Day 1 of Summer Workouts complete Video | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Day 1 of Summer Workouts complete Video

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My friend is a student manager who is present during the workouts. He said not to be surprised if Cobb starts at Center.

Wonder how Carlton would handle that one, after being strongly sold to come back.

Reaction Score
Wonder how Carlton would handle that one, after being strongly sold to come back.

Regardless of who starts, both will see minutes so I don’t see it being an issue for Carlton. Even if Cobb does start the year, Carlton is almost guaranteed the starting spot the following two years.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Interesting tidbit from that video today-
Gilbert was the one at the end leading the "Family on 3..." chant. Dude is going to be the leader on this team for the next couple years. Let's hope his health allows him.

C

Chief00

My friend is a student manager who is present during the workouts. He said not to be surprised if Cobb starts at Center.

Quite frankly, Cobb is skilled and country type strong. Carlton has some height inches on Cobb and some length. Carlton views himself as a center in a traditional sense.
I don’t think Cobb invisions himself as a center but more a point forward or pg in his dreams (LOL).
My wild guess is Carlton at center with the St John’s grad transfer off the bench. Cobb perhaps at PF but he could be part of the center rotation as well.
If Gilbert is game healthy then we go smaller. The guy at the end of the bench is Diarra.
Given a lack of natural shooters, if Prolly develops that could change a lot of rotations.

Another wildcard is - does Hurley like William’ s nasty side or will he see that as undisciplined?

Believe me, there are more questions than answers at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Looks like they were playing a little pickup blue vs grey. CV, Smitee, Jump, Polley and Carlton vs JA, Sid, Whaley, Cobb and ?

Reaction Score
Cobb looks like a whole different body, man impressive if the young man gets it now. So much there to work with if he can move his feet better, not many bigs on the team get the game as good as him or have the skills to be a difference. We will see but looks like a good start. Sid also and his ability to get to the rim while Coach has offered he likes his stroke. Key is Jalen, all pumped up from his stop on that D drill they were having and that's really good to see.

New feeling in Storrs, been a while.

Reaction Score
Cobb looked awesome in this video.

First dunk I've seen from Mr.Cobb. Getting off his feet, jumping this year. Should translate into rebounds.

Hurley coaching a mile a minute. Emphatic.

Jalen's gonna be a star this year with ball movement and team offense. Opposing defenses won't be able to load up on him.

Alterique with the keys. Anyone that does't think he is starting is just plumb crazy.

Man, it's only June.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First dunk I've seen from Mr.Cobb. Getting off his feet, jumping this year. Should translate into rebounds.

Hurley coaching a mile a minute. Emphatic.

Jalen's gonna be a star this year with ball movement and team offense. Opposing defenses won't be able to load up on him.

Alterique with the keys. Anyone that does't think he is starting is just plumb crazy.

Man, it's only June.

I must be crazy because I honestly think the starting backcourt will be Adams and Vital. I see Gilbert playing meaningful minutes off the bench while he shakes off a couple seasons of rust. Vital averaged 15 ppg last season. I just cant see him not starting.

Reaction Score
I must be crazy because I honestly think the starting backcourt will be Adams and Vital. I see Gilbert playing meaningful minutes off the bench while he shakes off a couple seasons of rust. Vital averaged 15 ppg last season. I just cant see him not starting.
I'm guessing Vital starts game 1 and Gilbert starts by the first conference game

Reaction Score
Cobb was always highly motivated to play offense. His problem was he didn't move his feet on defense.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Vital starts game 1 and Gilbert starts by the first conference game

Not with the way Hurley refers to Vital. He said shooter and defender. That doesn’t sound like a starting role. Hurley loves Alterique. Rique starts. Vital definitely finishes games though. You need his heady play and FT shooting.

pj

Reaction Score
With all due respect to Christian, in no universe does he start over Alterique, assuming Alterique is healthy. Maybe in a 3 guard lineup Christian might start, but Sid Wilson and Tyler Polley have more length and are tough competition.

Reaction Score
With all due respect to Christian, in no universe does he start over Alterique, assuming Alterique is healthy. Maybe in a 3 guard lineup Christian might start, but Sid Wilson and Tyler Polley have more length and are tough competition.
he's coming off of multiple shoulder surgeries and is basically two years removed from competitive basketball. He will have made one hell of a recovery if he's starting game one. Hopefully it happens but I wouldn't be counting on it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Regardless of who starts, both will see minutes so I don’t see it being an issue for Carlton. Even if Cobb does start the year, Carlton is almost guaranteed the starting spot the following two years.
I guess DH will not concentrate a lot on recruiting any bigs because Carlton is guaranteed the 5 in his last two years?
And if you were Carlton not starting wouldn't bother you?
Interesting, we'll see

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom