DEANDRE DANIELS | The Boneyard

DEANDRE DANIELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is anyone else as impressed as i am? kid was hustling and getting after it last night and was hitting shots. this kid is going to be really,really good by the time march roles around. hes thin but his shoulders are crazy wide which seems like he could get stronger quickly.when he gets a little stronger he is going to be big time and it could happen as soon as this season.

Reaction Score
DeAndre Daniels to me will be this years Jeremy Lamb. What I mean by that is he will be the key to our season. When Daniels gets confidence and becomes a consistent offensive threat our season will turn. To me with this team Roscoe needs to play PF when he is at SF we just dont have enough offensive fire power on the floor.

THC

Reaction Score
He has a maturity to his game for being a Frosh, I think that post-grad year at IMG did him wonders. He can handle the ball well enough to bring it up court, hit three's, runs the floor, plays defense, and saved a couple hoops with blocks. Not bad for his second game.

Reaction Score
Before the season, I didn't anticipate Shabazz being as much of a scoring threat as he is now and thought that Daniels would end up being our second scoring option. DeAndre is certainly a big-time scorer and just makes our team that much more dangerous. He has amazing polish on his offensive game for a Freshman and really can score in any way.

That being said, I've been most impressed with his defense. I knew he came in with a reputation as a scorer, but I've been ecstatic at how active he's been defensively. He's been blocking and altering shots left and right and has competed well on the boards. He's really looking like a nice all-around player who has the chance to blossom into a star.

Reaction Score
Yeah. No real commentary, but its interesting that Drummond and Daniels are 18 months apart but both freshman

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He has definitely been solid & should benefit a lot from RB's return ... Drive and kick out to the open shooter.
Agree that I like DD at the 3 and RS @ the 4...makes for a dynamic team with multiple outside shooting threats

Reaction Score
As the game was going along, I started to think that he is taking away Roscoe's minutes that the 3 slowly slowly. Love what Roscoe brings, but he is more of a 4, and I think we are going to see him play there more if Deandre keeps this kind of play (i.e hustle) up

Reaction Score
If Roscoe doesn't stop skipping classes and showing a little 'tude when sitting the dog house may be too much of a friend. He is fighting a toughnosed Olander for minutes at one spot and a talented long Daniels at the other. I love Roscoe but his passion hasn't seemed to have shown up as of yet!!

Reaction Score
Is anyone else as impressed as i am? kid was hustling and getting after it last night and was hitting shots. this kid is going to be really,really good by the time march roles around. hes thin but his shoulders are crazy wide which seems like he could get stronger quickly.when he gets a little stronger he is going to be big time and it could happen as soon as this season.
There really is not much of a difference between DD and Quincy Miller in terms of talent. They have similar games. I would give the edge to Miller right now but its far from a landslide. All just my opinion. What do I know...

Reaction Score
Love Roscoe and what he brought to the table last year but yes he hasn't shown up this year as of yet. He is in a tough spot as you say with DD and Tyler if he sulks in the doghouse he goes and if he screws up in school well that's a different deal altogether . Hope they to not go hand in hand sort of this ain't working out so screw it. I want to be all wrong on this but we need last years Roscoe.

Reaction Score
If Roscoe doesn't stop skipping classes and showing a little 'tude when sitting the dog house may be too much of a friend. He is fighting a toughnosed Olander for minutes at one spot and a talented long Daniels at the other. I love Roscoe but his passion hasn't seemed to have shown up as of yet!!
Is there any real truth to Roscoe skipping classes. JC would be the 1st to know, and my guess is Roscoe, or anyone else, wouldn't suit up.

Reaction Score
Everyone calm down, Roscoe skipped ONE class and sat out the 1st half against AIC, it's a matter of the past.

Reaction Score
Yeah. No real commentary, but its interesting that Drummond and Daniels are 18 months apart but both freshman
Daniels did a post grad year in Fla.

On a side not I see us running more plays for him as the season comes along, ala Jeremy Lamb last year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's really nice to have three legit threats from three point land. And perhaps Roscoe starts playing better and we can have 4 threats on the floor at the same time.

Reaction Score
He is a smooth player for a frosh. I agree he seems to be a "upgraded" R Smith on the offensive side at the very least.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jesus guys. Roscoe will be fine. Two games. Kid doesn't just UN-learn all the good things he did last year. He's a different type of player than Olander/DD, so he'll be fine. And he'll get his minutes.

Reaction Score
I believe R Smith will be fine as well. It is a complement to DD that he might be better on O then R Smith- even to be compared, after a few games, to someone that was so key winning a NC as a freshman is pretty cool. It means DD is good and thats not bad.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like RS and DD. They bring different things to the game.

DD is a freshman. So I expect him to have some off games. Heck even upperclassman have off games. But I agree his trajectory appears to heading similar to JL his freshman year. Four games into the season doesn't guarantee what will happen in the future, but DD in some ways appears to be ahead of JL at the same time last season.

I enjoy watching his game. He can do a lot. As the season goes on, and he gets more confident, he and JL will really spread out the defenses and make it harder for teams to double up the bigs. They are both smooth players.

This team is still young. They still need time to adjust to each other, and to the loss of Kemba. I'm going to enjoy the ride.

RB is critical. His absence is very obvious in the four games played. SN and JL are not playing as tightly on defense as we know they can. I expect RB to be behind the curve when he finally joins the team. It takes a while to mesh with team mates in game conditions. But when he's finally cleared, and after a few games in which the coaches and the players feel he can contribute, the level of play should improve considerably.

Reaction Score
Im a little worried about Roscoe, and I said this after seeing Daniels in the first exhibition game, so these thoughts are not based solely on the first two games, although they sort of reinforce my thinking. Im more worried about his confidence. A major part of his game is the energy he plays with, and that comes from his confidence. If he is constantly worried about screwing up and has Daniels fighting him for time, he may play tentitive. He may also struggle to cement a role as he is a tweener. Everyone knows he plays great d and blocks shots and rebounds, but he may feel like he has to score if he keeps seeing DD doing so. Its just a natural thing to try to score to show you deserve to play. He looked great in the first game, and horrible in the 2nd. Time will tell, but I think this is a legit concern, not an overreaction thats fabricated after two games. Not an awful problem to have though; 2 extremely versatile wings who each bring different things to the table.

Reaction Score
i love RS but he is not a 3 at this point in his career and you can see it in the offense when hes there. i really like the lineup with DD at the 3 and RS at the 4 and AO at the 5 which is crazy because i also like the combo of TO at the 4 and AD at the 5 which i think would be awesome coming off the bench if DD were to work his way into the lineup. jc has so many different lineups he could go with that he can create tons of matchup problems for any team we face. if TO continues to improve and AO and AD start coming on this frontline is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Reaction Score

Skipping "classes" was purely an exaggeration as I knew it to be one but with JC and academics at this point, one is as many as 10 - sure he was very unhappy. Nonetheless agree with many below nothing to really worry about but he needs to bring his passion from the tip. Guys want his minutes and he can fall in to that JC quick hook group which becomes tough to get out even for the good players. I expect he's eventually have the majority of his minutes back as he just is too good of an all around player and a tough hard-nosed kid!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I will say that Deandre's jump shot is a thing of beauty. Great form, looks good every time he shoots (except maybe once in an exhibition game where I seem to recall an airball or a brick). He does a lot of things well.

Reaction Score
I will say that Deandre's jump shot is a thing of beauty. Great form, looks good every time he shoots (except maybe once in an exhibition game where I seem to recall an airball or a brick). He does a lot of things well.

Agreed DB2U........his handle, his stroke and his length are excellent and assomeone else said his defense has been icing on the cake. He's only going to get better but wow, what a great late get for the staff!!! Will love to watch him grow this year game by game. Just wish we had a becnh like the Cuse then maybe we could be good too!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom