golf course. They didn't write that I was retiring then, though. I guess it depends on when you make these comments, which year you're in. I guess after 30 you have to be careful of what you say.

I look forward to getting away and playing golf every year. And no more so now necessarily than then. In fact, I probably was looking forward to it more then than I am now.

I've never had ‑‑ I've been thinking about retirement for about 15 years, that's all I can tell you. People always ask me, did you ever think about retirement? Yeah. I've been thinking about it for 15 years. I think everybody in here once they get to 60‑something, they're thinking about retirement, too. It doesn't mean you're necessarily going to.

I certainly am going to sooner rather than later. Whenever we play bad during the season, I want to retire, believe me. I'm thinking retiring. And sometimes even when we play good. That's when it's really ‑‑ I know I'm really getting close is when we play good I'm thinking about retiring.

But I have not ever thought that, you know, this is going to be it or that's going to be it, ever. And I would never make any kind of decision like that until well after the season, in the summertime sometime, probably. You have to let it all get away and see how you feel and what you want to do.

I'm excited about the move that we're making to the ACC. I think it's a great challenge. I think it's better ‑‑ it's a better basketball league than we would be in than if we were where Connecticut is. I think it's potentially a great basketball league and a great challenge.

Reaction Score
His legacy is about to get dragged through metric tons of crap. Who cares.

Our situation is awful, fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104