Day 1 of Summer Workouts complete Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Day 1 of Summer Workouts complete Video

Reaction Score
I’m 50 and do CrossFit 5 or 6 days a week and generally knockout at least 100 or so situps a day at minimum. I can’t imagine looking as gassed as Jalen did in that video even if My old ass was on my 500th sit up of the day. No way a division 1 athlete should look like that even if he had run 10 miles and done 200 sit-ups. I know he was a warrior last year and played a ridiculous number of minutes but he seems to be out of shape. Love to see Hurley and his guys crushing these kids in workouts.

CrossFit folks never fail to remind everyone they do CrossFit. ;)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You workout warriors never get to the point in your workout where you just can’t do one more rep? You could seemingly go on for ever?

Give the kid a break. Nobody knows how many reps he did or what work out he did prior to that work out.

Damn.
All the time. Especially at 50. I was probably a little overzealous in my assessment since I don't know what he did previously but he looked like he was going to die.

Reaction Score
All the time. Especially at 50. I was probably a little overzealous in my assessment since I don't know what he did previously but he looked like he was going to die.

Don't apologize. Jalen did not look like a 22 year old unless he was at the end of 100 situps or more.

I speak from experience because I was 22 once.......a long time ago.

Back in the day in the military you had to do 32 situps in a minute, followed by 32 pushups in a minute (real pushups, not what Diarra was doing--they didn't count), followed by some number of squat thrusts in a minute and so many jumping jacks in a minute or you failed. It was good to see the guys encouraging each other though. Positive sign they are buying in to what Hurley is selling.

Reaction Score
CrossFit folks never fail to remind everyone they do CrossFit. ;)
Reminded me of this.
IMG_1829.JPG

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
"Almost" everybody

Poor use of the English language. should be "everyone" *

Using " everybody" would be a little more correct in a situation where the tweeter is speaking about the whole group at the same time.

"Everyone" refers to the members of the group in question as separate individuals. Which in this case seems applicable. Everybody went through the first day of workouts. However not everyone made it through the workout.

* this post is in tribute to the punctilious poster(s?) who used to criticize KO's grammar.

Reaction Score
I’m 50 and do CrossFit 5 or 6 days a week and generally knockout at least 100 or so situps a day at minimum. I can’t imagine looking as gassed as Jalen did in that video even if My old ass was on my 500th sit up of the day. No way a division 1 athlete should look like that even if he had run 10 miles and done 200 sit-ups. I know he was a warrior last year and played a ridiculous number of minutes but he seems to be out of shape. Love to see Hurley and his guys crushing these kids in workouts.

Over/Under +2.5 Smartphones

Reaction Score
That's great! We want to see "NBA ready" players when they leave.

Agree. I believe the ideal top tier UConn recruit target should be a "2 and done". Surrounded by quality program guys the team can look as it once did.

Stuff the pipedream of the next lottery pick one and done. Give me 3 or 4 two year draft ready players every season (some frosh some soph) that wind up going mid first round.

Reaction Score
Think it's safe to say Jalen Adams will be in the best shape of his career for his senior season!

C

Chief00

And they still don't know how to do a pull up.

Tony Hanson back in the day use to do multiple pull ups on the rim. He did it more for fun rather than a workout. At any rate, pull-ups were never Chief’s thing.

Reaction Score
Agree. I believe the ideal top tier UConn recruit target should be a "2 and done". Surrounded by quality program guys the team can look as it once did.

Stuff the pipedream of the next lottery pick one and done. Give me 3 or 4 two year draft ready players every season (some frosh some soph) that wind up going mid first round.
The successful 2 and dones we’ve had would be one and dones today.
I still think to optimize contribution
three years is minimal.
Complimenting a veteran core one short term guy is fine. Building that core is the trick.
I think 2014 is a model for success
especially competing against the heaveyweights.
Bazz 4 years
Boat 3
DD. 3
Gif. 4
One Maginal NBA guy but collectively a force
Complimented by PG Kromah , and a couple of Freshman

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
The successful 2 and dones we’ve had would be one and dones today.
I still think to optimize contribution
three years is minimal.
Complimenting a veteran core one short term guy is fine. Building that core is the trick.
I think 2014 is a model for success
especially competing against the heaveyweights.
Bazz 4 years
Boat 3
DD. 3
Gif. 4
One Maginal NBA guy but collectively a force
Complimented by PG Kromah , and a couple of Freshman
Boat stayed for 4 years.

Reaction Score
TIL 50 year old men think they're more fit than one of the best 22-year-old basketball players on the planet. And I thought I'd seen it all on the yard.

Congratulations, you can do sit-ups. Not the only measure of athleticism. And it is certainly a flawed measure of core strength on a basketball court. Ask a strength coach. I would encourage any and all of you to attempt to guard or be guarded by Jalen Adams for 2 minutes in a basketball game.

Just make sure you have your baby aspirin in the wallet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom