Dear ESPN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dear ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
F7o0X3k.gif

Reaction Score
I think he only used Syracuse and Pitt because Laphonso Ellis played for ND and he jokingly didn't want to give them any props.
I don't agree with that at all.
You don't have to but he actually said THAT VERY THING in the very next sentence.
It's not a matter of opinion, he actually said so.

It's exactly what he said (at about 0:45 in the first half):

Bob Wischusen: ‘…once in a while Notre Dame – occasionally…did you think maybe I avoided them on purpose?”

LaPhonso Ellis (Notre Dame ’92): “I - I - I think so”

Bob Wischusen: ‘The answer was I did because of you [or “who’s”] seated next to me.”

LaPhonso Ellis: “Thank you, I appreciate it.”

Bob Wischusen: “It just pains me sometimes to talk about Notre Dame positively but I will do it on your behalf…”

It pains us all, Bob. It pains us all...

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I was so disappointed with the 2 male announcers. Couldn't they find at least one woman somewhere. I had to hit the mute button at about the 12 minute mark in the 2nd half. Two blabbermouths. I thought I was listening to the Clark Kellogg twins. I took it as an insult to the women's game.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I was so disappointed with the 2 male announcers. Couldn't they find at least one woman somewhere. I had to hit the mute button at about the 12 minute mark in the 2nd half. Two blabbermouths. I thought I was listening to the Clark Kellogg twins. I took it as an insult to the women's game.

I disagree I loved that they were very respectful and complimentary of both SFNY and UConn. Ellis is certainly a fan of Stewie.

Reaction Score
It's exactly what he said (at about 0:45 in the first half):

Bob Wischusen: ‘…once in a while Notre Dame – occasionally…did you think maybe I avoided them on purpose?”

LaPhonso Ellis (Notre Dame ’92): “I - I - I think so”

Bob Wischusen: ‘The answer was I did because of you [or “who’s”] seated next to me.”

LaPhonso Ellis: “Thank you, I appreciate it.”

Bob Wischusen: “It just pains me sometimes to talk about Notre Dame positively but I will do it on your behalf…”

It pains us all, Bob. It pains us all...

Sorry but you deliberately cherry-picked everything after the criticism of the conference and you deliberately omitted the statements of Cuse and Pitt. The entire point was the criticism and then idiotic comments of Pitt and Cuse. DO you really think just mentioining two teams while he could have rattled off closer to ten is a joke?

even the poster slu who was arguing with me thought it was more that he was speaking of/referencing the entire conference as a conference.

The fact is - he stopped at two - then he decided to bust off on Ellis shortly thereafter. beforehand they were riping the conference - which is okay. But no way was he joking when he mentioned Cuse and Pitt.

Kind of odd last night and before the USC poster mentioned it was a joke nobody else did- did they? Now all of a sudden it was all a joke. Next maybe someone will post that the ripping of our conference was a joke too. Let's rip an entire conference and then make jokes about it - and that is so great for wcbb. Yeah right.

Reaction Score
I hate when disagreements go on and on. I just stop reading.boring.

What I don't understand is why then you feel compelled to read or even post on such a boring thread.

While some say "I don't understand or that about posters ..."

I even said on another thread I don't understand how some of our UCONN breathren become so nervous with having to potentially play USF 4 times-- but hey it is what it is.

I don't understand why if you think a thread is so boring why you feel a need to post that on that very thread. But hey to each his own.

It got under my skin - if it didn't for you fine. If you feel a need to post that you're bored by it fine- it just puzzles me why you'd even waste the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom