Day after positives | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Day after positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Considering what UConn lost, playing (even at home) the #7 team in the country even is very positive. Not sure their missing starter and Purvis/Calhoun are a wash but it's close. There was a lot of improvement from the previous games this year all around. There were also two glaring issues 1) Brimah and Cassell had lousy shooting games. Brimah you can credit Texas and his ability being still low but Cassell should shoot better when open. If he can't might as well give those threes to Facey (because why not). Cassell isn't Giffey but he's better than that. 2) transition defense (as noted by everyone with eyes).

Reaction Score
I haven't seen a guy go up for the ball like Facey in a while. Literally throws his body at the ball. Sometimes that's an over-the-ball foul, but hey he's learning. I like it.

Another thing I watched was Facey's technique of blocking out. It is textbook perfect. The kid really works for his position. Now, is he big enough and strong enough to exert his will consistently? Who knows. But if he doesn't, it won't be for lack of will or lack of trying.

Reaction Score
I will say that Facey is the biggest positive, followed closely by Hamilton. We expected what we are getting from DHam but Facey....wow! I'd like to see Facey integrated more into our offensive schemes, he's quick and has a nice jumper. You can see the confidence growing each game and he's not intimidated by the larger, experienced players.

So far he's our best big and potentially can make one of the all conference teams this season. Ollie run some plays for him, please.

Reaction Score
Facey is playing excellent, especially from the expectations (or not knowing) standpoint. I am not ready to proclaim him prepared to take on more offense as he doesn't look too much like he wants the ball as of yet. Let him figure out when he's ready to be a more integral part of the offense. It's hard to run plays form someone who doesn't like to put it on the floor all that much. We were afraid of Stanley with the ball and he's not even there yet. Let him work his way into all the facts but for now rebounding, playing better D is all we should expect from him as I see it. I will say when he's open let it fly though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom